• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what Crabtree needs to do.

1) Go to Saints.

2) Say, "Hi, my name is Michael. I can catch the football."

3) Sign a one-year, $1 million contract.

4) Put up 1,000+ yards (which he will do easily in that system so long as he stays healthy).

5) Sign big(ger) FA contract in 2016.

The Saints' entire roster only has three guys with more than 20 CAREER receptions. Two of those three guys will be 32 and 35, respectively, when the season begins. It is just the type of pass-happy system where Crabtree could excel. This is such a no-brainer to me.
Brilliant idea! Send this idea to the Saints before the comp pick deadline! :thumb:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If he signs a one-year, $1 million contract, we wouldn't get much in return for losing him. I think the minimum is around $750K.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be looking to try to just get on any team at this point (comp. pick! :gaah:) . I never liked that the 9ers picked him up in that 2009 draft. I had them picking Sanchez in the first :L and our next pick at third going to Mike Wallace for the WR issue. Looks like Crabs will fuck us once again(see comp pick) by thinking he is better than everybody knew he really was.

Yep, I was hoping for a comp pick but that looks out the window now. He really isn't taking the right approach in free agency.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he signs a one-year, $1 million contract, we wouldn't get much in return for losing him. I think the minimum is around $750K.

I think he was offered $3 million by Miami if I am not mistaken. Sounds like he is stubbornly holding out for $4.5 million that no one is going to give him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just send his agent a copy of the Sherman rant with the message the offer is now 2.5 million

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning, the Ravens were one of teams interested in Crabtree according to CSN Bay Area

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just saw that. Does his contract value affect comp pick?

Yes. It's based on contract, playing time, and postseason honors. Based on my observations (to placate Deep), contract value appears to be the biggest single factor. Word is that Crabtree's contract is a one-year deal worth $3 million, with an additional $2 million in incentives. Let's hope he meets those benchmarks. He should be plenty motivated, and have ample opportunity in Oakland.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A look at the 49ers' 2016 free agents | ************.com

Vernon Davis, Boldin, and Aldon Smith are the big names. For Baalke to try and re-sign Davis, he would need a BIG year PLUS no other TE is close to starting caliber? But if he did have a big year, he'd price himself out of SF anyway. IMO this is Davis' last year in SF.

By next season we'll have a potentially good WR corps again, plus Smelter with a 'draft pass'. We're ven reading an undrafted WR is looking good and catching everything. IMO this is Boldin's last season no matter how well he does in 2015.

Aldon Smith would be the first one to negotiate with, and likely Ian Williams next. This is where more cap room now helps out, for the option to extend guys like Ian Williams.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A look at the 49ers' 2016 free agents | ************.com

Vernon Davis, Boldin, and Aldon Smith are the big names. For Baalke to try and re-sign Davis, he would need a BIG year PLUS no other TE is close to starting caliber? But if he did have a big year, he'd price himself out of SF anyway. IMO this is Davis' last year in SF.

By next season we'll have a potentially good WR corps again, plus Smelter with a 'draft pass'. We're ven reading an undrafted WR is looking good and catching everything. IMO this is Boldin's last season no matter how well he does in 2015.

Aldon Smith would be the first one to negotiate with, and likely Ian Williams next. This is where more cap room now helps out, for the option to extend guys like Ian Williams.

If Davis has a great season, I could definitely see us franchising him. There is a pretty good chance he walks after this year, though.

Not sure the WR corps is "good" again. Boldin/Smith should be a pretty nice combo, but no one is proven behind them. Simpson is coming off a year away from football, Patton and Ellington have twelve combined NFL receptions, and then we've got a bunch of UDFA. I doubt Smelter plays this year. If Boldin leaves, we're looking pretty thin there again. I think the team would consider keeping him for the right price.

I expect they'll start negotiating with Williams during the season and try to lock him up for awhile. He's a young player with starter ability and leadership qualities, he just has to stay healthy. Hopefully the team can lock him down for a few years with a reasonable, perhaps incentive-driven contract.

Aldon is the clear priority. We'll see what happens with him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Davis has a great season, I could definitely see us franchising him. There is a pretty good chance he walks after this year, though.

Not sure the WR corps is "good" again. Boldin/Smith should be a pretty nice combo, but no one is proven behind them. Simpson is coming off a year away from football, Patton and Ellington have twelve combined NFL receptions, and then we've got a bunch of UDFA. I doubt Smelter plays this year. If Boldin leaves, we're looking pretty thin there again. I think the team would consider keeping him for the right price.

I expect they'll start negotiating with Williams during the season and try to lock him up for awhile. He's a young player with starter ability and leadership qualities, he just has to stay healthy. Hopefully the team can lock him down for a few years with a reasonable, perhaps incentive-driven contract.

Aldon is the clear priority. We'll see what happens with him.

Interesting to see what Aldon does this year. Not sure how Harold fits in with Lunch and Aldon if both players are still here after this year.

Smelter isn't playing this year for sure.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting to see what Aldon does this year. Not sure how Harold fits in with Lunch and Aldon if both players are still here after this year.

Smelter isn't playing this year for sure.

I think Harold could replace Brooks. Although he's probably at his best as a pass rusher, he's probably the most athletic and fluid of our OLBs, and should be able to develop to play the pass solidly.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harold could replace Brooks. Although he's probably at his best as a pass rusher, he's probably the most athletic and fluid of our OLBs, and should be able to develop to play the pass solidly.

Isn't Lynch replacing Brooks?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't Lynch replacing Brooks?

yep, Lynch played in Brooks spot last season, and applied good, consistent pressure. Don't see why you'd move him to the other side unless his run defense is THAT bad? He is 6'-5" and 270 lbs, so has the size to play run.

i would think Eli Harold would get the first shot replacing Aldon. He is tall and rangy like Aldon, very good rusher, but not good (per scouting report) against the power run.

i'm pulling for Lemonier too, so if anything, he gets a shot before Eli.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, Lynch played in Brooks spot last season, and applied good, consistent pressure. Don't see why you'd move him to the other side unless his run defense is THAT bad? He is 6'-5" and 270 lbs, so has the size to play run.

i would think Eli Harold would get the first shot replacing Aldon. He is tall and rangy like Aldon, very good rusher, but not good (per scouting report) against the power run.

i'm pulling for Lemonier too, so if anything, he gets a shot before Eli.

Lemonier was unimpressive last year. Lynch started because Lemonier couldn't get any kind of pass rush going. I could see him possibly not making the team this year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lemonier was unimpressive last year. Lynch started because Lemonier couldn't get any kind of pass rush going. I could see him possibly not making the team this year

yes, but i'm still pulling for him. pulling for him to not only make the 53, but get some playing time in relief.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't have Lemonier making the team unless he plays at or near Brooks' level. Or unless he's one of our top STs guys (which is possible; he has played a lot of STs to date).