• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game 1 somewhat similar to game 1 last year, big difference this time we won. D should keep us in a lot of games, O-line didn't allow a sack which is nice but not good enough in run blocking. Blair Walsh better get his shit together and quick. Good road win.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that finds the outrage over Walsh a little over the top? Sure he missed a couple on Sunday that he should have made but he also nailed four field goals and accounted for basically half our points. Maybe people should be paying more attention to the fact that AP only rushed for a whopping 31 yards. Or maybe that Diggs and Rudy were the only guys that seemed to catch any passes and the defense scored all the TD’s. The QB situation still needs to shake out and they are trying to make it work and I get that. But once again, am I the only one that gets that rather than joining a lynch mob to crucify Walsh?

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that finds the outrage over Walsh a little over the top? Sure he missed a couple on Sunday that he should have made but he also nailed four field goals and accounted for basically half our points. Maybe people should be paying more attention to the fact that AP only rushed for a whopping 31 yards. Or maybe that Diggs and Rudy were the only guys that seemed to catch any passes and the defense scored all the TD’s. The QB situation still needs to shake out and they are trying to make it work and I get that. But once again, am I the only one that gets that rather than joining a lynch mob to crucify Walsh?

I can't say that I think Walsh is the only one getting criticism after that game. The running game has been roundly trashed as well and the QB situation is the most discussed issue since even before Teddy got hurt. Throw in the lack of TD's by the offense since the end of the last regular season as a big talker this week as well.

Walsh does deserve criticism. Not for the 56-yarder missed, but for the 37-yarder and the XP missed. When you have high expectations, you can't leave 4 points on the field like that. At least not against good teams. Is there cause for concern? Sure. But I also think the team is smart enough to realize that kickers can go through valleys once in awhile. I always point back to when the Packers stuck with Crosby a few years ago after he had a half-season stretch where he missed like 12 FG's. Blair's 2014 was bad, but he rebounded nicely last year until "the kick." How this year goes is obviously yet to be determined, but the start wasn't necessarily encouraging.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say that I think Walsh is the only one getting criticism after that game. The running game has been roundly trashed as well and the QB situation is the most discussed issue since even before Teddy got hurt. Throw in the lack of TD's by the offense since the end of the last regular season as a big talker this week as well.

Walsh does deserve criticism. Not for the 56-yarder missed, but for the 37-yarder and the XP missed. When you have high expectations, you can't leave 4 points on the field like that. At least not against good teams. Is there cause for concern? Sure. But I also think the team is smart enough to realize that kickers can go through valleys once in awhile. I always point back to when the Packers stuck with Crosby a few years ago after he had a half-season stretch where he missed like 12 FG's. Blair's 2014 was bad, but he rebounded nicely last year until "the kick." How this year goes is obviously yet to be determined, but the start wasn't necessarily encouraging.

I agree with that. I just think that the outrage over Walsh has been so over the top that it seems to be all I hear about lately. It's just plain ridiculous given all of the other concerning variables that you and I just mentioned. That's all I'm saying. Yes, bad on Walsh for missing a couple that he should have made but hey, he did also nail a few so take it easy.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

people are still pissed at that miss last year that cost the team a hard fought victory. The way you quell those emotions is come out and make people forget, missing 2 FGS and f-in extra point brings up the bad feelings

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I agree with that. I just think that the outrage over Walsh has been so over the top that it seems to be all I hear about lately. It's just plain ridiculous given all of the other concerning variables that you and I just mentioned. That's all I'm saying. Yes, bad on Walsh for missing a couple that he should have made but hey, he did also nail a few so take it easy.

I'm not hating on Walsh yet, but he can't make 66% on field goal tries and expect to keep his job.
I don't know if it's the holder or not, he needs to speak up if it is, or he'll be looking for work.
There will be more times that the 3 points is the difference between winning and losing. How much more will the team take?

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COTDAMIT!

Fran is still living...bet he could still scramble for a bucktwentyfive on a given Sunday. Someone give him a call for advice.

Fran failed when it mattered most.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hating on Walsh yet, but he can't make 66% on field goal tries and expect to keep his job.
I don't know if it's the holder or not, he needs to speak up if it is, or he'll be looking for work.
There will be more times that the 3 points is the difference between winning and losing. How much more will the team take?

Just one game and the first one of the season at that. I know wind was a factor too but still no excuse for a couple of those. But hey, maybe if we can get a damn running game going, he won't have to try from 56 damn yards away right?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fran failed when it mattered most.

Maybe you should go and take a shit in his shoes then and see what Fran says tough guy...

I actually lived and breathed those four SB losses, but dam was he nimble on his feet, which was most of the time. Horrible passer, but a fine game manager.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should go and take a shit in his shoes then and see what Fran says tough guy...

I actually lived and breathed those four SB losses, but dam was he nimble on his feet, which was most of the time. Horrible passer, but a fine game manager.

Fuck you, dick wad. You think you're the only one alive that watched those games? Fran's play in those three SB loses was far from stellar. Not once during those games did you feel like he could put together drives to win the game.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck you, dick wad. You think you're the only one alive that watched those games? Fran's play in those three SB loses was far from stellar. Not once during those games did you feel like he could put together drives to win the game.

Want sum cheese with that whine?

Hey, you gooberdicks! Knock it off.
Old_14046c_296700.gif

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Just one game and the first one of the season at that. I know wind was a factor too but still no excuse for a couple of those. But hey, maybe if we can get a damn running game going, he won't have to try from 56 damn yards away right?

Yeah, the running game will come when AP gets his sea legs again. It took him 2 or 3 weeks last season to get going as well. Plus now with Hill out they can started chucking the ball downfield and keep the defenses honest.
8 in the box is tough to run on...even if you're AP.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because no one really won, right?