• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Poll...

Do you still believe that Washington is one of the more desirable destinations for HC candidates?

• YES

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it because, as stated many times before, I'm not a fan (fanatic)!!
I support and/or follow this team because it's the more rationale thing to do as a fully functional adult human being. The posts offer humor simply because most are made by self-proclaimed "fans" (fanatics) who you've correctly identified as those who "can't judge rationally anymore!"
Agreed and that sums up my fan approach as well. I am sure this will offend some folks here, but....

I am not going to get excited about every draft pick.

I am not going to rubber stamp every free agent move.

I am not going celebrate every coaching hire.

I am a logical fan, not an emotional fan.

There are generally a little of each in every fanbase and it does lead to contention obviously.

What I am not going to do is refuse to form an opinion and play Switzerland and sing the praises of harris and peters. Then swoop in and claim I knew all along what happened is what I thought.

I like Harris...i like peters...I am warming up Quinn. I think this trio gives us the best chance of stability and success for the last 25 years.

They have my support, but I still reserve the right to have a brain.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and that sums up my fan approach as well. I am sure this will offend some folks here, but....

I am not going to get excited about every draft pick.

I am not going to rubber stamp every free agent move.

I am not going celebrate every coaching hire.

I am a logical fan, not an emotional fan.

There are generally a little of each in every fanbase and it does lead to contention obviously.

What I am not going to do is refuse to form an opinion and play Switzerland and sing the praises of harris and peters. Then swoop in and claim I knew all along what happened is what I thought.

I like Harris...i like peters...I am warming up Quinn. I think this trio gives us the best chance of stability and success for the last 25 years.

They have my support, but I still reserve the right to have a brain.
Pretty much sums it up for me also.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much sums it up for me also.
I want this to work out...i really do.

I will say this...this is the most optimistic I have been in 2 decades.
I think you made this point, but we have to learn to win again. That means the fans not assuming the worst each offsesson, each draft pick, and each game.

It will take time.

I am guilty of this and need to change my mind set.

Kinda like battered dog syndrome. They act afraid and nervously because they got used to being treated so poorly.

I am not making light of animal abuse because it's real, I simply don't know what another example would be.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a couple of these posts are kind of pompous. Some here think if you don't share their opinion you are a homer.

Otherwise I think we would all decide who they like or don't like as a player, coach, the front office etc. It only makes sense that we aren't all going to agree on everything.

I stated before he was hired that I liked Quinn, knowing it was going to go over like a fart in church. I am not excited to hear that Kelly is being considered for the OC job. I would rather they hire one of the Shanahan guys from San Fran or LA. If Kelly is hired I will root for him and the team to do well.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange that Quinn got the job while Vrabel remains unemployed. My guess is he said thanks but no thanks. Maybe the rumors of Andy Reid retiring are true, or true enough to give potential HCs a thought.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrabel wants personnel control and i'm fairly confident that besides KC/LAC everyone else in the NFL ownership has shut the door on the coach centric model.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's me but if memory serves me well, only a week or two has passed since there was a lot of rejoicing because it seemed as if so many thought that it was T.H.E. most desirable coaching destination!
It ain't you, homey. Motor scooters were getting woodies as they marveled over a misdirection play by Slovick. Or were amazed by another first down from Johnson's offense. All those Twitter accounts who work for Washington, posters here. It was a hoedown n hootenanny especially during wildcard weekend. Hell had Hou or Det made it to the championship game. An orgy might've went down. Dudes would've been like, fuck my wife or my girlfriend. She'll take 1 or 2 for the team.

Now it's like the Skins blew a 28 point going into the 4th quarter for the 2nd week in a row up in this camp.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so predictable.

Far as keeping EB. That seems a little dicey to me. The Skins were last I heard in the NFL rushing att n yards. Yeah, it's a passing league n all, but damn. And what's funny is when Howell was leading the NFL in TDs, yards in att or whatever. WTF was he throwing to! It was all counterfeit. Though I wouldn't be shocked if they did retain him. Would that be the right move? I have no fuckin idea. I'm just gonna do what I do every year. Hope for positive shit, prepare for negative shit. That's how you gotta roll when you love something/someone you can't fuckin stand.