• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Title Game: The University of Michigan vs. the University of Washington (NOT the Game Thread)

Who do you predict will win the National Title Game on Monday?

• Doesn't matter...Florida State was robbed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad (extra mustard)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan 27
Washington 19

Sad Futurama GIF

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But effectively? I see it being he comes out for a couple plays, can't go and that's his night. Very least that was a high ankle sprain
He's probably afraid the selection committee will say that without their star RB that they are actually going to place Georgia in the title game.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close to game time.

Line has been a pretty solid 4.5 and 56.5 from the get go.

I fully believe Michigan matches up extremely well against the Huskies, and they could dominate. However, this U Dub team has perfected the art of simply winning.

Michigan is built for grinding teams down and making them quit. This Husky team doesn't quit though.

Washington 26
Michigan 23

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I see it. Michigan is one of the most complete teams in the country. They don't really have many weaknesses. I guess we don't really know if they can win a high scoring game because they never had to.

That said, Washington is better upfront (on both sides of the ball) then people realize. The idea that Michigan is going to physically dominate them just isn't going to happen IMO. They may win the game, I'm picking them to win by the way, but it's not going to be because Washington can't handle their physicality. Washington's best chance IMO is to score quickly and make Michigan play from behind. They have the ability to score quickly as they have the best WR room in college football and nobody is a better offensive play caller than KD. For Michigan, it's all about disrupting UW's timing. If Penix has time, he's going to kill you. You have to make him move his feet and throw on the move.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting worried about Michigan's offense over the past two big games (Ohio and Bama), but then I looked up those team's defense rankings. No wonder Michigan struggled against them at times offensively. Both are ranked in the top 20 teams. Washington is the 94th ranked defense.

So basically, it looks like Washington will have to win in a shootout against the top ranked defense in the nation. I've discounted them all season, so maybe I'm doing it again, but I do like Michigan's odds here.
Huskies defense has faced some tough offenses, something to keep in mind… Michigan’s defensive stats have also benefited by a pretty cake schedule …

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan hasn't faced an offense like Washington, but it's vice versa for the Washington offense.
Michigan specifically built their defense 3 years ago to beat Ohio State. What did Ohio State have? A 1st round QB and 3 NFL wide receivers.
Washington has a much better OL than that Ohio State team, but again we come back to....they haven't seen a defense like Michigan and vice versa for the Michigan defense.
My only concern is Michigan goes into freak out mode like they did with TCU last year and abandon what makes them good early. I don't see that happening this year. This team is laser focused and has been since that TCU game. The DL is just too deep and can throw so many bodies at that Joe Moore Award OL. Their 270 pound center is in for a night.
Michigan wins, Harbaugh rides off into the NFL, Moore gets the big chair, JJ might be coming back if you believe some recent online chatter from insiders, and red and green fans cry endlessly like 3 year olds that it's not fair because they "cheated"

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting worried about Michigan's offense over the past two big games (Ohio and Bama), but then I looked up those team's defense rankings. No wonder Michigan struggled against them at times offensively. Both are ranked in the top 20 teams. Washington is the 94th ranked defense.

So basically, it looks like Washington will have to win in a shootout against the top ranked defense in the nation. I've discounted them all season, so maybe I'm doing it again, but I do like Michigan's odds here.
A shootout favors UW... They want to win in a shootout. Michigan has the top defense, but the best offenses they faced were OSU and Maryland, both quarterbacks threw for their season average, and neither of them are anything close to Penix.

I don't think the Michigan defense is the concern for UW, it's their offense controlling the game and keeping the UW offense sidelined. If UW can get up a couple scores, Michigan is in trouble, if Michigan can not let that happen and sustain those long frustrating drives, it's advantage Michigan.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shootout favors UW... They want to win in a shootout. Michigan has the top defense, but the best offenses they faced were OSU and Maryland, both quarterbacks threw for their season average, and neither of them are anything close to Penix.

I don't think the Michigan defense is the concern for UW, it's their offense controlling the game and keeping the UW offense sidelined. If UW can get up a couple scores, Michigan is in trouble, if Michigan can not let that happen and sustain those long frustrating drives, it's advantage Michigan.
I’m pretty sure that’s what I said.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t read the whole thread. Maybe you said it in another post.
Nope, I actually said it in the post you quoted.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Michigan in a shootout. How can their Oline hold up? Will McCarthy avoid turnovers when having to throw 30+ times? On the flip side, what can Washington do if Michigan take away the deep ball? How will they handle a slow, grind it out type game? Two very good schools and completely different playstyles in a lot of ways.

Hopefully Washington pull it out. That would be a great surprise for the season.

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I actually said it in the post you quoted.
You said Washington will need to win in a shootout against the #1 defense. My whole point was I don’t the the #1 defense is the concern for Washington.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Washington will need to win in a shootout against the #1 defense. My whole point was I don’t the the #1 defense is the concern for Washington.

:noidea:

I’m not sure what we are saying differently here.