• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12, Los Angeles Rams @ Green Bay Packers, Lambeau Field, Sunday, 11/28/21, 1:25 PM, PST

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has 3 TDs this year in mop up time. Lol

How many TDs Golladay have this year?

I’ll help you.. ZERO

Golladay and Jones were not good until
Stafford made them good. Shit sakes Golladay played 5 games last year with 20 catches. :L

Cmon man think. Goff is horrible. Stafford is better in the pocket, better awareness, better arm. It’s not close. The truth is his coach is awful and has made #9 into Mr Happyfeet

Lions are also awful and been Awful
And, how in the hell do you compare a WR’s stats from one team to another?

Jones is on a bad Jags team with a rookie QB.

He had almost 1000 yards and 9 TD’s last year.

And Golladay’s numbers would’ve been similar had he played the whole season.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, how in the hell do you compare a WR’s stats from one team to another?

Jones is on a bad Jags team with a rookie QB.

He had almost 1000 yards and 9 TD’s last year.

And Golladay’s numbers would’ve been similar had he played the whole season.

Lol. With Stafford he made many average WRs look good. That’s the point

Saying the Lions are way worse than last year is funny. At QB yes

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the excuses for Stafford just never end.

It’s not his fault. He’s on a bad Detroit team.

Gets traded to a team with all kinds of weapons. Turns back into old Stafford. It’s not his fault, it’s the HC.

Also, Goff never missed WR’s as bad as Stafford has this season, and Goff never had as bad of a 3 game stretch as Stafford has currently.

Guess what SJ. The Rams gave away (2) 1st rounders for Stafford to have the same exact record as last year at this point.

You can talk all you want about arm strength, awareness, etc. The only thing that matters are the results. And, right now, the results are exactly the same.

You can’t stop with the stupid. No one has said Stafford has been great lately.

You think AD and Jalen want Goff and to build
Up draft picks on their team? Lol. Goodness man the window is now. You have to roll the dice, players have to execute yes but you can’t expect a QB to just keep dropping back to get drilled.

You need to do your own scavenger hunt and go talk to some Lions fans. Maybe then you will get it

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the vid on the Packers-Rams game, I am pretty sure Stafford is missing his receivers and especially Beckham for two good reasons. Putting aside the play design by O-Shit-Fer-Brains (which if you watch it, O-Shit-Fer-Brains has some ridiculously stupid plays that are just stupid and accomplish little), 1) Stafford is missing his receivers because he is suffering from injuries that are chronic and pain-producing and his O-line is slowly getting crappy again; and 2) with Beckham, I am quite sure Stafford is not accustomed to Beckham's speed and Beckham's familiarity with the route running YET.

Stafford connected with Beckham on the deep ball because he threw the ball to a full sprinting Beckham. Believe it or not, that is an easier throw than the short stuff which requires much more precision. Stafford is throwing that ball where the receiver is supposed to be like in practice. If he is a step off either way, Stafford will miss the guy (and I would hasten to add, many QBs would too). Those short routes require alot of timing and work.

Stafford missed Beckham twice and both were short routes while he was under pressure. He also connected with Beckham on the short routes four times. So, I believe we will see less misses by Stafford this week and further into the season if his -O-line gets off the schnide AND if his injuries heal, AND if he gets more practice with his newer receivers as well as all of his receivers. So we shall see how this plays out.

If it doesn't change, than everyone can tell me "I told ya so"! lol.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the vid on the Packers-Rams game, I am pretty sure Stafford is missing his receivers and especially Beckham for two good reasons. Putting aside the play design by O-Shit-Fer-Brains (which if you watch it, O-Shit-Fer-Brains has some ridiculously stupid plays that are just stupid and accomplish little), 1) Stafford is missing his receivers because he is suffering from injuries that are chronic and pain-producing and his O-line is slowly getting crappy again; and 2) with Beckham, I am quite sure Stafford is not accustomed to Beckham's speed and Beckham's familiarity with the route running YET.

Stafford connected with Beckham on the deep ball because he threw the ball to a full sprinting Beckham. Believe it or not, that is an easier throw than the short stuff which requires much more precision. Stafford is throwing that ball where the receiver is supposed to be like in practice. If he is a step off either way, Stafford will miss the guy (and I would hasten to add, many QBs would too). Those short routes require alot of timing and work.

