• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Giants (0-1) at Bears (1-0)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense needs to figure it out. Mitch isn’t the problem anymore. I dont fault him for either of his interceptions. We need to hang more than 17 points on the Giants.
And the Miller dropped TD.
I think the first INT was on Mitch. He threw into tight coverage. Just because it bounced up in the air and landed in a Giant's arm doesn't dismiss the fact that he shouldn't have thrown the ball. The second INT I'll say was just one of those thangs where Robinson got outmuscled. All in all, he just seemed like a different QB in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st, when he seemed to have a firm grip on the offense. And yes, Mitch's stats took a hit when Miller dropped that very catchable pass in the end zone. He also dropped a slightly more difficult pass for a 1st down later in the game. Not one of Miller's better efforts today.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The receivers had a rough game today. Miller and Robinson in particular had 3 catches combined on 12 targets.

Miller dropping that TD really changed the momentum in the game. Both picks were on the receivers, especially the second. Another Miller drop ended a drive, and they really weren't getting a ton of separation even without the drops.

I am not sure if its a fluke, a result of the contract issue with A-Rob, or what....but it's not good. We aren't doing better than 6-10 if that continues.
Still not much from the TEs either.

Bears offense should run through Montgomery. He just needs to quit trying to jump over 300lb men at the line of scrimmage. Yikes.

Bears sat on their hands in the second half, and that just isn't good enough. This should've been a 34-20 type of game. It's actually pretty fucking ridiculous that it came down to the last play of the game again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears ran a lot of successful play actions in the first half, but seemed to abandon them for much of the 2nd half. Something, not quite sure what it was specifically, but something threw the offense off its game, as it lost all of its mo the back half.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears ran a lot of successful play actions in the first half, but seemed to abandon them for much of the 2nd half. Something, not quite sure what it was specifically, but something threw the offense off its game, as it lost all of its mo the back half.

Whatever it is..If it was gameplanning/playcalling related scrap it and burn any remains of its existence. Possible since we had no preseason they went exotic? in the playbook after what seemed to be a comfortable halftime lead. Tried some things etc.

If its a player/personnel problem we are in for a rough ride. I know the Giants only scored 13 and in the end that’s all that really matters, but the D looked rough quite a bit out there. This after spending all week talking it up how dissatisfied they were with the week 1 performance. Fool me once...Fool me twice...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it is..If it was gameplanning/playcalling related scrap it and burn any remains of its existence. Possible since we had no preseason they went exotic? in the playbook after what seemed to be a comfortable halftime lead. Tried some things etc.

If its a player/personnel problem we are in for a rough ride. I know the Giants only scored 13 and in the end that’s all that really matters, but the D looked rough quite a bit out there. This after spending all week talking it up how dissatisfied they were with the week 1 performance. Fool me once...Fool me twice...
Danny Trevathan is a liability at this point. Maybe he just hasn't gotten his "sea legs" under him yet, but man does he look slow af.

The Bears have arguably the best secondary in football. I think Fuller is the best corner in football right now, and Johnson looks like an all-pro already. Plus Jackson back there, who I think got kinda screwed on his magnificent pick six.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the second half is classic Nagy, IMO. Get a 17-0 lead, and then play scared to lose it.

As for the two picks....I thought in the second half, Trubisky resorted back to staring down Robinson. (Maybe the MIller TD drop lessened his trust or faith) but he's gotta spread it around better. The first pick, he forced it to him. I put the first one on Mitch. The second was just a great play by Bradberry. I mean, Trubisky could've put it a little deeper/higher, but it's a 50/50, and we lost it, due to a great play by a DB, that never even saw the goddamned ball.

Bears have got to learn to step on throats when they have a lead like that. Game should've been 34-10 or something like that, instead it inexcusably came down to the last play AGAIN.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Trevathan is a liability at this point. Maybe he just hasn't gotten his "sea legs" under him yet, but man does he look slow af.

The Bears have arguably the best secondary in football. I think Fuller is the best corner in football right now, and Johnson looks like an all-pro already. Plus Jackson back there, who I think got kinda screwed on his magnificent pick six.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the second half is classic Nagy, IMO. Get a 17-0 lead, and then play scared to lose it.

As for the two picks....I thought in the second half, Trubisky resorted back to staring down Robinson. (Maybe the MIller TD drop lessened his trust or faith) but he's gotta spread it around better. The first pick, he forced it to him. I put the first one on Mitch. The second was just a great play by Bradberry. I mean, Trubisky could've put it a little deeper/higher, but it's a 50/50, and we lost it, due to a great play by a DB, that never even saw the goddamned ball.

