• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Lemonier making the team unless he plays at or near Brooks' level. Or unless he's one of our top STs guys (which is possible; he has played a lot of STs to date).

I posted the text of the article you were asking about earlier from ESPN Insider. Lemonier's pass rushing skills remind me of Todd Kelly so far

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now we have 32 mill in cap for 2016 and 42 mill in 2017. This is a lot of money for this team do stuff in the next 2 years and this is with Kaps contract. If for some reason we release him u can add another 16+ mill to the cap. We will be players next year in FA class.
NFL's 2016 free agent class could be loaded with stars ... and quarterbacks
Some big names: WR D. Thomas, WR AJ Green, WR J.Jones, WR D. Bryant, DE Houston, Von Miller, DE Ryan Kerrigan, JPP, Aldon Smith, Muhammad Wilkerson, WR Alshon Jeffery,

WR class and Pass Rushers are deep.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As of right now we have 32 mill in cap for 2016 and 42 mill in 2017. This is a lot of money for this team do stuff in the next 2 years and this is with Kaps contract. If for some reason we release him u can add another 16+ mill to the cap. We will be players next year in FA class.
Some big names: WR D. Thomas, WR AJ Green, WR J.Jones, WR D. Bryant, DE Houston, Von Miller, DE Ryan Kerrigan, JPP, Aldon Smith, Muhammad Wilkerson, WR Alshon Jeffery,

After a disastrous offseason, the San Francisco 49ers are going to have a ton of money to rebuild with in 2016 - Yahoo Finance

yep, guess these numbers are about right. Wow, great to have a LOT of cap space but for me, not one to chase the biggest names. Doesn't mean we should avoid ALL free agents, but rather not go after the very highest paid ones.

You almost always overpay for free agents, so the biggest FA's means the biggest overpaying.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a disastrous offseason, the San Francisco 49ers are going to have a ton of money to rebuild with in 2016 - Yahoo Finance

yep, guess these numbers are about right. Wow, great to have a LOT of cap space but for me, not one to chase the biggest names. Doesn't mean we should avoid ALL free agents, but rather not go after the very highest paid ones.

You almost always overpay for free agents, so the biggest FA's means the biggest overpaying.

I can't see the FO spending a king's ransom for a top name WR. I could see them possibly going for one of the defensive players listed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the FO spending a king's ransom for a top name WR. I could see them possibly going for one of the defensive players listed.
I would go for a top name if he hits the market.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what the price tag is going to be and also where the team is at next year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. As crazy at it may sound I feel we will be okay at WR come the next season....for once in a long time. We have to see how our current roster plays out and see what happens during the season to make any decisions.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. As crazy at it may sound I feel we will be okay at WR come the next season....for once in a long time. We have to see how our current roster plays out and see what happens during the season to make any decisions.

Giving WR's big money can come back to haunt a team. Look at Larry Fitzgerald's contract.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I very much doubt it, but we'll see. The one thing going in that direction, though, is that we aren't looking to lose a whole lot of FAs, so we wouldn't be jeopardizing too much in the way of comp picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I very much doubt it, but we'll see. The one thing going in that direction, though, is that we aren't looking to lose a whole lot of FAs, so we wouldn't be jeopardizing too much in the way of comp picks.

The link isn't good so here are the other names beside VD, Boldin, and Aldon..........Guard Alex Boone, kicker Phil Dawson, defensive tackle Ian Williams, and running back Kendall Hunter.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I don't put much stock in what Tomsula says. My impression of him is that he isn't going to put down a player in the media but would rather overhype a player to the media. Not faulting him for that, just makes me question how accurate his media assessments are. Not sure how Lynch will do in coverage, but he just looked much better than Lemonier. Harold isn't going anywhere and unless the team decides to cut ties with Brooks, not sure if there is room left for Lemonier.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, I don't put much stock in what Tomsula says. My impression of him is that he isn't going to put down a player in the media but would rather overhype a player to the media. Not faulting him for that, just makes me question how accurate his media assessments are. Not sure how Lynch will do in coverage, but he just looked much better than Lemonier. Harold isn't going anywhere and unless the team decides to cut ties with Brooks, not sure if there is room left for Lemonier.

yeah i know, Tomsula has to talk positive about all the players.

no doubt Lemonier is on the hot seat, Lynch's ability to apply pressure keeps him ahead. But you never know from 2nd season to the 3rd, Lemonier might show good improvement during Pre-Season? Not he'll jump up to be a good, quality starter, but enough to be a quality back-up.

IF this happens, then there IS the option of trading Brooks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i know, Tomsula has to talk positive about all the players.

no doubt Lemonier is on the hot seat, Lynch's ability to apply pressure keeps him ahead. But you never know from 2nd season to the 3rd, Lemonier might show good improvement during Pre-Season? Not he'll jump up to be a good, quality starter, but enough to be a quality back-up.

IF this happens, then there IS the option of trading Brooks.

Don't think there is a trade market for Brooks because of his contract. It looked like the team was going to outright release him until the retirements of Borland and Willis. I think the team wants to keep an experienced LB on the roster

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think there is a trade market for Brooks because of his contract. It looked like the team was going to outright release him until the retirements of Borland and Willis. I think the team wants to keep an experienced LB on the roster
The time to release Brooks has passed. He will be a 9er for this season at the least.From Spotrac: In 2015, Brooks will earn a base salary of $3,500,000, a roster bonus of $1,106,250 and a workout bonus of $100,000. Brooks has a cap hit of $7,055,000 while his dead money value is $5,546,250.I hope he can be all he can be because he is currently listed behind Lynch as the starter at LOLB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The time to release Brooks has passed. He will be a 9er for this season at the least.From Spotrac: In 2015, Brooks will earn a base salary of $3,500,000, a roster bonus of $1,106,250 and a workout bonus of $100,000. Brooks has a cap hit of $7,055,000 while his dead money value is $5,546,250.I hope he can be all he can be because he is currently listed behind Lynch as the starter at LOLB.

yes, too difficult to release him and granted, those numbers make it hard to trade him too. But say someone thinks they're a contender but suffers a big injury at OLB, they might consider it? We won't get a high pick, but something is better than nothing.

ok, DID get ahead of myself. a trade for Brooks is nowhere in sight unless ALL our own OLB's improve.

btw - wouldn't be worried as much on keeping experience, cause Aldon, Lynch, and Lemonier are no longer rookies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin is getting older. imagine one of the top guys with T. Smith and then throw in some of the younger guys. I don't see any of the younger guys being a #2 and we know T. Smith cane be a #1.

Corey looks good they say. Wouldn't shock me if we cut Brooks and keep Corey.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin is getting older. imagine one of the top guys with T. Smith and then throw in some of the younger guys. I don't see any of the younger guys being a #2 and we know T. Smith cane be a #1.

Corey looks good they say. Wouldn't shock me if we cut Brooks and keep Corey.

lemonier looked good but that was without pads. Maybe he'll look better. We'll see. I think they would have cut Brooks by now if they wanted to move on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lemonier looked good but that was without pads. Maybe he'll look better. We'll see. I think they would have cut Brooks by now if they wanted to move on.
I think they are waiting to see if they get out of camp healthy first before they cut him.