Stafford missed Beckham twice and both were short routes while he was under pressure. He also connected with Beckham on the short routes four times. So, I believe we will see less misses by Stafford this week and further into the season if his -O-line gets off the schnide AND if his injuries heal, AND if he gets more practice with his newer receivers as well as all of his receivers. So we shall see how this plays out.

If it doesn't change, than everyone can tell me "I told ya so"! lol.
Retro, he was coming off a bye week.

If he isn't healthy now, he isn't going to get healthy playing the rest of the season.

I told you all the back problem was going to resurface and be a problem. You all said it was just that one season, he will be fine. Well, not so. Back problems don't just disappear.

And, are we really going to have injuries as a built in excuse for his continued bad play? Because, if so, he will have a built in excuse for the rest of his time with the Rams. Every time he can't beat a good team, every time he can't win in the playoffs, etc, etc.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Up draft picks on their team? Lol. Goodness man the window is now. You have to roll the dice, players have to execute yes but you can’t expect a QB to just keep dropping back to get drilled.

You need to do your own scavenger hunt and go talk to some Lions fans. Maybe then you will get it
SJ, Donald and Jalen care about results, not which QB they think is better. Better on paper doesn't equal W's.

Again, same exact record as last year at this point.

And, looking at the remaining schedule, the Rams will be lucky to make the playoffs at this point because Stafford has beat only 1 good team this year. And the rest of the schedule has 4 more good teams, plus the Jags and Hawks ( who you can't caount as a win either because Seattle seems to find a way to beat the Rams at least once a season ).

So, if the Rams don't make the playoffs, do you think Donald and Ramsey care that Goff and the (2) 1st round picks are gone then?

Or, if they make the playoffs, but lose in the 1st round because Stafford is 0-fer in the playoffs, do you think they are happy they have Stafford vs Goff and (2) 1st round picks?

One last thing: Isn't it becoming apparent to all of us that the issue might not have been the QB after all, but rather the HC and his ridiculous hubris regarding playcalling?

yes, Stafford is a more talented QB than Goff, no doubt. But, Marino was more talented than Montana. Manning was more talented than Brady. But who has the rings. The results are what matter, not who is more talented.

Hell, a lesser talented Manning was 2-0 vs Brady in the SB. Why? He fit the system they ran and had a good defense.

That's how you build a team properly. Not going out and signing/drafting as much offensive talent as you can while ignoring the more important positions in FB (DL/LB and OL ). If you can generate pressure consistently and have LBers who can cover the underneath throws, you don't need star DB's and safeties.

If you have a stud OL, you can pound the rock all game long, win TOP every game and win- alot.

But that is not how this team is built. It was built because McVay thinks he's an offensive savant, and all he needs is the next best thing. The QB is the problem, let's swap him out with another. I need speed at WR, let's draft a midget WR, etc, etc, etc.

All the while, the OL has been completely ignored, as have the LB position that has been terrible for years. Donald needs help on the DL, and he has none. And the defense as a whole can't generate consistent pressure to stop offenses and get off the field.

Donald and Ramsey have largely been a non-factor all season. Is that because they are no longer studs? Nope! It's because Ramsey is being used improperly, and because offenses don't fear any of the Rams other defenders so they continue to double and triple team Donald every game.

This team reminds me of the 2004 Lakers. Lots of stars that were supposed to win it all, but got beat by a team with no stars that was built the right way. Same thing is going to happen to these Rams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here it is in black and white. This article clearly states in detail what is wrong with the LA Rams 2021 version. And the conclusion is the O-Shit-Fer-Brains and the D-Shit-Fer-Brains don't know what they are doing and neither has a clue as how to fix the mess when the answers on both sides of the ball are right in front of them. This is a very good article and yes, the secret is out on how you beat the Rams.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the offense is not going to be productive when they are sitting on the bench during 12 min drives. The defense must make a change. Guard the receivers man on man. Get up on them and get physical. Guarding a piece of turf is not working. This will help Donald and the D line by giving them time to do what they do. And leave Ramsey on the number 1. QB's are just picking us apart taking what we are giving them. I realize we can't go man on man all game but the Rams pass coverage is way to soft. Its like we start the game in prevent defense and stay there the whole game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rambunctious. What Staley employed was that the FS was calling the defense as the offense provided a pre-snap look and they would all adjust on the fly that features a combo of zone and man-to-man. Staley assigned our D players to an inside-out, win-at-the-point-of-attack aggressive approach after each player was assigned an opponent.

