• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the superstars right now? Vote and discuss, if you are so inclined

Who are the superstars right now?

• Jokic

• Embiid

• Giannis

• LeBron

• Durant

• Curry

• Luka

• Shai GA

• Tatum

• Butler

• A Davis

• Kawhi

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these are fascinating...one dude has Durant as a superstar but not LeBron

The logic behind that must be very strange, although most likely it's just LeBron hate lol

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, this is why I put up the poll, to see how people think of it. Everyone does it differently, interesting to see. You have a tight definition, others here are broader.

Curious why Luka (no rings, no MVPs, pretty young) and Giannis make the cut but not someone like Jokic for you.

No one is going 10-20 though. The max seems to be 8-9 for the broader definitions, haven't looked at every vote closely
I might catch part of a game or two every season, so my opinion was partially based on the games I did watch, he reminded me of a Bird type of player, I have seen his mug in different articles on ESPN, so it was a complete blind guess. I put zero research behind it. And even 8-9 guys is to many to be superstars, when having that discussion you should be talking about the GOAT, either you are the best of the best or you are not, and that has to be 1 or 2 people at most, if you are outside of that then you are a star.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might catch part of a game or two every season, so my opinion was partially based on the games I did watch, he reminded me of a Bird type of player, I have seen his mug in different articles on ESPN, so it was a complete blind guess. I put zero research behind it. And even 8-9 guys is to many to be superstars, when having that discussion you should be talking about the GOAT, either you are the best of the best or you are not, and that has to be 1 or 2 people at most, if you are outside of that then you are a star.

Interesting take. You say that to be a superstar, a player has to be in the GOAT convo. Yet, you picked Luka, who is nowhere near that convo, but not Lebron who many think has passed MJ as GOAT.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take. You say that to be a superstar, a player has to be in the GOAT convo. Yet, you picked Luka, who is nowhere near that convo, but not Lebron who many think has passed MJ as GOAT.

It's not interesting at all, it's clear bias.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when he said he doesn’t watch basketball his opinion was thrown out the window lol

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you missed the part where I am not a basketball fan, that might, at most, catch a few minutes of a game or two a year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PPhan with the classic homer-y and LeBron-hating list

Butler, Durant, Shai, Kawhi are superstars, LeBron, Tatum, and Luka aren't? Love to hear that logic...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kinda disqualified yourself from the conversation if you only watch 2 games a year.

There are 30 teams that play 82 games each.

That’s 2,460 games.

…..and you only watched 2?

That doesn’t even include the playoffs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SGA only has 11 votes.

Ah, I see this is a shaking my fist at the clouds kinda thread….lol
This thread has delivered pretty well I think...plenty of old man yelling at clouds voters but also plenty of fuck those old guys they're done voters, and then random mixes of the 2. You can see the homers and LeBron haters and all the rest.

No wrong answers though, 'superstar' has no fixed definition, the fun is the arguing

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kinda disqualified yourself from the conversation if you only watch 2 games a year.

That’s 2,460 games.

True, but that's a useful perspective too. Who are the stars so big that even people who barely watch think they are the superstars? That counts for something.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that's a useful perspective too. Who are the stars so big that even people who barely watch think they are the superstars? That counts for something.
That’s just name recognition.

Could be from endorsements, Nike commercials etc.

Lots of people know who Venus Williams is because of past greatness, current commercials, recent movie.

She’s still the 487th ranked tennis player.

So, anyone coming in here declaring her the GOAT or a current Superstar would be dismissed with the quicks.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just name recognition.

Could be from endorsements, Nike commercials etc.

Lots of people know who Venus Williams is because of past greatness, current commercials, recent movie.

She’s still the 487th ranked tennis player.

So, anyone coming in here declaring her the GOAT or a current Superstar would be dismissed with the quicks.
Well calling Venus GOAT is silly no matter how much tennis you watch. I agree that’s an example of fame due to past greatness. If someone voted for Michael Jordan as a superstar in this thread that would be similar to what you’re saying.

To me fame is a huge factor in this thread, but not the only one.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well calling Venus GOAT is silly no matter how much tennis you watch. I agree that’s an example of fame due to past greatness. If someone voted for Michael Jordan as a superstar in this thread that would be similar to what you’re saying.

To me fame is a huge factor in this thread, but not the only one.
But, that’s exactly my point in regards to that poster.

Saying you have to be in the GOAT category to be a superstar, yet claiming Luka is a Superstar and Bron isn’t, implies Luka is a GOAT.

That’s just as absurd as making that claim about Venus.

Luka is awesome.

He’s been to the WCF once.

At least Venus has 7 singles grand slams and 14 doubles.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s 2,460 games.

I agree, I wasn’t trying to be an expert but I was called out for my response so I defended it. I clearly am anything but an expert. Now if we are talking football or hockey I’m in that discussion.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how you omitted Anthony Edwards.
Love how you omitted LeBron James

I did have a choice of Someone Else which you used for its purpose. I didn't include Ja or Wemby or others either. Edwards is on the track, maybe even soon, but it's a small minority view right now that you only hold because you're a Twolves fan. And that's fine, no wrong answers