• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Seattle at Green Bay

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Packers for you...

GB offense:
- Rodgers is still Rodgers, looked sharp in 1st game.
- Packers fortunate to pick up James Jones, he played extremely well, looks like he never left. You can tell Cobb is playing hurt.. did decent, but was not his usual self. D. Adams is still growing in 2nd year. Other 2 WRs (Montogomery and Janis) had total of 2 reps on offense. R. Rodgers at TE had a couple of good grabs... in 2nd year, I expect mid season he will look much better.
- Lacy ran well
- OL same as last year... protection was very good, run blocking good. But Bears probably were not a difficult test.

GB defense:
- Rush defense was bad (again), 2nd qtr was exceptionally bad. This looks like last years run defense with all the missed tackles. Lynch could have a very big day and make his mother happy.
- Pass rush... was not too bad, but Cutler was able to escape and scamper for some decent yards a few times. Frightens me to think what Wilson could potentially do.
- Pass defense... Shields (top CB) had horrible day... others did not play so bad
- Barrington at ILB lost for season, injured in 1st half vs Bears. Honestly... unsure how much of a loss this is. Palmer much smaller.. but quicker IMO. Still.. now Packers really thin at ILB.
- Clay will probably be at ILB now most of game.

ST:
- Mashtay as punter is still in a rout.. not punting very well. I saw your punt returner had TD.. could get another this week.
- Crosby - solid as kicker again
- Kick returner.. Montgomery the rookie was extremely good.. 2 returns > 40 yards.. Packers were last in league last year. This looks to have improved.
- Onside kick by Bears with 1 minute to play... Packers recovered the football, could have used that last January :gaah:

Here is to a good game and no injuries :suds:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice synopsis!

The Seahawks have a tough task in front of them going into GB with the possibility of 0-2 staring them in the face. GB will be hyped for the home opener and looking for revenge from last years playoff disaster.

The Seahawks need to make hay on the ground and the LOB needs to clamp down if they want to win this game. If the D plays like they did last week then Rodgers could make them pay in a big way.

Should be a great game. I am certainly hoping for a better outcome than in StL, but it ain't gonna be easy!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, good to get a fan that watches the opposing team perspective.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting/predicting a fairly close GB win with about 60% confidence. Definitely are some matchups I like vs Packers way better than vs Rams, but going against Rodgers in his house gives them the advantage. I'll be encouraged even in defeat if we play solid football, unlike the first 55 minutes of the NFCC. Of course rooting for a huge Seattle W but just think GB is good enough to hold serve on their field in what would be their first win against us in the RW era.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the hawks lose, then GB will essentially have a 3 game lead over us after only two weeks of play. That will be a monster hole to dig out of, especially with our division looking stout again this year. I ate to utterthe phrase "must win" in Week 2, but with a loss this weekend we might as well kiss a #1 seed goodbye

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the hawks lose, then GB will essentially have a 3 game lead over us after only two weeks of play. That will be a monster hole to dig out of, especially with our division looking stout again this year. I ate to utterthe phrase "must win" in Week 2, but with a loss this weekend we might as well kiss a #1 seed goodbye
Yeah your right, this is a big game for the Seahawks . Really want that #1 seed.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this, the more I just don't like Seattle's chances. Hoping the D-line lives up to their potential. If they can't get to Rodgers it's going to be a long day.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pound the rock.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should win this,Rodgers really has no one to throw to deep.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Bulaga got hurt this afternoon so the Packers maybe starting their backup RT

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great write up! Getting me pumped!

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting taint!

I hope our defense plays as well as they can, not like last week. Was very surprised how a Foles led offense did enough to win.

And I also hope the play calling isn't done out of someone's ass too!

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Bulaga got hurt this afternoon so the Packers maybe starting their backup RT

AYUP! May help our DL keep Rogers more uncomfortable than he'd like.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting taint!

I hope our defense plays as well as they can, not like last week. Was very surprised how a Foles led offense did enough to win.

And I also hope the play calling isn't done out of someone's ass too!

That ass is named bevell.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should win this,Rodgers really has no one to throw to deep.

Seattle rarely gets beat deep, it's the medium 6-15 yds crossing patterns that kill this team and YAC.. our LB's have to have a big game or Rodgers kills us all night.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the season goes on I think the Rams team we played week 1 is going to look better and better. Their defense was really good and Tavon Austin and Cunningham were both flying around the field. They looked fast all around.

Green Bay has a good team, but they're not that fast and their defense is not even close to St Louis. It will still be a tough game and an upset win if we pull it out, but I think we match up better with the Packers than we do with the Rams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Post by @Tainthappening & a Happy #BlueFriday to all the 12's on the Hoop!

To an extent, aren't the Hawks and Santa cLOLara mirror copies of each other? Why not take a page out of their playbook as they tend to shred the Packers when they play. We should be exploiting the fuck out of the read option, Feeding the Beast & Jackson duo, and finally some quick passes to Jimmy "going HAM" Graham. I want to see what Wilson can do out there, take of the training wheels and open up the playbook Bevell!

Looking forward to a Great and Hopefully injury free game! #GoHawks

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the season goes on I think the Rams team we played week 1 is going to look better and better. Their defense was really good and Tavon Austin and Cunningham were both flying around the field. They looked fast all around.

Green Bay has a good team, but they're not that fast and their defense is not even close to St Louis. It will still be a tough game and an upset win if we pull it out, but I think we match up better with the Packers than we do with the Rams.

Agreed. I think a lot of people weren't giving the Rams enough credit week 1. If Foles can stay healthy they're going to have a solid season.