• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Poll...

Do you still believe that Washington is one of the more desirable destinations for HC candidates?

• YES

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was if we were a desirable location for head coaching candidates.

The answer at this point is no.

Our good friend Dean believes we are because of an alleged ranking of HC locations.

No clue where this ranking came from and he won't say.

off the top of my head i think it was CBS

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson also withdrew like Slowik. He wanted to remain with the Lions instead of tackling a rebuild. Its obvious Johnson was the first choice like i said. I agree with you that if Quinn was the 2nd choice, he should be the HC right now. I don't understand the wait. It was a widely spread opinion that we were the 2nd best job out their b/c of the draft picks and cap room. It wasn't just the PR office like eaglesnut said. IMO other than JH and MAc, not really impressed with the other new HC's.

I just read the BB does not want full control. Is this true?
You answered your own question.

It's a rebuild and that scares off some candidates.

My guess is that it's an attractive GM job due to the reasons you mentioned. For a coach, probably not.

I have no clue why it is taking so long. My guess is that there were curveballs they didn't anticipate.

I would like a hire soon so that the coach can assemble the staff and Peters can build the front office.

Apparently the HC is the first domino.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You answered your own question.

It's a rebuild and that scares off some candidates.

My guess is that it's an attractive GM job due to the reasons you mentioned. For a coach, probably not.

I have no clue why it is taking so long. My guess is that there were curveballs they didn't anticipate.

I would like a hire soon so that the coach can assemble the staff and Peters can build the front office.

Apparently the HC is the first domino.

well the first curve ball was Johnson, then Adam Shefty is saying Mac was our 2nd choice and he was on a flight to Seattle.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, enlighten us.

Again, common sense says the game plan wasn't to interview foe 3 weeks, be the last opening, and then regroup.

If it was the plan...heaven help us.
OK. I will. Dean got his opinion from beat writers and bloggers. Sound familiar?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the first curve ball was Johnson, then Adam Shefty is saying Mac was our 2nd choice and he was on a flight to Seattle.
I would agree with that line of thinking.

So they are probably trying to confirm who is candidate #3 or #4 or whatever.

Maybe they are looking in the college ranks?
Maybe a Super Bowl coach has their eye?

Could be a lot of things. My guess is that if we don't have a HC announced in 24 hours, then the team is hesitant to hire Quinn, weaver, and glenn.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I will. Dean got his opinion from beat writers and bloggers. Sound familiar?
You are conflating the issues and you know it.

A team ranking is based off of personal opinion only. There is no real truth to sports rankings unless data driven. It is impossible to validate and takes a number of factors into play for most sports rankings.

Adam scheftner is a credible source who is the lead NFL analyst for the largest sports network in the world. He has numerous contacts in the league and is considered an expert.

If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.

There again, I am sure the search has gone perfectly and we should not question the leader right?

What was I thinking?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that line of thinking.

So they are probably trying to confirm who is candidate #3 or #4 or whatever.

Maybe they are looking in the college ranks?
Maybe a Super Bowl coach has their eye?

Could be a lot of things. My guess is that if we don't have a HC announced in 24 hours, then the team is hesitant to hire Quinn, weaver, and glenn.

agreed. I thought a top 3 list would have been put together after the Ravens and Lions lost on Sunday.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. I thought a top 3 list would have been put together after the Ravens and Lions lost on Sunday.
Makes sense.

I am guessing peters had candidates in mind when he interviewed. Maybe not?

I would also guess that at the start, a leader board would have been established with some type of ranking or preference. It was probably updated after round 1 of interviews.

These are guesses. The bottom line is I hope the search was not planned as follows:

Cast a wide net for 3 weeks and interview
Don't make any selections
Purposely be the last opening
Regroup after 3 weeks

I would hope not but maybe it is going according to plan.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are conflating the issues and you know it.

A team ranking is based off of personal opinion only. There is no real truth to sports rankings unless data driven. It is impossible to validate and takes a number of factors into play for most sports rankings.

Adam scheftner is a credible source who is the lead NFL analyst for the largest sports network in the world. He has numerous contacts in the league and is considered an expert.

If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.

There again, I am sure the search has gone perfectly and we should not question the leader right?

What was I thinking?
Dude, you dont need to help me. Do I need to point out all of the claims Sheftner has made over the years about this team that were inaccurate?

I never said the search was going perfect. I said we dont know. You claim Dean puts words into your mouth yet you are doing the same thing with me. All I'm saying is you, we, have no idea what Peters' plans are or who his first choice is or was for HC. But you are losing your shit because one coach, who was supposed to be a high target for us according to the beat reporters, signed with another team. That is ALL that has happened so far. And it is based on then speculation that MacDonald was a highly sought candidate by Peters.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense.

