• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Bengals (1-0) at Bears (0-1)

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez "he isn't afraid to throw his next interception"

Indeed

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Bears manage to make this a nail-biter blows my mind.

Eddie Jackson, played better today, but goddamn, that TD looked like a carbon fucking copy of last week's Lazy af looking.

We are definitely better off with Dalton, but I will say, that first down run at the end there was huge.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so the Bears keep making winning feel so bad? Glad we won but geez…It’s always the same sh*t. 4 turnovers and 20 points?!?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a win is a win, defensive wins just seem to sit better for bears fans.

When even Mark Sanchez sees that Fields needs to move the pocket, you know he should be moving the pocket. I am guessing that there is no faith in ifedi and peters getting anywhere for protection, so maybe when Jenkins gets back.

Noticed Quinn for 3 plays, one Khalil lined up next to him and let him waltz in for a sack, he also made a nice tackle, then negated both plays by shouldering the flopping Burrow.

Still think Daniels is the best center on this team.

do you think we will find a nickel corner back before next week?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a win is a win, defensive wins just seem to sit better for bears fans.

When even Mark Sanchez sees that Fields needs to move the pocket, you know he should be moving the pocket. I am guessing that there is no faith in ifedi and peters getting anywhere for protection, so maybe when Jenkins gets back.

Noticed Quinn for 3 plays, one Khalil lined up next to him and let him waltz in for a sack, he also made a nice tackle, then negated both plays by shouldering the flopping Burrow.

Still think Daniels is the best center on this team.

do you think we will find a nickel corner back before next week?
Shelley got worked today, but I like the kid. I think he will be fine.

The stupid personal fouls have got to stop. Shit is ridiculous. Hicks SHOULD'VE been called for one too. He was awful with that shit last year, btw.

Fields did not look great, tho he did have a couple big drops, including a TD that Robinson catches 99 out of 100 times.

This game has Nagy's stinky fingerprints all over it tho. What should've been a complete ass-stomping, came unnecessarily down to the wire.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields looks muh. Dalton is a much better QB.
Glad to see Dalton looking much better today. But in fairness to Fields, he didn't practice much with the 1st team all week. Granted, he threw that dumb INT which led to the Bengals 2nd TD, but he got that crucial 1st down with his legs on 3rd-n-9 late in the game when our backs were against the wall.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields had some really good throws that simply weren’t caught. Definitely made rookie mistakes. But that’s what rookies do.
Specifically that rare drop by Robinson in the end zone. The man can normally make that catch with his eyes closed, but he picked a bad time to go against the grain. The ball could not have been placed better. It was a perfect throw by Fields.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game balls to Roquan on D and Dalton on O for the limited time he was in there. He moved the chains with both his arm and his legs.

And please to the Bears players who had really stupid penalties today, almost costing us the game: knock that shit off, as in N-O-W.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game should settle the debate for QB until at least week 4. Fields showed why he needs time on the bench. He still needs to develop.

Let him practice with the 1s all week and prepare the gameplan around what Fields can do and you will see a different offense.

Fields made mistakes but the drops and a bad OPI call on Kmet also didn't help.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him practice with the 1s all week and prepare the gameplan around what Fields can do and you will see a different offense.

Fields made mistakes but the drops and a bad OPI call on Kmet also didn't help.
I said something similar in another post in a semi-defense of Justin's performance. It's never easy when you're thrust into a game after spending the week hanging with the practice squad. That INT was pretty lame, but Fields was also the victim of a perfectly thrown, yet dropped TD pass, and Kmet's penalty to which you just referred.

Not sure of Dalton's status for next week. If there's even a smidgeon of doubt regarding his availability, then Fields should get all the reps with the first team. And I agree, we'll see a different offense if this happens.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On twitter they're saying it's a bone bruise for Dalton.

That usually means you miss time.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lotta games left for Justin Fields to prove his worth. That interception was horrible though...as a pass and considering the game situation and what it could have led to. Let's not make that kind of thing a trend.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelley got worked today, but I like the kid. I think he will be fine.

The stupid personal fouls have got to stop. Shit is ridiculous. Hicks SHOULD'VE been called for one too. He was awful with that shit last year, btw.

Fields did not look great, tho he did have a couple big drops, including a TD that Robinson catches 99 out of 100 times.

This game has Nagy's stinky fingerprints all over it tho. What should've been a complete ass-stomping, came unnecessarily down to the wire.
Olin Kreutz said you almost dont mind that penalty because it showed the defense was getting its edge. I mind them. I preferred the Mike Singletary or Wilbur Marshall blowing someone up then helping them up asking if they are ok.

Yeah, that Robinson deal after he did his strip club show me the money TD dance on the easy catch from Dalton is inexcusable. But who are Justins favorite targets? Ridley, still unsigned and Adams on the practice squad. I really do not care how good a receiver thinks he is, there is just an unspoken understanding with a QB and a guy that just knows where he wants you to go. I just hope the bears figure that out before making Robinson the highest paid receiver in NFL history.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't under Bears fans that trash ARob.

He busts his butt every game and catches more contested passed than anyone in the NFL. He should have caught that TD pass from Fields. He probably does catch it 95 times out of 100.

He's far and away the most talented receiver on this roster. And it's really not close.

Ridley and Adams were Fields favorite targets because he was playing with the B and C team instead of the A team all camp and preseason.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no beef with ARob. Dude is awesome.
This. I don't know who is being hard on ARob.

If you are, you're a fool. That guy does nothing but play hard and well.

Ultimately, everyone is going to drop a ball here and there.