• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Giants (0-1) at Bears (1-0)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 was certainly interesting. lol. Moving forward now and looking towards our home opener vs NYG.

Giants looked really rough tonight against Pittsburgh. Not that we didn't look horrible for 3 quarters of our game, but you have to think this is one we SHOULD win.

If the D has problems in this one - I'm going to begin to get a bit concerned. We need to see an inspired effort from that group. They have to know it, too. Jones should be good for a couple of turnovers. We just can't let Saquon run all over us. Pittsburgh held him to 6 yards on 15 carries, so it's more than doable.

Would be nice if the offense showed up before the 4th quarter in this one.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing tho that has to be improved. We need to plug the middle defensively to prevent runs up the gut. Barkley will eat our lunch if we let the Giants OL open holes in the middle. Not sure Bilal is the right guy for the nose.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jones is pretty accurate and looks like a great younger QB.
Saquon is going to tear our D up.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing he said was wrong. Barkley is better than AP at this point and AP ate our defenses lunch.
First game and all of a sudden our defense is going to get lit up? We’ll see. If the offense puts up a reasonable showing we’ll maul the Giants.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing he said was wrong. Barkley is better than AP at this point and AP ate our defenses lunch.
I mean, Daniel Jones looking like a great younger QB is extremely, extremely debatable. Saying he is "pretty accurate" isn't correct either. He struggles with his accuracy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I'll say...

Bears 24
Giants 16

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't use the word great but Jones is far better than the results on an average Giants game will tell you. Accuracy isn't the issue with him. The redzone INT was horrendous but it looked like he was gonna try to chuck it to the back of the endzone and was hit while throwing. That's bad decision making and not knowing when a play is dead.

If the Bears don't stop Barkley they will have issues. Because Jones is capable of making plays with his feet and arm.

The real Bears defense needs to show up or, yeah, they could be in trouble.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Daniel Jones looking like a great younger QB is extremely, extremely debatable. Saying he is "pretty accurate" isn't correct either. He struggles with his accuracy.

The genius watched Daniel Jones and the kid is solid. He made numerous positive plays against a tough defense when there was nothing there. You're just looking at numbers, watch him play. He is tough as nails, he's going to be good one in NY.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The genius watched Daniel Jones and the kid is solid. He made numerous positive plays against a tough defense when there was nothing there. You're just looking at numbers, watch him play. He is tough as nails, he's going to be good one in NY.

He's going to be a good one...Fine, do your prophesizing do...but he's going to also get rekt this coming Sunday...by already good ones.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be a good one...Fine, do your prophesizing do...but he's going to also get rekt this coming Sunday...by already good ones.

Better find someone to rush the passer while Mack is getting chokeholds and armbars on the other side. Because if Jones has time he can do damage.

Pagano has to throw some looks at Jones he hasn't seen. Be deceiving in your coverages and mix it up a lot. That's definitely something that can trip the kid up.

Contain the pocket and make him, and the offense, one dimensional and you will beat them.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contain the pocket and make him, and the offense, one dimensional and you will beat them.

I would pleasantly shocked if we can contain Saquon. I don't think our D based on what I saw already can make the Giants one dimensional.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pleasantly shocked if we can contain Saquon. I don't think our D based on what I saw already can make the Giants one dimensional.

I agree....I don't feel good about this one.

The one thing we might have going is the Giants O-line doesn't look great. Gave up 2 sacks and 8 pressures last night.

Khalil Mack had 6 pressures by himself on Sunday...2nd only to Joey Bosa around the league. And did so while being abused by the Lions in unhuman ways.

If the Bears can get pressure consistently...they win.

Giants don't have a lot of weapons outside of Barkley and Slayton but Barkley can be a 1 man wrecking machine when he's on.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that Trubisky had an epiphany in the final 20 minutes of the Lions game and that it will bleed over to this week's battle. Sustaining drives, keeping the offense on the field, and subsequently keeping theirs off will go a long way toward neutralizing Barkley and co. But again, we have to plug the middle much better than we did the other day. Whatever the Steelers did to contain the Giants running game, duplicate. On our side of the ball, I like how the running game was utilized, so if the passing game can match, this should end up with us grabbing another dub.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better find someone to rush the passer while Mack is getting chokeholds and armbars on the other side. Because if Jones has time he can do damage.

Pagano has to throw some looks at Jones he hasn't seen. Be deceiving in your coverages and mix it up a lot. That's definitely something that can trip the kid up.

When did Jones become a QB to fear? He's not totally incapable, but he's had struggles with accuracy, seeing the field, and feeling the pocket. He had 23 turnovers last year. 6.6 Y/A. Led the league in fumbles. Two picks on Monday Night. He looks a lot like Mitchell Trubisky, except with a fumbling problem.

Identical in air yardage numbers
0.5% difference in bad throw percentage
Mitch 3% better in on target percentage
^ Despite the exact same average depth of target at 8.0 yards

I'm not saying he "can't" develop into a good QB. Just that there hasn't been a sighting of that happening yet.

Stafford is far better and I don't remember this kind of talk last week.

Last edited:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Jones become a QB to fear? He's not totally incapable, but he's had struggles with accuracy, seeing the field, and feeling the pocket. He had 23 turnovers last year. 6.6 Y/A. Led the league in fumbles. Two picks on Monday Night. He looks a lot like Mitchell Trubisky, except with a fumbling problem.

Identical in air yardage numbers
0.5% difference in bad throw percentage
Mitch 3% better in on target percentage
^ Despite the exact same average depth of target at 8.0 yards

I'm not saying he "can't" develop into a good QB. Just that there hasn't been a sighting of that happening yet.

Stafford is far better and I don't remember this kind of talk last week.
I don't recall saying we needed to fear the guy....but they better bring pressure. Especially from the ends where the Giants are starting a rookie tackle and a backup. The interior of the Giants line is decent.

Jones faced more pressure than any QB in football in week 1....Bears need to bring the same type of heat.

And yeah....I said quite a few times last week that getting pressure on Stafford was important last week. So you're typing just to type, as usual.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Quinn playing this week?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was practicing yesterday, altho it was limited, so it looks like a go. The one question might be Hicks. He didn't practice, but it was reported due to illness, not injury. There was no explanation as to what that illness was.