Bears have got to learn to step on throats when they have a lead like that. Game should've been 34-10 or something like that, instead it inexcusably came down to the last play AGAIN.

Trevathan has been pretty bad out there. Our coaching/management just love the dude. Keeping Kwiatkowski looking like it was the better choice but damn I gotta be honest, I thought Trevathan would be better even in a worst case for this season.

I don't know anymore about the offense. Tired of walking out of every game with this "It coulda been good if" feeling...with less than 20 points on the board. To think they danced in the locker room "Club Dub" after yesterday...Really? You lucked out, at home, vs a rebuilding team without their best offensive player for most of the game...Yowza.

You're right BD. We should have crushed that team...but we didn't. Just need to figure out why. A blip? Or are we seriously flawed? If it was any other team and my bias was out of it, I'd be leaning heavily toward the latter. But I want to believe...See what we do vs. Old Man Rivers and Co. They put it on the Vikes pretty good yesterday so should be a decent barometer.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like all of the above, but want to focus on three points of what you said. Trevathan's whole game is reliant completely on speed and quickness. That's what made him the idea ILB in a 3-4 defense. Once that goes, his game goes. So let's hope its those 'sea legs' that merely need to get worked because if he truly lost his speed and quickness altogether, then his days as an ILB are over.

Points two and three are kinda intertwined, and that's Nagy's conservative play calling when we have a lead, along with the Bears overall not stepping on the throats of their opponents once they have this lead. I actually said this to myself while watching the game yesterday that they needed to do just that to the Giants when we scored the TD at the end of the 1st half. I thought we should come out with fire as if the game was tied or even that we were losing. But instead it felt like we played the entire 2nd half in our prevent defense and running out the clock offense. This simply has got to change.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like all of the above, but want to focus on three points of what you said. Trevathan's whole game is reliant completely on speed and quickness. That's what made him the idea ILB in a 3-4 defense. Once that goes, his game goes. So let's hope its those 'sea legs' that merely need to get worked because if he truly lost his speed and quickness altogether, then his days as an ILB are over.

Points two and three are kinda intertwined, and that's Nagy's conservative play calling when we have a lead, along with the Bears overall not stepping on the throats of their opponents once they have this lead. I actually said this to myself while watching the game yesterday that they needed to do just that to the Giants when we scored the TD at the end of the 1st half. I thought we should come out with fire as if the game was tied or even that we were losing. But instead it felt like we played the entire 2nd half in our prevent defense and running out the clock offense. This simply has got to change.

4fqrue.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lost that game I would have shit a brick.

They have to be better than that. Brutal 2nd half.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But instead it felt like we played the entire 2nd half in our prevent defense and running out the clock offense. This simply has got to change.
Nagy loves the mantra "stay aggressive". Yet, he routinely tightens up late with a lead or when we're range for a GW field goal late.

We have lost the Miami game in 18, the Philly playoff game, and the LAC game last year. Large in part, because we got just inside of field goal range and he decided we were fine.

We've let teams stay in games ROUTINELY that we should have run away with. Our 4th quarters with 2+ score leads under Nagy have been WAAAAYYYYY too interesting. They always wind-up being nail biters. At the very least, we give the other team a shot to steal or get back into it.

Keep in mind, I'm not an anti-Nagy Bears fan. I'm closer to an apologist when it comes to him and the offense. However, you have to call out people when they deserve it.

Last edited:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy loves the mantra "stay aggressive". Yet, he routinely tightens up late with a lead or when we're range for a GW field goal late.

We have lost the Miami game in 18, the Philly playoff game, and the LAC game last year. Large in part, because we got just inside of field goal range and he decided we were fine.

We've let teams stay in games ROUTINELY that we should have run away with. Our 4th quarters with 2+ score leads under Nagy have been WAAAAYYYYY too interesting. They always wind-up being nail biters. At the very least, we give the other team a shot to steal or get back into it.

Keep in mind, I'm not an anti-Nagy Bears fan. I'm closer to an apologist when it comes to him and the offense. However, you have to call out people when they deserve it.

Maybe “Be You” should get replaced with “Do as I say, not as I do”

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It speaks to how little he trusts Trubisky.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It speaks to how little he trusts Trubisky.

I think the arrogance of proving he can win with Mitch drives him at this point. I just wish it would drive our team into the endzone more often.