• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warning...

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Super Bowl will go through lambeau, Eagles, Seahawks, Cowboys, it won't matter who the opponent is, the Packers will crush whoever.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this crap makes me miss KFFL. I enjoy the fans of other teams coming in and talking trash. This is a sports message board. I rarely see fans on these that are not passionate about their team. Given that the Seattle fans can pick and chose who they want that means we can as well. We should create a Seattle permissions thread and only allow the posters that have been approved by they entire board. The moment the show pride in their team we should have them banned.

I say forget all this crap and just grow a set and get over yourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this crap makes me miss KFFL. I enjoy the fans of other teams coming in and talking trash. This is a sports message board. I rarely see fans on these that are not passionate about their team. Given that the Seattle fans can pick and chose who they want that means we can as well. We should create a Seattle permissions thread and only allow the posters that have been approved by they entire board. The moment the show pride in their team we should have them banned.

AGREE 100%:agree:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will get what they deserve now...the Birds players watch our posts religiously every day, so now they really will kick their butts tomorrow by at least 20 points. they know that no one messes with Wings!
:lol:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree completely. I'm one of many from now defunct SI Fannation, and we used to get into shit fests daily.

What fun !!

People were welcome to come trolling, but they had to bring their A troll game.
If you didn't insult, embarrass or call out at least 3 rival teams and their fans by breakfast, you weren't pulling your own weight.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait! Each board has their own mods that can act different than any other board? Inmates running the asylum?

Sort of. The team boards here are set up for the fans of that team. Fans of other teams who post there, do so with the okay of the fans that post on that board and need to follow whatever protocol has been set up for that board.

This allows each team board to be unique to that teams fanbase and what they want on their boards. Some fanbases, like the Eagles apparently, don't care about other teams fans coming in and talking shit and perhaps even welcome it.

Other boards, like the Seahawks, have created a specific thread for that and ask that it be kept there.

Still other boards, don't want that at all and maybe don't want any fans of other teams posting on their boards.

That's kind of the point of the team boards. For each team to have their own forum and set it up as they see fit. Kind of like an e-clubhouse.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misko, I don't get why an Eagles fan can't participate on the Seahawks board as long as they're not taking trash. I've been on the Cowboys board, which I hear has a rep, and had no problems even though a good friend warned me to tread very carefully. Why is everybody so touchy? :noidea:

Major shit got talked on the NFL T & R's where we came from. I've noticed they don't tolerate that here which is good for the most part.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of. The team boards here are set up for the fans of that team. Fans of other teams who post there, do so with the okay of the fans that post on that board and need to follow whatever protocol has been set up for that board.

This allows each team board to be unique to that teams fanbase and what they want on their boards. Some fanbases, like the Eagles apparently, don't care about other teams fans coming in and talking shit and perhaps even welcome it.

Other boards, like the Seahawks, have created a specific thread for that and ask that it be kept there.

Still other boards, don't want that at all and maybe don't want any fans of other teams posting on their boards.

That's kind of the point of the team boards. For each team to have their own forum and set it up as they see fit. Kind of like an e-clubhouse.

Maybe they should post disclaimers, like, trolling OK or not OK at the start of the threads.

Thing is, one persons trolling is another person's witty or sarcastic dissent.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first joined the Hoop, I fucked up royally by talking trash on the Skins board. Cali was a class act, she called me out and told me what I was doing was wrong. She didn't even mention the SportsHoopla Time Out Chair. I always thought well of her after that. There's a right way and a wrong way to do just about anything I suppose.

I HOPE THE EAGLES BEAT THE FUCKING SNOT OUT OF THE SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'

Fear the screech Iggles !

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding this thread:

:bawling:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is that there are different standards of conduct on Sports SportsHoopla than KFFL where many of us came from. Here, apparently you can't go on other teams boards and say much of anything. It's kind of lame, and I have probably crossed the line on the Redskins forums, but it's what people are used to. So you have to talk your trash in here on in the general forum.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should post disclaimers, like, trolling OK or not OK at the start of the threads.

Thing is, one persons trolling is another person's witty or sarcastic dissent.

Exactly, that's why the team boards are set up as they are. There are posters who rarely, if ever, post outside of their own team boards. For many, it is because they don't want to deal with the smacktalk and/or just prefer to talk about their team. That is fine, it works for them.

As for disclaimers, why would they need that? If you are posting on another teams board, you are a "guest in their house" and should either read through some posts to get "the lay of the land" or post in a respectful manner until you learn it.

It sounds like where some of you came from, it was open season on everyone and no place was off limits. Maybe you preferred that. That's not how SportsHoopla is set up and it's up to you to adjust/learn how things are done here. It's not up to SportsHoopla to change in order to please you.

Besides, if the boards you came from were so successful in how they did things, they'd still be up and running and you wouldn't be here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is that there are different standards of conduct on Sports SportsHoopla than KFFL where many of us came from. Here, apparently you can't go on other teams boards and say much of anything. It's kind of lame, and I have probably crossed the line on the Redskins forums, but it's what people are used to. So you have to talk your trash in here on in the general forum.

Whether one thinks it's lame or not, it works. There are plenty of opportunities to talk all of the smack you want, just not on the team boards (unless those fans allow it). Not sure why having one place on SportsHoopla where a teams fans can choose to get away from that stuff if they want, is such a bad thing or so difficult for some to understand.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can post on any teams board. If you notice, the Seahawks have a Trash Talk thread where pretty much anything goes.

We also have an active NFL General board where you can troll SEA fans all you want. Their board however is THEIR board. If you go in and rile them up they are going to tell you to get out. Teams boards are for the fans of that team. You can go on their board and talk civil. You can go on the general board, the NFL general board, this board, or the thread on the team board and talk trash.

I don't think it is asking too much to leave unwelcome smack talk off the non-trash talk threads of team boards.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, if the boards you came from were so successful in how they did things, they'd still be up and running and you wouldn't be here.

The last sentence was a cheap shot. The corporations who ran those boards decided to cut costs of moderators and maintenance. We all knew something was wrong at SI when they didn't change the bikini models for several months after they were changing every couple of days or so for years.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO ONE gets banned from SportsHoopla for trolling team boards BUT if any team doesn't want you on their board they just have to ask. It's THEIR board, no questions asked. They make the rules and create the atmosphere they want.

That said, the Seahawks board is probably my favorite on this whole site. I stay away from the 49ers and Patriots.

If the Seahawks fans have a problem with you, that's entirely on you.

But props for the look-at-me thread anyway. :rolleyes2:

:pound:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last sentence was a cheap shot. The corporations who ran those boards decided to cut costs of moderators and maintenance. We all knew something was wrong at SI when they didn't change the bikini models for several months after they were changing every couple of days or so for years.

Your mods got paid? :omg:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line appears to be that upperclassmen can't go into the grade school threads and cause a ruckus...