• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Urban Meyer

When will Urban Meyer coach again?

• Sometime way in the future

• He'll never coach again

• Tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed Urban Meyer on that wall!

But seriously he should've fired Zach. Prob cost him his job and a little legacy

But meh....it's all about the title and the BIG championships and making Michigan hold the pocket

So yes I will kick him some excuses with a side of denial
If the reports were concrete I'd have ripped him for what went on, but seems pretty clear the last one who wanted Zach fired was his alleged victim. and what good would firing him have done? Now they have no money AND he is home to spend more time with her (if he's fired).

But I do believe he should have been let go....just the idea he supported spousal abuse seems like a reach. He's guilty of helping out Earle Bruce

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the reports were concrete I'd have ripped him for what went on, but seems pretty clear the last one who wanted Zach fired was his alleged victim. and what good would firing him have done? Now they have no money AND he is home to spend more time with her (if he's fired).

But I do believe he should have been let go....just the idea he supported spousal abuse seems like a reach. He's guilty of helping out Earle Bruce
Well they’ve been divorced/separated for a while so....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Same old Hammer.:blah::blah::blah: When you gonna learn to stop lumping every Ohio State fan into the same category?

I can't speak for any other Buckeye fans. I'm an Ohio State fan, not an Urban Meyer fan & have never defended him. And when the details of Z. Smith were made public I was one of the few fans (maybe the only one) that wanted Meyer fired immediately for his awful judgement on handling everything.

Thankful for what he accomplished in Columbus but not sorry to see him gone.

Urbs is an elite coach. One of few that rise to the top for each generation of college football. Keeping Zach Smith gainfully employed didn't win games for Urbs at Florida, or Ohio St.
Keeping Zach Smith employed simply helped him sleep better at night knowing he'd have nothing to explain to his mentor and Zach's grand-pappy Earl Bruce.

Many doing the complaining about him keeping Zach Smith on staff would do the same for someone who was like their own son. He kept Zach employed until he no longer could. The straw that broke the camel's back, if you will.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urbs is an elite coach. One of few that rise to the top for each generation of college football. Keeping Zach Smith gainfully employed didn't win games for Urbs at Florida, or Ohio St.
Keeping Zach Smith employed simply helped him sleep better at night knowing he'd have nothing to explain to his mentor and Zach's grand-pappy Earl Bruce.

Many doing the complaining about him keeping Zach Smith on staff would do the same for someone who was like their own son. He kept Zach employed until he no longer could. The straw that broke the camel's back, if you will.
He definitely should have let him go earlier in light of all of the other things that came up outside of his home issues. But your last part is probably right, especially considering how murky her claims wound up being in the end.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win, baby!

And yeah, he should have fired Zach earlier. The second he finally did, and promoted White Lightning, we improved at the WR coach position.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more coaching for Urban, he will enjoy his cushy job as an analyst for Fox Sports and teaching leadership (or whatever) at "The Ohio State Univ".

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad it isn't another college team.......

for the record, gene smith needs to go........... HE has caused enough damage........