• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 - Bears at Steelers OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turnover machine is still alive and well in Chicago. Bennett's catch was one of the best I've seen. 3-0 vs 2 teams in the playoffs last season and a team that was 1 win away.

"The turnover machine is still alive and well in Chicago"...

Oh Jesus, really? We just played one of the worst offenses in football, and they were moving the ball at will. We're lucky they threw a few our way. Good offenses won't do that. We made them look like the freaking Packers offense in the second half.

3-0 baby. You guys can call it ugly all you want. But this is the NFL not college. Ugly, pretty, it don't fucking matter.

Actually, it does fucking matter.

We're three games into the season. This isn't the playoffs. Winning is BY NO MEANS the only thing that counts. You people say this kind of shit year after year. "A win is a win" versus the Pittsburgh fucking Steelers doesn't cut it versus the Saints or the Packers.

I'm sick of this black and white mentality that so many people have. This isn't the playoffs... how you look in a game DOES matter. It can be very telling of what's to come. If you struggle against bad teams, you're likely going to struggle FAR more against the best teams.

This team needs to step up their pass rush, or their in for a frustrating next couple of months. Especially against New Orleans, Green Bay, and Detroit.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are NOT a high powered offensive team. At all. They're a defensive team with a decent QB, and a solid run game. The pieces are in place, but they're not a high powered offense at all. I have no idea why you'd think that.

What did they do to the Packers? lol... They scored 20 points on offense. That's not good versus a bottom of the barrel defense.

I agree with you on Cutler though. He looks calm, collected, and ready to have great season.

Lucky the Bungles gifted us that game in week one! We tried to give this game away to the Steelers, but they're so bad I'm embarrassed for them! Go Bears; playoffs here we come! :suds::laugh3: :clap:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miserable? No, I'm happy, but give it a rest with the "3-0" BS.

We were 7-1 last year, and were 7-3 the year before.

Does every single Bears fan have such a short memory? My lord, do you remember being up 2 1/2 games on the Packers after they lost to Indianapolis last season?

Being 3-0 is great, but I've watched the NFL for too long. I don't buy into that shit. This team has a lot of holes. I don't give a shit if they can beat Minnesota or Pittsburgh. They need to be able to beat New Orleans and Green Bay.

Right now, either of those offenses would have a field day on our defense.

I'm sorry, I'm usually the most loyal and optimistic fan you'll find... but these last two seasons have really given me a reality check. Looking "okay" in wins versus shitty opponents doesn't do anything for a team in the long haul.

This team better shape up on defense, or things could go south fast. We'll see some good offenses in four of our next five games. Let's see how we look after the New Orleans game, alright?

Beginning to doubt that. After your posts from the game thread. :wtf2:

Just think this team is a legit playoff team. The D & O are still figureing out who they are and what they can be. I don't see anything but up .
Quit trying to be a party pooper.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning to doubt that. After your posts from the game thread. :wtf2:

Do I really have to keep repeating this?

This is the first time in MY ENTIRE posting career that I haven't been the guy saying this team will be okay.

Didn't you post on the ESPN boards? I was the guy saying we'd still be okay after the KC, DEN, and SEA games back in 2011 with Caleb Hanie at the helm. Even Noon was saying we were done, and I was still riding the wagon all the way off of the cliff.

I've been an outright homer my entire Bears fan hood. These last two seasons/collapses have really allowed me to see this league for what it really is. "A win is a win" doesn't cut it, when you're facing the league's best.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with having your own opinions and feelings about the team. No need to step on everyone else's who don't share the same opinion however JMO

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with having your own opinions and feelings about the team. No need to step on everyone else's who don't share the same opinion however JMO

I haven't stepped on anyone's opinion. I've simply stated my own. This is a message board... for discussion.