• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers v. Falcons

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefull Jaylen Moore comes back better next season, it'll be a plus if he can be at least 'servicable' as at OT. McGlinchey started fading last season.

Yes, the CB's are weak and nothing we can do at this point. I hope we win our first play-off game but with these CB's, it'll require the opponent to turn it over.
Yea, our FO gambled at CB and lost. Thomas and Lenoir have potential--I've seen a lot worse rookie CBs--but, that is a glaring problem that has to be fixed this offseason.

Honestly, our early rounders did jack shit for the team this year. Banks was so bad he wasn't even on the active roster. Thomas was better than Banks but still bad and was outplayed by lenoire. Sermon was 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and was outplayed by Mitchell. Considering Shanny's running game, I don't know why we'd ever spend a high pick on a RB.

With the exception of QB, we essentially enter this offseason with the same needs we had last offseason.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, our FO gambled at CB and lost. Thomas and Lenoir have potential--I've seen a lot worse rookie CBs--but, that is a glaring problem that has to be fixed this offseason.

Honestly, our early rounders did jack shit for the team this year. Banks was so bad he wasn't even on the active roster. Thomas was better than Banks but still bad and was outplayed by lenoire. Sermon was 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and was outplayed by Mitchell. Considering Shanny's running game, I don't know why we'd ever spend a high pick on a RB.

With the exception of QB, we essentially enter this offseason with the same needs we had last offseason.

Unfortunately, yep

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grop had a good game. If not for 3 drops by Jennings, he'd have been almost perfect.

Jennings...WTH? 2 of those balls hit him perfectly and he dropped them. The 3rd was a tougher catch, but come on, he's almost got as many drops this year as catches.

Kittle comes up big again. Seems like 3 weeks ago, someone reminded Shanny that Kittle was still on the team.

After a slow start, Wilson and the running game came on strong. It would be nice to see how the rushing attack would look with him and Mitchell platooning.

Late in the game, why on earth were we calling handoffs to Deebo? Considering his value, the risk of injury at that point makes no sense.

Now that Moore and McGlinchey have been out, does anyone else think the OL has actually gotten better?

Nice to see Bosa and Key play so well. Bosa was getting doubled A LOT, so the rest of the DL had to rush the passer and they came through. Key has been an nice little FA pickup from the raiders, as he's got flexibility to play inside or outside.

CBs...a mixed bag. Thomas is a rookie, and he got picked on again--they kept trying to match him up man/man on the outside and he gave up some big catches despite not being in bad position, and it's nice to see Thomas has stopped getting DPI so much. At least it's some kind of growth for the guy.

We beat a team we should have and that helped us lock up the tiebreakers for the playoffs just in case we lose either or both of the last 2 games. For once, it seems like the team is building up momentum at the right time. Titans on Thursday will be a tough road game...
I was so pissed at the horrendous play of Thomas I forgot about the Jennings drops. He did catch a touchdown pass though. Thomas, however cannot be on the field. He is too bad. he looks like a little kid playing with grown men out there. Two 50 yard bombs, a long TD pass on which he also committed PI which ATL of course declined.
The one thing I see that we really need is more depth and a bigger rotation on the DL. They are exhausted in the 4th quarter

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grop had a good game. If not for 3 drops by Jennings, he'd have been almost perfect.

Jennings...WTH? 2 of those balls hit him perfectly and he dropped them. The 3rd was a tougher catch, but come on, he's almost got as many drops this year as catches.

Kittle comes up big again. Seems like 3 weeks ago, someone reminded Shanny that Kittle was still on the team.

After a slow start, Wilson and the running game came on strong. It would be nice to see how the rushing attack would look with him and Mitchell platooning.

Late in the game, why on earth were we calling handoffs to Deebo? Considering his value, the risk of injury at that point makes no sense.

Now that Moore and McGlinchey have been out, does anyone else think the OL has actually gotten better?

Nice to see Bosa and Key play so well. Bosa was getting doubled A LOT, so the rest of the DL had to rush the passer and they came through. Key has been an nice little FA pickup from the raiders, as he's got flexibility to play inside or outside.

CBs...a mixed bag. Thomas is a rookie, and he got picked on again--they kept trying to match him up man/man on the outside and he gave up some big catches despite not being in bad position, and it's nice to see Thomas has stopped getting DPI so much. At least it's some kind of growth for the guy.

We beat a team we should have and that helped us lock up the tiebreakers for the playoffs just in case we lose either or both of the last 2 games. For once, it seems like the team is building up momentum at the right time. Titans on Thursday will be a tough road game...
Don't we have three left?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never seen one worse than Thomas. Shanahan is not a good evaluator of talent as our draft once again showed. The wasted trades are compounding as well, McKinnon, Alexander, Ford among others all busts.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Over the past six games, Garoppolo’s 110.2 passer rating is second in the NFL behind only Aaron Rodgers. Garoppolo is averaging an NFL-best 8.48 yards per pass attempt on the season."

So much for the "game manager" nonsense and the dink and dunk criticism. An NFL best of 8.48 per attempt.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, I hope the 49ers aren't thinking like you
Every smart team should be thinking about how many more wins they need to make the playoffs and conversely, how many losses will knock them out. I'm sure the Niners have thought about it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every smart team should be thinking about how many more wins they need to make the playoffs and conversely, how many losses will knock them out. I'm sure the Niners have thought about it.
I meant, I hope the Niners aren't thinking like you are that the Texans are a sure victory. I hope they take that game seriously. The Niners could win all three of these games. The only sure losses year in and year out on the Niner schedule are the two Seattle games. They can't beat that team.