• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2024 Thread

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A prima donna?

link wouldn't copy...Jefferson wants to break the bank. Sorry, you're not the missing piece of getting the Vikes to the SB

Rebuild, get a couple of really high draft choices. Build from the bottom up, and it starts in the trenches.

Last edited:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A prima donna?

link wouldn't copy...Jefferson wants to break the bank. Sorry, you're not the missing piece of getting the Vikes to the SB

Rebuild, get a couple of really high draft choices. Build from the bottom up, and it starts in the trenches.

I'm starting to feel like you where I wouldn't care if they traded guys like JJ away anymore. They won't trade him, but I still wouldn't care if they did. I've become pretty disillusioned with the NFL over the last couple of years, this year especially. Tear it to the ground and do a legit rebuild, no more of these half measures.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's true, we do.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love how the media is now suddenly slobbering over Cousins after bagging on him at every turn for 6 years straight now that it's looking like he might actually leave the team this time lol

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I'd be okay with it. Anything to end the stupid rumors about the Vikes supposedly trading witht the Bears for #1, or furthur speculation about Kirk. I'm ready to move on from all that, nor do I want some 2nd or 3rd rounder and hoping they work out.

Is there a good chance this wouldn't work out? Yes. That being said, I haven't felt like the Vikings have taken a genuine try at finding a real franchise QB since Daunte Culpepper in 1999. I don't count the T-Jax and Ponder attempts, because I distinctly recall no Vikings fans being confident in those moves ever panning out, as they were huge reaches. They aren't getting a top 5+ pick by sucking because ownership refuses to allow them to get that bad, so it's either trade for it, or continue hoping to find a diamond in the rough and signing other teams's leftovers for another 20 years. I'm over that approach and am ready for them to try going all out for a change

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with it. Anything to end the stupid rumors about the Vikes supposedly trading witht the Bears for #1, or furthur speculation about Kirk. I'm ready to move on from all that, nor do I want some 2nd or 3rd rounder and hoping they work out.

Is there a good chance this wouldn't work out? Yes. That being said, I haven't felt like the Vikings have taken a genuine try at finding a real franchise QB since Daunte Culpepper in 1999. I don't count the T-Jax and Ponder attempts, because I distinctly recall no Vikings fans being confident in those moves ever panning out, as they were huge reaches. They aren't getting a top 5+ pick by sucking because ownership refuses to allow them to get that bad, so it's either trade for it, or continue hoping to find a diamond in the rough and signing other teams's leftovers for another 20 years. I'm over that approach and am ready for them to try going all out for a change
I don't mind them going all out, but that's the future being traded away for a QB that will most likely be there at 11. That would make the Hershel trade look good.

This team has so many holes to fill that if they went with best player available, they'd come out better in the long run. If they went that route, I'm hoping best available is linemen.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind them going all out, but that's the future being traded away for a QB that will most likely be there at 11. That would make the Hershel trade look good.

This team has so many holes to fill that if they went with best player available, they'd come out better in the long run. If they went that route, I'm hoping best available is linemen.

I have very little confidence in the current regime's ability to draft well regardless of what they do, tbh

Imagine if they had just lost a few more games in a year that was lost early on with the Cousins injury anyway, what a different conversation we might be having right now. *sigh*

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised, he wasn't very effective last year.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was time to move on, especially with what falcons paid him
and at his age, I think more injuries are likely to occur...seems like they come in waves as you get older.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold for bridge, meh

But it's to be expected, I like for MN to be aggressive this year in the draft to get a Qb, i was expecting that anyways, but

I would prefer taking a step back in 24 and try to get our QB then keep it together with cousins