• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2024 Thread

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look what Walters Football has us taking at pick 11. Kiss of death for both the Vikes and the player.

NFL Team Logo for Vikings Minnesota Vikings: Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Image for Clem

Brian Flores has done a great job of improving Minnesota’s defense, but the secondary still needs a lot of work.

Nate Wiggins is a tall cornerback with plus athleticism and quickness.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look what Walters Football has us taking at pick 11. Kiss of death for both the Vikes and the player.

NFL Team Logo for VikingsMinnesota Vikings: Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Image for Clem

Brian Flores has done a great job of improving Minnesota’s defense, but the secondary still needs a lot of work.

Nate Wiggins is a tall cornerback with plus athleticism and quickness.

When was the last time the Vikings even drafted a decent CB, period? Trae Waynes was alright for awhile, that was back in 2015. Xxavier Rhodes from 2013? Lol

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total rebuild and trade Jefferson?

Link won't copy, check out bleacherreport

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total rebuild and trade Jefferson?

Link won't copy, check out bleacherreport

Justin Jefferson isn't getting traded, nor would it make sense to. Not even for a total rebuild. He's an elite talent that looks to be a possible great of a generation, only 24 years old, plays a position known for decent longevity, and has expressed no desire to leave the team. That's exactly the type of guy you want to have to build a team with. If any of those factors didn't line up, he'd be expendable, but zero chance they don't sign him long-term given that they do line up.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to let Kirk Cousins walk. Dude is out there talking about how great he thinks Taylor Swift is for the league. I don't care if he was talking just for the sake of it, miss me with that nonsense.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to let Kirk Cousins walk. Dude is out there talking about how great he thinks Taylor Swift is for the league. I don't care if he was talking just for the sake of it, miss me with that nonsense.
If you let Cousins walk, just what is the plan at QB?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you let Cousins walk, just what is the plan at QB?

They need to let Cousins walk, focus on having a good draft, and accept that a legit rebuild is going to require them accepting that they'll suck for 2 or 3 years. I'm over the "competative rebuild" concept the current ownership has been trying to force. It's simply not working.

The alternative is to have another 2 or 3 years of 7 to 11 win seasons where they miss the playoffs or are one and done in the playoffs. We've been shown that this formula won't work for 6 years now. Like I said, I'm just over it.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to let Cousins walk, focus on having a good draft, and accept that a legit rebuild is going to require them accepting that they'll suck for 2 or 3 years. I'm over the "competative rebuild" concept the current ownership has been trying to force. It's simply not working.

The alternative is to have another 2 or 3 years of 7 to 11 win seasons where they miss the playoffs or are one and done in the playoffs. We've been shown that this formula won't work for 6 years now. Like I said, I'm just over it.
If they draft a QB, you just know it will be the wrong one.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a QB, you just know it will be the wrong one.

Yeah. Honestly I'm not sold on Kweski or OKC, either. I have a feeling we're in for some rough years ahead regardless of what happens with the QB situation. At least if they draft a QB, I can spend a season or two deluding myself into hoping he might actually turn out to be good someday, whereas if they go CB we all already know they'll be a total bust.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no.

and I've seen similar trades going after the LSU QB. Too many holes on this team to give up all those draft picks for an unkown commodity.

Although, it's not like they get value from the draft.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports out there that Cousins is looking for a 2yr, 90M (45M/yr), fully guaranteed deal.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't object to Cousins back on a team friendly deal, 2 years 45 millions guaranteed

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Seems like there's roughly a 0% chance Cousins comes back now. Can't say I care anymore. Say what you want, but all we ever got out of signing him were the frutrating, never ending cycle of middling seasons that Washington fans promised was headed our way back when the Vikings signed him. I've been among the bigger defenders of Cousins and his time in Minnesota, but yeah, I'm done too now.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team was a resigning of Cousins away from a Super Bowl contender I would say bring him back, no matter the price, but it's not and I like Kirk, IMO he's never been the problem but it makes no sense to spend that much of the cap on a QB of a 8-9 or 7-10 type team, save the money, bring in a bridge QB, draft a replacement and resign JJ and Darisaw.