• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
So what the consensus here?
Sanchez look like the best option out there for the Vikes?

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Vikings don't sign a quarterback this weekend, reinforcements could be on the way. Taylor Heinicke, who needed surgery to repair a severed tendon in his left foot after slicing it while trying to kick in a door, should be fully recovered in three weeks. The addition of Heinicke -- who made the Vikings' roster as a third quarterback last year and might have challenged Shaun Hill for the No. 2 job behind Teddy Bridgewater had he not been hurt -- could provide a boost to the Vikings' quarterback situation, which was thrown into disarray by Bridgewater's torn ACL and dislocated left knee on Tuesday.

I feel so much better now:rolleyes2:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is far from perfect and we gave up a lot

But it's a move that gives us a shot

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is far from perfect and we gave up a lot

But it's a move that gives us a shot

Eagles fan here.
Bradford is finally healthy and could provide value as a competent field manager.

We basically traded a 2nd, Foles, and $11M for a 2017 1st and 2018 4th.
If Minnesota makes the playoffs, it's a win-win for both sides.
Teddy may need 2 years to fully recover, so you have your stop-gap.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round is a high price to pay for a one to two year filler unless the Vikes think this gives them a chance to win it all. To just make the playoffs, he isn't worth the price.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round is a high price to pay for a one to two year filler unless the Vikes think this gives them a chance to win it all. To just make the playoffs, he isn't worth the price.
It's a stupid trade. Vikes have no shot at a Super Bowl with this collection of receivers. Should have just rode the year out and hoped for the best. Bad year means we land a good draft pick, and we could habe then flipped the high pick for a solid QB if it looked like Teddy wouldn't be ready.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I think it's a great move. IMO they can definitely win with these receivers, tight ends and running back.
Bradford should do very well here, he doesn't have to put the team on his shoulders. Just don't do anything to lose, and let AP and the defense do their thing. My excitement level just went way up again!!

It was a bit pricey, but the Vikes were in a desperate situation and had no leverage really.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great move. IMO they can definitely win with these receivers, tight ends and running back.
Bradford should do very well here, he doesn't have to put the team on his shoulders. Just don't do anything to lose, and let AP and the defense do their thing. My excitement level just went way up again!!

It was a bit pricey, but the Vikes were in a desperate situation and had no leverage really.

You don't waste the last few years of AP's career going 6-10 to 8-8. They had to do something and Bradford played pretty well in Philly last season.

65%, 266ypg, 7ypa, 19 TD's, 14 INT's, and an 86.4 PR.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
You don't waste the last few years of AP's career going 6-10 to 8-8. They had to do something and Bradford played pretty well in Philly last season.

65%, 266ypg, 7ypa, 19 TD's, 14 INT's, and an 86.4 PR.

Exactly, I agree 100%.
They have the team in place, just needed a capable qb. Bradford is plenty capable of getting it done.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I agree 100%.
They have the team in place, just needed a capable qb. Bradford is plenty capable of getting it done.

Sanchez was the likely candidate for Dallas (they need a backup for the kid) and Minnesota when it sounded like he was getting released but this was a solid move. Bradford is better and gets re-united with AP. It wouldn't surprise me at all if AP told management he thought getting Bradford would be a solid move.

Sure, the price seems high now but he's likely the starter for the next 2 seasons and he gives them a better option than Shaun Hill. Having said that, I'd start Hill for the first few games to let Bradford learn the offense.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Sanchez was the likely candidate for Dallas (they need a backup for the kid) and Minnesota when it sounded like he was getting released but this was a solid move. Bradford is better and gets re-united with AP. It wouldn't surprise me at all if AP told management he thought getting Bradford would be a solid move.

Sure, the price seems high now but he's likely the starter for the next 2 seasons and he gives them a better option than Shaun Hill. Having said that, I'd start Hill for the first few games to let Bradford learn the offense.

I would start Hill as well, for week 1 at least.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about the trade for Bradford, guys? Especially you,@Win TWINS!!!

Pretty much been summed up in everyone else's comments. Seemed pricey, but there is no blueprint for losing your starting QB less than 2 weeks before the start of the season.

Reunited with Shurmer, so that should ease the transition for him

Still start Hill the 1st game, maybe as many as 3. Short hook, though... can't fall too far behind GB and Carolina.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:scratch:

huh?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best the Vikes could do? This was nothing more than a "manage the crisis deal" IMO. Sorry Vikes fans, this shows no front office vision. I would have taken a far more aggressive chance here.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best the Vikes could do? This was nothing more than a "manage the crisis deal" IMO. Sorry Vikes fans, this shows no front office vision. I would have taken a far more aggressive chance here.
What was available?