I am guessing peters had candidates in mind when he interviewed. Maybe not?

I would also guess that at the start, a leader board would have been established with some type of ranking or preference. It was probably updated after round 1 of interviews.

These are guesses. The bottom line is I hope the search was not planned as follows:

Cast a wide net for 3 weeks and interview
Don't make any selections
Purposely be the last opening
Regroup after 3 weeks

I would hope not but maybe it is going according to plan.

Im curious if there was an offer made to Mac on 1/29 and he turned us down. Or he got no offer from us and took Seattle's first offer. Its obvious that Quinn never got an offer. I dont think he would turn us down or i could be wrong on that. Speculation.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious if there was an offer made to Mac on 1/29 and he turned us down. Or he got no offer from us and took Seattle's first offer. Its obvious that Quinn never got an offer. I dont think he would turn us down or i could be wrong on that. Speculation.
My guess is there have been no offers extended yet to anyone. If I had to bet, I would say that Quinn will be named HC either today or tomorrow. If not, there will be no announcements until after the SB (unwritten league rule, no major announcements during SB week).

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you dont need to help me. Do I need to point out all of the claims Sheftner has made over the years about this team that were inaccurate?

I never said the search was going perfect. I said we dont know. You claim Dean puts words into your mouth yet you are doing the same thing with me. All I'm saying is you, we, have no idea what Peters' plans are or who his first choice is or was for HC. But you are losing your shit because one coach, who was supposed to be a high target for us according to the beat reporters, signed with another team. That is ALL that has happened so far. And it is based on then speculation that MacDonald was a highly sought candidate by Peters.
Lol..I am not losing it.

I am actually joking around about it. My last post in Stys email proved that. I got numerous reactions finding it humorous..including you.

Yes, scheftner has been wrong, but he is the most reliable source in the nfl. Can you name a better one?

We don't know what is going on but what we do know is that we are last to have an opening and candidates have returned to their teams instead of wanting to move forward with us in the process.

And yes..dude, I don't need you to lecture me. Thanks for the offer though.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is there have been no offers extended yet to anyone. If I had to bet, I would say that Quinn will be named HC either today or tomorrow. If not, there will be no announcements until after the SB (unwritten league rule, no major announcements during SB week).

makes sense. Im just speculating but I think they were going to offer the job to Johnson when they were on the plane coming to Detroit. Him backing out screwed them up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn hired

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well guys there are good points to this job and bad ones . facilities are urine , a young coach might not want to be a part of a rebuild because they may feel they will only get one shot at this . . we have cap space and draft picks and a young GM that will hopefully make good calls and allow the new HC a chance to build the team in a realistic manner without outliers being passed off as norms

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well guys there are good points to this job and bad ones . facilities are urine , a young coach might not want to be a part of a rebuild because they may feel they will only get one shot at this . . we have cap space and draft picks and a young GM that will hopefully make good calls and allow the new HC a chance to build the team in a realistic manner without outliers being passed off as norms
Exactly!!
Like it or not, saying that the Snyder Era is over doesn't make it so! Truth is, until there are substantial changes made that are different in presentation and result this is still a Dan Snyder production.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you still believe that Washington is one of the more desirable destinations for head coach candidates? WHY??
It seems that once again reality has smacked Skins fans upside the head. Telling them to snap outta it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that once again reality has smacked Skins fans upside the head. Telling them to snap outta it.
When I was a younger man, I would entertain myself on Valentines day by getting a lunch going to popular places where gifts are sold and watching the stream of men filing through with pained, clearly unhappy looks on their faces as they purchased last minute gifts for whomever they wanted to make temporarily happy!That shit was/is hilarious!!
Now, in the comfort of my home, I read the posts on this board in order to get the same result.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a younger man, I would entertain myself on Valentines day by getting a lunch going to popular places where gifts are sold and watching the stream of men filing through with pained, clearly unhappy looks on their faces as they purchased last minute gifts for whomever they wanted to make temporarily happy!That shit was/is hilarious!!
Now, in the comfort of my home, I read the posts on this board in order to get the same result.
If you say it enough, you will soon start to believe it. We, the fan base, have been so traumatized over the last 2 decades, we really can’t judge rationally anymore.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say it enough, you will soon start to believe it. We, the fan base, have been so traumatized over the last 2 decades, we really can’t judge rationally anymore.
I believe it because, as stated many times before, I'm not a fan (fanatic)!!
I support and/or follow this team because it's the more rationale thing to do as a fully functional adult human being. The posts offer humor simply because most are made by self-proclaimed "fans" (fanatics) who you've correctly identified as those who "can't judge rationally anymore!"