It was a two safeties deep scheme before the snap to try to discourage opposing passers from chucking it deep. Those safeties could adjust and come-up for short coverage if the offense presented that. The master was John Johnson. It also freed-up the LBs to adjust for the underneath short routes and to cover the run knowing they didn't have to get back to assist the secondary which for Reeder was perfect because he didn't have to think so much which for him decreased his mistakes. This zone shit of Morris is doing the opposite for Reeder now.

The reasons for this type of D are straightforward. We have the speed personnel to run it and with two safeties deep, corners aren't on islands in coverage the way they are in single-high safety looks. Then as the play develops, our D players can switch to an area if the assigned opponent was not the identified target keeping all of the areas of the field and its players covered. There is no soft zones that creates the BBDB defense.

This allowed our D to dictate to the opponent's offense rather than what a simple zone without adjustments does permitting the opponent's O to take what the Rams D gives them. This was clearly demonstrated in the Packers game as Lafleur nickel and dimed us to death or if we got confused, the receivers could break-off the short and find the unprotected area of the field for the completion deep or deeper. For Rogers, it was a perfect offense day.

Morris is just an idiot because he doesn't allow for players to be assigned an opponent or position and he doesn't put his best players on the field and match our best D player with the opponent's best O player. Morris allows O-Shit-Fer-Brains to be loyal to players and play them when they may be struggling like Reeder and Rapp while guys like like Scott, Burgess, and Rochelle sit on the sidelines.

What is even worse is we go out and spend draft capital to get a guy like Miller to come in who is going to take some time to adjust to our D while we have young studs like Garrett, Lewis, Lawler, and OKO who need consistent playing time are not even playing. The last four players are begging to come in to their own but because we make the big splash with Miller, he goes to the head of the line.

This all points to coaches over-thinking their jobs trying to create the impression that they are somehow geniuses while looking like complete idiots.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well SJ, I did just what you said.

I asked the Lions fans.

So far, not a single one would take Stafford back. And most of them agree he will not get the Rams to the SB.

Here is one of the responses that encapsulates exactly what I have been saying- from a Lions fan:

Stafford is an above average QB. But he definitely is NOT elite.
Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes and a few others are just simply better than him. No getting around that.

I wish him the best but my guess is you will see the real Stafford come playoff time against elite QB's and defenses and you will not be happy with the result. Again, I am wishing Stafford to win because he spent a long ass time here and never complained. He deserves a championship for that alone.

To answer your question. I would rather have Goff and the 2- 1st rounders. Even though they are late first. Goff throws a pretty ball. He needs WR's who can get open and ours might be the worst in NFL history. Hoping for a 4th round rookie to be your leading receiver is a recipe for disaster that no QB could overcome

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have given up so much capital to get these players and if this doesn't work out, this will set the Rams back. I mean even if they beat Jacksonville, its no reason to get excited or anything because they are supposed to beat Jacksonville... Now, if they lose, well, season is done then.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey UnrealTerm: Looks as though you are new to the SportsHoopla and the Rams board. Welcome aboard on both counts. I am one of two Moderators here along with Moderator, VitaMike who is around some where. Many regulars here and you'll get familiar with who's who as you go. We always like new Rams Fans!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have given up so much capital to get these players and if this doesn't work out, this will set the Rams back. I mean even if they beat Jacksonville, its no reason to get excited or anything because they are supposed to beat Jacksonville... Now, if they lose, well, season is done then.
Welcome fellow Rams fan to the best Rams board there is.

Although, how can you be a Rams and Bucs fan?

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey UnrealTerm: Looks as though you are new to the SportsHoopla and the Rams board. Welcome aboard on both counts. I am one of two Moderators here along with Moderator, VitaMike who is around some where. Many regulars here and you'll get familiar with who's who as you go. We always like new Rams Fans!!

