• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings and Falcons are now our enemies

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Vikings (7-2) schedule rest of the year
- vs Green Bay
- @ Atlanta
- vs Seattle
- @Arizona
- vs Chicago
- vs New York Giants
- @ Green Bay

Vikings are 7-2 but have yet to face/beat a team over .500

They could easily lose their next 4 or 3 out of 4. Bears and Giants aren't easy wins. I can see them losing 1 out of those 2. Then close out the year against Green Bay at Lambeau.

If the Seahawks win week 13 and grab the tie breaker, we could easily catch Minnesota for the wild card as long as we take care of business (win out or win 6 of 7). We could afford to win 5 of 7 is the Vikings lose 5 of those 7 final games and honestly with their schedule it is very possible.

Atlanta has an easier schedule (Atlanta Falcons 2015 Schedule - Falcons Home and Away - ESPN), but they've lost 3 of 4 of late and shown signs of weakness. If they lose both games to Carolina we just need them to drop 2 of their other 5 games for us to have a chance.

Odds are stacked against us but there's still a lot that can happen in the season. Just wish we would have closed out 1 of those 5 games we led in the 4th quarter and we'd be controlling our own destiny. Regardless, go hawks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tall order right now... This game was pivotal .... I don't have a lot of hope.. Were not dead but were on life support right now... This team just isn't disciplined like it was, especially on defense... I realize were probably spoiled because our D has been so dam good the last couple years, but still, way too many late games collapses... Were just not the same team..

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody got paid so now they suck! "I got mine, no need to play so hard now".

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs? Why don't you worry about trying to get a winning record first. You guys are still living off last few years of success, this isn't the same team.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs? Why don't you worry about trying to get a winning record first. You guys are still living off last few years of success, this isn't the same team.

The goal is to get to the playoffs. This thread is to map out what needs to happen in order for us to achieve that.

No one is claiming or guaranteeing anything.

The Seahawks have been to the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years and 9 of the past 12. Maybe as fans we have different standards and expectations because one franchise has actually been successful the past decade.

When was the last time the Rams actually finished over .500? 10-12 years ago? If you have nothing to contribute to the actual conversation then take your bitterness elsewhere.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings are better than the Packers & will win that division. Don't let the Vikings schedule fool you, you can only play who is on your schedule. Their only loses are on the road to start the year at the Niners & at a healthy Broncos team.

The problem for Seattle is that they are chasing two 6-3 teams & are tied with five other 4-5 teams. Three of which currently win the tie break with Seattle. That's a lot of teams to battle with for 2 spots.

Seattle would have to go on a 6-1 run to finish the season while hoping GB wins their division & everyone else everyone else falters.

Good luck.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over. Time to just get playoffs out of our head and start developing Wilson. Who gives a crap if he throws some picks. Just let him go out there and learn some more things about the position.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over. Time to just get playoffs out of our head and start developing Wilson. Who gives a crap if he throws some picks. Just let him go out there and learn some more things about the position.

Exactly. This season is done. Carson looked like a freaking machine out there air mailing all over the place. Trade Kam or let him walk, get rid of Irvin, trade Lynch (or just release him) and start a fire sale to some degree. Team needs to start over some. That's what happens when you keep trading away 1st and 3rd round picks to teams. Let's actually try and get some draft picks back and remember why this team was built in the first place?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. This season is done. Carson looked like a freaking machine out there air mailing all over the place. Trade Kam or let him walk, get rid of Irvin, trade Lynch (or just release him) and start a fire sale to some degree. Team needs to start over some. That's what happens when you keep trading away 1st and 3rd round picks to teams. Let's actually try and get some draft picks back and remember why this team was built in the first place?

they need to trade Kam. Him not showing up was a huge distraction and we're still paying the price for it. His play this season doesn't justify any type of raise and it's not worth the risk of him pulling the same bullshit next year and torpedoing the defense for the start of the season. Fuck him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam is the least of our problems... Our DC needs to be replaced... Kris Richard should've never been giving the job of DC...

Going back to the thread topic, the Hawks are their own worst enemies... (5) games this season we gave up the lead in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter... That's on Kris Richard... Why we keep playing that zone read crap is beyond me... It's obvious that teams have figured it out...

The Packers are our biggest enemy at this point, since they hold the tie breaker over us...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to trade Kam.
Him not showing up was a huge distraction and we're still paying the price for it. His play this season doesn't justify any type of raise and it's not worth the risk of him pulling the same bullshit next year and torpedoing the defense for the start of the season. Fuck him.

Had that stance all season. I was blasted on a previous post a few weeks ago for it, but still holding by it. We're just paying too much money in the secondary. Cary Williams needs to go as well. He has not panned out.

