• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warning...

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last sentence was a cheap shot. The corporations who ran those boards decided to cut costs of moderators and maintenance. We all knew something was wrong at SI when they didn't change the bikini models for several months after they were changing every couple of days or so for years.

There was also serious Chinese hacking on the SI site where they forced spam into all the threads.

The IT and maintenance costs had to be killers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last sentence was a cheap shot. The corporations who ran those boards decided to cut costs of moderators and maintenance. We all knew something was wrong at SI when they didn't change the bikini models for several months after they were changing every couple of days or so for years.

Went through the same thing at cbs and to be honest, if I had known SportsHoopla existed, I would never have been on cbs in the first place.

Point is, for whatever reason, the places we came from shut down their boards, so we came here. On cbs, there was also a ton of smack talk, etc. on team boards as well as a lot of out of control trolls. When those boards closed down, many of us came here.

The majority of us chose to learn how SportsHoopla operates and made any potential adjustments in order to fit in with how things are done here. Some resisted making those adjustments and are either no longer here (either by their own choice or someone else's) or learned to adjust after a timeout or 2.

End of the day, nothing wrong with offering suggestions that you feel might make the site better, but to come in here and expect to be accommodated because the site you came from did things a certain way and you got used to it seems a bit, to use Hammers word, entitled.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO my bird brethren, looks like I will be suspended from these boards for 7 days because I went over to the seahawks board to talk football. It's ok their fans came to our board to talk some football, but you go on their board and your "trolling". Never in all the years that I was the moderator on the board that most of you called "home" did I speak to a poster in the manner I was spoken to by their moderator. What a disgrace.

Interesting, I don't even know who the mod is on our board.......

and I have never had a problem on the Seahawks board, or any other board for that matter, maybe someone was having a bad day.

You know Seattle has the most days without sunshine of any NFL city.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this crap makes me miss KFFL. I enjoy the fans of other teams coming in and talking trash. This is a sports message board. I rarely see fans on these that are not passionate about their team. Given that the Seattle fans can pick and chose who they want that means we can as well. We should create a Seattle permissions thread and only allow the posters that have been approved by they entire board. The moment the show pride in their team we should have them banned.

I say forget all this crap and just grow a set and get over yourselves.

+1000, as Dole said, FN was like that and while FN had a lot of faults you always had to have your A game. The only time mods got involved was to strip out the bikini pics that got posted on every thread!!! Sometimes it's overmoderated here.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, if the boards you came from were so successful in how they did things, they'd still be up and running and you wouldn't be here.

They're still up and running. The site sold to USA Today a couple years ago. Recently, we were notified that the future of the discussion boards was uncertain as USA Today wasn't going to pay anyone on their staff to maintain them. We were warned that the boards may very well disappear... perhaps...maybe...probably one day without notice. So we went shopping for a new place to post. We checked out several and liked this place and invaded. :-) Many of us have been posting together since the late '90s. We've always gone on each others' boards and talked smack. It was a blast. What fun are sports without fans of other teams to kid with, wager with and talk shit. But if that's a no-no here, so be it. Seems very odd, but so be it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still up and running. The site sold to USA Today a couple years ago. Recently, we were notified that the future of the discussion boards was uncertain as USA Today wasn't going to pay anyone on their staff to maintain them. We were warned that the boards may very well disappear... perhaps...maybe...probably one day without notice. So we went shopping for a new place to post. We checked out several and liked this place and invaded. :-) Many of us have been posting together since the late '90s. We've always gone on each others' boards and talked smack. It was a blast. What fun are sports without fans of other teams to kid with, wager with and talk shit. But if that's a no-no here, so be it. Seems very odd, but so be it.

Can someone explain why it's wrong to have a place where those who don't want to deal with smacktalk, etc. have a place to go where they don't have to?

I get it, other places (including the one that I came from) pretty much allowed smacktalk and trolling to go unchecked and some of you liked that. Here, we provide a place to do both. If you want to smacktalk, we have general boards and your own team boards. If you don't want to deal with it, whether just for a short while, on one particular topic or never, there are the team boards.

Just don't see why that's an issue for some.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated by others there is a smacktalk thread for anyone to comment on at the Seahawks forum,many teams do not even have that so to call Hawks fans thin skinned is utter BS.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I don't even know who the mod is on our board.......

and I have never had a problem on the Seahawks board, or any other board for that matter, maybe someone was having a bad day.

