• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Bengals (1-0) at Bears (0-1)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears drop the home opener and fall to 0-2. The heat is going to be turned up to full blast on Nagy. At that point, he may lose the locker room if he doesn't make the switch to Fields.

To me, this seems like a typical Nagy Bears game where they sort of bounce back and scrape out a win. I think we find a way to continue our hover right at mediocrity.

I think the D plays a little better. Forces a Burrow turnover or two. Cincy's D is still a work in progress. Offense still doesn't look "good"... but a bit better.

Bears 24
Bengals 20

Up 4 late in a back and forth affair - Bears manage to stave off a late Burrow drive to finish it off.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 is here already....damn,where has the season gone.lol

Off is still awful,other than Montgomery....

Is there a brightside to our def.....?....Mack needs a DPOY type of season to get our ded back on track to being respectable,and I have not seen any indication of him eber getting back to that status.....
Hes way over paid for what hes producing since his first year here.....

If we lose 3 in a row,which I believe,Nagys job is probably gonna be gone.....

And all this sucks cause we have such a great qb and no team around him.....

He had better get these guys ready on Sunday,cause Cincy is on a high after the exciting win vs Minny.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 is here already....damn,where has the season gone.lol

Off is still awful,other than Montgomery....
In somewhat of a defense for the offense, my take is when you call a dink-n-dunk game with a QB who is really only a dink-n-dunk passer, it's hard to establish anything but a running attack. The sooner Fields takes the reins, the sooner the offense will expand vertically and horizontally.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In somewhat of a defense for the offense, my take is when you call a dink-n-dunk game with a QB who is really only a dink-n-dunk passer, it's hard to establish anything but a running attack. The sooner Fields takes the reins, the sooner the offense will expand vertically and horizontally.
I don't want Fields saving Nagys job. That is my fear. I'm thinking long term.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Fields saving Nagys job. That is my fear. I'm thinking long term.

That's exactly how you have to think, long term. That's why we should have tanked the last 3 games last year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LSD,dink and dunk/air it out type of offense,doesnt matter,we just are not be to score enough points.....
Especially with a bottom 5 o-line.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly how you have to think, long term. That's why we should have tanked the last 3 games last year.

beating-a-dead-horse-animated-gif-7.gif

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a good chance of beating the Bengals. Everyone in the locker room, on this message board, and probably aliens watching from another universe are aware that If we lose, it's gonna get ugly. So I assume they'll put their best foot forward.

We'll see. But yeah, this isn't the Rams we're playing. Game will have a wildly different look. Cautiously optimistic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a good chance of beating the Bengals. Everyone in the locker room, on this message board, and probably aliens watching from another universe are aware that If we lose, it's gonna get ugly. So I assume they'll put their best foot forward.

We'll see. But yeah, this isn't the Rams we're playing. Game will have a wildly different look. Cautiously optimistic.
And I think with all of the fire Nagy is under for his conservative play calling. We may finally take some shots downfield. Which, if nothing, will make us feel less like gouging our eye balls out while watching this team.

Why, though, is Goldman still missing practice despite his "arrow pointing up for a return"? I'm soooo sick of this guy.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very winnable game. I expect them to be able to beat the Bengals defense and do just enough of offense to win. I expect a couple turnovers from the Bears defense.

A loss here would be extremely demoralizing.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense line should dominate their poor offensive line and Monty should have a great day. Should be enough to win. If we lose it's going to be because our secondary cannot hang with their excellent receivers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense line should dominate their poor offensive line and Monty should have a great day. Should be enough to win. If we lose it's going to be because our secondary cannot hang with their excellent receivers.
If we lose it will be because Nagy will stop doing anything that was working.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comments from the new players regarding this offense pretty much shows Nagy does not even have the locker room to lose. Ridley was playing well, getting great chemistry with Fields in workouts, but his job was replaced because of a guy who failed every other place he was at in Goodwin.

I still say little cohesiveness in the offense for 2-3 more games, so when they are on a roll is most likely when he will go to Fields.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comments from the new players regarding this offense pretty much shows Nagy does not even have the locker room to lose. Ridley was playing well, getting great chemistry with Fields in workouts, but his job was replaced because of a guy who failed every other place he was at in Goodwin.

I still say little cohesiveness in the offense for 2-3 more games, so when they are on a roll is most likely when he will go to Fields.
It won't matter. Nagy will ruin him.

Give a fucking monkey that D from a couple of years ago, Montgomery and Trubisky, and that monkey makes the playoffs every year.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd year with the "offensive guru". Should average 28+ per game.

He's a guru. I think that's supposed to be like the Dalai Lama or some shit.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack finally got a sack!