• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers v. Falcons

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons

--26th in points scored, 24th in yards gained
--28th in points allowed, 25th in yards allowed
--They haven’t scored more than 30 points all season (and 30 only twice, WFT, Miami)
--Ridley, ATL’s #1 WR is out and has only played in 5 games
--They’ve been held to 17 or fewer points 6 times out of the 13 games played so far

On offense, we should have success both running and passing. The ATL rush defense is in the bottom 3rd of the league and their pass rush is dead last in sacks and sacks per game. Expect the Falcon D to sell out to stop the run and make the Niners pass.

On defense, we’ve got to watch Kyle Pitts at TE and C.Patterson at RB/WR. They are most of the team’s offense.

I hate using the term winnable game, but this is a game we should win rather easily b/c we should be able to move the ball either on the ground or in the air and since the Falcons best WR is out, their passing attack isn't anywhere close to as good as the one we faced last week in Cincy. As we've discussed in other threads, this game has big playoff implications, as a win here all but locks the Niners into the playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Falcons

--26th in points scored, 24th in yards gained
--28th in points allowed, 25th in yards allowed
--They haven’t scored more than 30 points all season (and 30 only twice, WFT, Miami)
--Ridley, ATL’s #1 WR is out and has only played in 5 games
--They’ve been held to 17 or fewer points 6 times out of the 13 games played so far

On offense, we should have success both running and passing. The ATL rush defense is in the bottom 3rd of the league and their pass rush is dead last in sacks and sacks per game. Expect the Falcon D to sell out to stop the run and make the Niners pass.

On defense, we’ve got to watch Kyle Pitts at TE and C.Patterson at RB/WR. They are most of the team’s offense.

I hate using the term winnable game, but this is a game we should win rather easily b/c we should be able to move the ball either on the ground or in the air and since the Falcons best WR is out, their passing attack isn't anywhere close to as good as the one we faced last week in Cincy. As we've discussed in other threads, this game has big playoff implications, as a win here all but locks the Niners into the playoffs.
Yep, the stats favor the 49ers who SHOULD win this game.

I have Kyle Pitts on my fantasy team and trust me, he hasn't a big threat save for one game. I don't see him being a top offensive weapon? He'll get plays mind you, just don't think he'll be the guy who breaks us?

For me, this is a similar feeling going into the Seattle game, i felt that was a winnable game too. I didn't take Seattle for granted but felt the 49ers didn't have any excuses.

This game isn't as BIG as the Vikings game, in the sense we weren't in good play-off situation then. But simarly, this is the biggest game of the last four and if lose, we don't deserve play-offs.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't beat the Falcons and Texans we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two very evenly matched teams except for Matt Ryan against the 49ers horrendous Corners. Should be a close, hard-fought game

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 seconds into the game and the 49ers already turned it over. LOL!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ambrey Thomas is so bad it’s embarrassing

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be interested to see what the complaints are about Garoppolo this week from the usual suspects

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ambrey Thomas is so bad it’s embarrassing
Oh oh, poor drafting is showing up again? We can't conclude he's a bust since he hasn't played much, but yeah talking heads say it is pretty bad. I recall reading he was grabbing way too much during TC, so without that he's struggling with NFL types. Talent evaluators are supposed to factor those things in.

I know you don't hit on every pick BUT this isn't a late round flyer?!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I’ll be interested to see what the complaints are about Garoppolo this week from the usual suspects
The 'complaint' was his inconsistency in games we ALREADY lost. Had he shown a little more consistency, we wouldn't have lost six games. Do you get the difference?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get Shannahan is a little psyched out about pulling starters too soon, but why do you run Deebo between the tackles? Late in the game with that lead, why risk Deebo getting hurt? He's a WR that isn't used to running inside, just run Wilson and Hasty?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard fought but not close....Thankfully
So many mistakes by the Niners kept this closer than it should have been and then you have Ambrey Thomas; don’t know what to say about him

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It’s te same old “blame Garoppolo “ nonsense. Garoppolo won the Green Bay game and then the defense lost it for example. The defense lost the second AZ game by collapsing against a team that didn’t have Murray, Hopkins or Green. The list goes on and on. I believe some of the “inconsistency” you see from Garoppolo is Shanahan keeping the shackles on him. When given the opportunity he gets it done. The Niners are something like 27 and 8 when he plays and 9 and 25 when he doesn’t; you do the math

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Shannahan is a little psyched out about pulling starters too soon, but why do you run Deebo between the tackles? Late in the game with that lead, why risk Deebo getting hurt? He's a WR that isn't used to running inside, just run Wilson and Hasty?
I said the same thing when I saw that. I thought @you gotta be kidding me”

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grop had a good game. If not for 3 drops by Jennings, he'd have been almost perfect.

Jennings...WTH? 2 of those balls hit him perfectly and he dropped them. The 3rd was a tougher catch, but come on, he's almost got as many drops this year as catches.

Kittle comes up big again. Seems like 3 weeks ago, someone reminded Shanny that Kittle was still on the team.

After a slow start, Wilson and the running game came on strong. It would be nice to see how the rushing attack would look with him and Mitchell platooning.

Late in the game, why on earth were we calling handoffs to Deebo? Considering his value, the risk of injury at that point makes no sense.

Now that Moore and McGlinchey have been out, does anyone else think the OL has actually gotten better?

Nice to see Bosa and Key play so well. Bosa was getting doubled A LOT, so the rest of the DL had to rush the passer and they came through. Key has been an nice little FA pickup from the raiders, as he's got flexibility to play inside or outside.

CBs...a mixed bag. Thomas is a rookie, and he got picked on again--they kept trying to match him up man/man on the outside and he gave up some big catches despite not being in bad position, and it's nice to see Thomas has stopped getting DPI so much. At least it's some kind of growth for the guy.

We beat a team we should have and that helped us lock up the tiebreakers for the playoffs just in case we lose either or both of the last 2 games. For once, it seems like the team is building up momentum at the right time. Titans on Thursday will be a tough road game...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grop had a good game. If not for 3 drops by Jennings, he'd have been almost perfect.

Jennings...WTH? 2 of those balls hit him perfectly and he dropped them. The 3rd was a tougher catch, but come on, he's almost got as many drops this year as catches.

Kittle comes up big again. Seems like 3 weeks ago, someone reminded Shanny that Kittle was still on the team.

After a slow start, Wilson and the running game came on strong. It would be nice to see how the rushing attack would look with him and Mitchell platooning.

Late in the game, why on earth were we calling handoffs to Deebo? Considering his value, the risk of injury at that point makes no sense.

Now that Moore and McGlinchey have been out, does anyone else think the OL has actually gotten better?

Nice to see Bosa and Key play so well. Bosa was getting doubled A LOT, so the rest of the DL had to rush the passer and they came through. Key has been an nice little FA pickup from the raiders, as he's got flexibility to play inside or outside.

CBs...a mixed bag. Thomas is a rookie, and he got picked on again--they kept trying to match him up man/man on the outside and he gave up some big catches despite not being in bad position, and it's nice to see Thomas has stopped getting DPI so much. At least it's some kind of growth for the guy.

We beat a team we should have and that helped us lock up the tiebreakers for the playoffs just in case we lose either or both of the last 2 games. For once, it seems like the team is building up momentum at the right time. Titans on Thursday will be a tough road game...
Hopefull Jaylen Moore comes back better next season, it'll be a plus if he can be at least 'servicable' as at OT. McGlinchey started fading last season.

Yes, the CB's are weak and nothing we can do at this point. I hope we win our first play-off game but with these CB's, it'll require the opponent to turn it over.