Hi Retro. This is ShaneC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR, it is not only the back but now Stafford has chronic pain in his throwing elbow and hands as well as his ankles. The guy is flat-out hurt and maybe that is one major reason he has been throwing all over the place. Nobody can throw a football with accuracy when your throwing arm, elbow, and hand are effed-up. This all the more reason to start the First Quarter with the running game. It would take the pressure off a QB who is playing hurt and the hurt has become chronic. When a football player get to this point, the end is very near.
Good thing he hasn't hurt the kitty, then everything & that 'thing' would hurt. :dhd:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well SJ, I did just what you said.

I asked the Lions fans.

So far, not a single one would take Stafford back. And most of them agree he will not get the Rams to the SB.

Here is one of the responses that encapsulates exactly what I have been saying- from a Lions fan:

Stafford is an above average QB. But he definitely is NOT elite.
Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes and a few others are just simply better than him. No getting around that.

I wish him the best but my guess is you will see the real Stafford come playoff time against elite QB's and defenses and you will not be happy with the result. Again, I am wishing Stafford to win because he spent a long ass time here and never complained. He deserves a championship for that alone.

To answer your question. I would rather have Goff and the 2- 1st rounders. Even though they are late first. Goff throws a pretty ball. He needs WR's who can get open and ours might be the worst in NFL history. Hoping for a 4th round rookie to be your leading receiver is a recipe for disaster that no QB could overcome

Bulllllllllshit

Stafford has lost to good teams. No doubt he needs to get better, but he hasn’t had any Goff 4 turnover games like Miami last year. If you want Goff back you are not sniffing a super bowl and you forget that his teammates were over the dude as well. The Jets loss? :L

I have 2 people I talk to consistently that are Lions fans. Both think Goff is worse than trash

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, Donald and Jalen care about results, not which QB they think is better. Better on paper doesn't equal W's.

Again, same exact record as last year at this point.

And, looking at the remaining schedule, the Rams will be lucky to make the playoffs at this point because Stafford has beat only 1 good team this year. And the rest of the schedule has 4 more good teams, plus the Jags and Hawks ( who you can't caount as a win either because Seattle seems to find a way to beat the Rams at least once a season ).

So, if the Rams don't make the playoffs, do you think Donald and Ramsey care that Goff and the (2) 1st round picks are gone then?

Or, if they make the playoffs, but lose in the 1st round because Stafford is 0-fer in the playoffs, do you think they are happy they have Stafford vs Goff and (2) 1st round picks?

One last thing: Isn't it becoming apparent to all of us that the issue might not have been the QB after all, but rather the HC and his ridiculous hubris regarding playcalling?

yes, Stafford is a more talented QB than Goff, no doubt. But, Marino was more talented than Montana. Manning was more talented than Brady. But who has the rings. The results are what matter, not who is more talented.

Hell, a lesser talented Manning was 2-0 vs Brady in the SB. Why? He fit the system they ran and had a good defense.

That's how you build a team properly. Not going out and signing/drafting as much offensive talent as you can while ignoring the more important positions in FB (DL/LB and OL ). If you can generate pressure consistently and have LBers who can cover the underneath throws, you don't need star DB's and safeties.

If you have a stud OL, you can pound the rock all game long, win TOP every game and win- alot.

But that is not how this team is built. It was built because McVay thinks he's an offensive savant, and all he needs is the next best thing. The QB is the problem, let's swap him out with another. I need speed at WR, let's draft a midget WR, etc, etc, etc.

All the while, the OL has been completely ignored, as have the LB position that has been terrible for years. Donald needs help on the DL, and he has none. And the defense as a whole can't generate consistent pressure to stop offenses and get off the field.

Donald and Ramsey have largely been a non-factor all season. Is that because they are no longer studs? Nope! It's because Ramsey is being used improperly, and because offenses don't fear any of the Rams other defenders so they continue to double and triple team Donald every game.

This team reminds me of the 2004 Lakers. Lots of stars that were supposed to win it all, but got beat by a team with no stars that was built the right way. Same thing is going to happen to these Rams.

This is a lot of retardation you got here

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some sort of weird deja vu Shane?

I thought we did this already?

The bottom of your message says Rip Blue... seriously? What happened? I remember him. He goes back to all our days at CBSsports.