Offensively I dunno what to say. Wilson is just not throwing well even when he has time. Perhaps that's because he's been blasted so much this season he's too quick to throw or scared to get hit. If that's the case, he's no Marc Bulger (guy routinely was DESTROYED but stood up and took it game in and out with Martz's ridiculous schemes). He's Jay Cutler'ing it right now for sure. More turnovers, no accuracy, 'wtf' throws.

I say try and end the season 7-9 out of playoffs. Trade Kam, cut Cary Williams (dead cap is $2.3M, save $3.7M on cap), Irvin doesn't want to be here after we stiffed him so he's gone which sucks cause he's played the best out of everyone on D this season.... draft heavy O-Line and secondary. Extend Bennett and Avril because they've actually done crap... fire Quinn, fire Bevell.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had that stance all season. I was blasted on a previous post a few weeks ago for it, but still holding by it. We're just paying too much money in the secondary. Cary Williams needs to go as well. He has not panned out.

Offensively I dunno what to say. Wilson is just not throwing well even when he has time. Perhaps that's because he's been blasted so much this season he's too quick to throw or scared to get hit. If that's the case, he's no Marc Bulger (guy routinely was DESTROYED but stood up and took it game in and out with Martz's ridiculous schemes). He's Jay Cutler'ing it right now for sure. More turnovers, no accuracy, 'wtf' throws.

I say try and end the season 7-9 out of playoffs. Trade Kam, cut Cary Williams (dead cap is $2.3M, save $3.7M on cap), Irvin doesn't want to be here after we stiffed him so he's gone which sucks cause he's played the best out of everyone on D this season.... draft heavy O-Line and secondary. Extend Bennett and Avril because they've actually done crap... fire Quinn, fire Bevell.

Why would we fire the Falcons head coach? You mean Richard, right?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you guys are overreacting a bit. We don't need a complete overhaul.

As a team we are one or two plays away from being 6-3 or better. The talent is there. Our core is still in their prime. If we don't make the playoffs this year then maybe it just wasn't our year.

We just gotta patch up the offensive line in the off season and find a reliable replacement for Cary Williams and I guarantee you we will be back contending for a playoff spot and the division again next year.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. "PLAYOFFS?! Are you kidding me?" Focus more on getting some actual wins, and hope the D doesn't crap themselves on the next 4th-quarter lead we may get. We've seen WAY too much of that this year, and if I were PC, I'd tell them that I do NOT accept quitters on this team.

You save that mess for the Mariner bullpen.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost at this point... 90% of me is anyways...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Reminds me, anyone get a listen to PC's post-game speech? I'd love to hear what kind of excuses he had after last night. If he didn't use any word resembling "disgraceful," I'd be the least surprised.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam is the least of our problems... Our DC needs to be replaced... Kris Richard should've never been giving the job of DC...

Going back to the thread topic, the Hawks are their own worst enemies... (5) games this season we gave up the lead in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter... That's on Kris Richard... Why we keep playing that zone read crap is beyond me... It's obvious that teams have figured it out...

The Packers are our biggest enemy at this point, since they hold the tie breaker over us...

Waiiiiiiit.... arent you one of the bevell fanboys?

If richard needs firing the bevell definitely needs to go too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Vikings (7-2) schedule rest of the year
- vs Green Bay
- @ Atlanta
- vs Seattle
- @Arizona
- vs Chicago
- vs New York Giants
- @ Green Bay

Vikings are 7-2 but have yet to face/beat a team over .500

They could easily lose their next 4 or 3 out of 4. Bears and Giants aren't easy wins. I can see them losing 1 out of those 2. Then close out the year against Green Bay at Lambeau.

If the Seahawks win week 13 and grab the tie breaker, we could easily catch Minnesota for the wild card as long as we take care of business (win out or win 6 of 7). We could afford to win 5 of 7 is the Vikings lose 5 of those 7 final games and honestly with their schedule it is very possible.

Atlanta has an easier schedule (Atlanta Falcons 2015 Schedule - Falcons Home and Away - ESPN), but they've lost 3 of 4 of late and shown signs of weakness. If they lose both games to Carolina we just need them to drop 2 of their other 5 games for us to have a chance.

Odds are stacked against us but there's still a lot that can happen in the season. Just wish we would have closed out 1 of those 5 games we led in the 4th quarter and we'd be controlling our own destiny. Regardless, go hawks.

Thank you for posting this! Still hope after all!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiiiiiiit.... arent you one of the bevell fanboys?

If richard needs firing the bevell definitely needs to go too.

Bevell's had success, since he's been here for the most part, whether you'd like to acknowledge that or not... Richard hasn't had any success since he's taken over the DC job...