You know Seattle has the most days without sunshine of any NFL city.

Its raining right now.

But we also have no state income tax and legal weed.

So there !

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't see why that's an issue for some.

I said it was odd--not ridiculous. Whatever, you're welcome to post in "our" forum anytime. You seem cool. Dolemite Cencored is definitely welcome. Dude's hilarious!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its raining right now.

But we also have no state income tax and legal weed.

So there !

We have legal weed (with a prescription), I miss the no state income tax that they have in Florida from when I lived there for a few years.

I'm hoping that we get completely legal weed in the future. I don't hold out much hope for the no state income tax though. We gotta have that to maintain the countries best welfare benefits.:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was odd--not ridiculous. Whatever, you're welcome to post in "our" forum anytime. You seem cool. Dolemite Cencored is definitely welcome. Dude's hilarious!

Didn't mean to imply that you personally had an issue. I just quoted your post for my point. I should have made that clear.

Thanks for the invitation to post on your thread. As a Seahawks fan, of course I want them to win. However, as a USC fan, I'm enjoying watching Sanchez in Chip's offense.

I guess I'm hoping to see the Seahawks win and Sanchez play well.:lol:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a whiny thread. This is pretty pathetic given all the very concise and rational responses by board mods regarding the proper place for shit talking. I mean we have a smack talk thread at the very top of our board. How hard is it to just click that link?

OP keeps saying he has thick skin then he makes this thread. Hilarious

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated by others there is a smacktalk thread for anyone to comment on at the Seahawks forum,many teams do not even have that so to call Hawks fans thin skinned is utter BS.

Your pussy ass board seemed pretty thinned skin when one fan showed up in the "wrong" thread and started talking about the football matchup this week...:lame:

But you keep tellin yourself you guys aren't thinned skin...:lol:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pussy ass board seemed pretty thinned skin when one fan showed up in the "wrong" thread and started talking about the football matchup this week...:lame:

But you keep tellin yourself you guys aren't thinned skin...:lol:

the 12th man here has walked the walk and talked the talk even BEFORE we were the SB Champs,i dunno where you base your BS like you are doing but it is far from reality.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More about letting us know that you guys are a bunch of pussy fans over there and if you post in a game week thread over there, you might get banned...:wtf2:

Careful,what would you want us Hawk fans rubbing in beating you guys? it could get pretty bad real quick,i guess you did not see the last two years of us and a handful of Niner posters that spent every waking hour to bash the Hawks,the city,the fanbase,etc etc.

You Eagles guys are doing well, do not have karma come and slap you in the face,the Seahawks have a tendency to do that to teams and make them eat crow and humble pie.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ this thread.. WIngs bro.. Why are you getting all worked up over a sports forum? It's silly. Im not the one who likes to talk smack regardless if a team I cheer for wins. .That being said, I have my Ohio State Buckeyes game to go watch in a bit. Time to get hammered. Beverage choice for tonight is Beck's Dark Lager.. Hopefully later tonight I can see many sad faces from Badger fans as well as fans from Team SEC.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 12th man here has walked the walk and talked the talk even BEFORE we were the SB Champs,i dunno where you base your BS like you are doing but it is far from reality.

All I'm going by is what happened.

Wings went into the Eagles thread in your forum (unaware that smacktalk isn't welcome in your reg. threads) and some of you became butthurt.

Call it what you want but I will call it thin skinned.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful,what would you want us Hawk fans rubbing in beating you guys? it could get pretty bad real quick,i guess you did not see the last two years of us and a handful of Niner posters that spent every waking hour to bash the Hawks,the city,the fanbase,etc etc.

You Eagles guys are doing well, do not have karma come and slap you in the face,the Seahawks have a tendency to do that to teams and make them eat crow and humble pie.

I'm an Eagles fan. I could give a fuck less about eatin crow...lol.

Much worse has happened as an Eagles fan, so not to worried what happens to us if we lose to the Hawks.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm going by is what happened.

Wings went into the Eagles thread in your forum (unaware that smacktalk isn't welcome in your reg. threads) and some of you became butthurt.

Call it what you want but I will call it thin skinned.

Dude it is in the policy here,has been ever since i came here and everyone knows that,think we are thin skinned? out of the many boards us Hawk fans and the Mods over there have been more than lenient :lol: you know nothing then and to even respond to you now after it has been discussed above is pointless.