• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the superstars right now? Vote and discuss, if you are so inclined

Who are the superstars right now?

• Jokic

• Embiid

• Giannis

• LeBron

• Durant

• Curry

• Luka

• Shai GA

• Tatum

• Butler

• A Davis

• Kawhi

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be semantics

But if you’re a “fan” you definitely know a charismatic all star that is on national tv like 20 times this year

Plus social media

The average human being? Probably not. But a casual basketball fan definitively knows Edwards and probably about 30 other players minimum.

Shit, I’ve watched zero full games this year aside from 2 wolves games I’ve attended and I could name 8 players on every team.

Insane take

That is a fan.

A causal is someone who doesn’t really follow the sport and maybe watches a handful of big games a year. These are you bandwagoners. The type who tune in to watch Caitlin Clark because of the hype. Not because they would ever watch a women’s basketball game otherwise.

That is what I am talking about.

You follow the game. Whether you are watching or not.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fan.

A causal is someone who doesn’t really follow the sport and maybe watches a handful of big games a year. These are you bandwagoners. The type who tune in to watch Caitlin Clark because of the hype. Not because they would ever watch a women’s basketball game otherwise.

I was actually going to make a thread about this the other day about “casual” fans.

Are there varying degrees?

For instance, I could name every professional sports team from every major sport and players from most of them (which I’m not saying is difficult) and I could also name quite a few individual athletes in non-team sports (tennis, golf, etc)

I would say I have a good understanding of all the positions and their role on the team in every sport and also a good understanding of fouls/penalties and general officiating of every sport as well.

However, getting to my point. Some people on here; their knowledge of sports is astounding, whether they are typing out paragraphs of in-depth analysis on players or play calling strategies and schemes or discussing very technical details within their favorite or even other organizations covering everything from coaching and training staff to all the FO stuff like cap and contract numbers.

I guess my question is (for everyone) do you take someone more seriously or respect their opinion on a greater level if they are gifted with more knowledge encapsulating whatever sport is being discussed or can you just as easily have a back and forth with someone that gets the X’s and O’s and not much beyond that??

Sorry this was long winded and all over the place and I know this is the NBA forum but I wanted to know what y’all think if you are able to decipher this rambling lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fan.

But a fan still follow in some capacity. Thats why they are a fan. They casually watch in that they are not tuning in to watch Hornets vs Cavs or some shit. But they will follow big games, or attend their local teams games or check box scores.

But they know the sport, they know the big names. Edwards was in a goddamn movie recently. Does commercials. Was an All Star and plays for one of the top teams in the west. We aint talking Nikeal Alexander Walker here.

TBH theres a better chance that someone who flat out doesnt watch basketball has heard of Anthony Edwards than someone who casually watches being unable to retain such simple info.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But a fan still follow in some capacity. Thats why they are a fan. They casually watch in that they are not tuning in to watch Hornets vs Cavs or some shit. But they will follow big games, or attend their local teams games or check box scores.

But they know the sport, they know the big names. Edwards was in a goddamn movie recently. Does commercials. Was an All Star and plays for one of the top teams in the west. We aint talking Nikeal Alexander Walker here.

TBH theres a better chance that someone who flat out doesnt watch basketball has heard of Anthony Edwards than someone who casually watches being unable to retain such simple info.

We can discuss these semantics another time.

Anthony Edwards is not a superstar.

At least we agree on that.