• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you hearing that? Brooks was a throwaway player at ILB. At OLB, he was (at least for a time) a borderline pro bowl player.

I've heard alot of talk from the media about it. But all that I saw was just media speculation. Nothing from the team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Bush signing, 49ers have less than $10 million in cap space | CSN Bay Area

This is what MM posted on CSN Bay Area this morning. Not sure where he got that number from but it is a big difference from $18.5 million
San Francisco 49ers 2015 Salary Cap Table | Spotrac
9.9 mill in cap
5.4 in draft pick money That puts us at 15.3. It was at 18mill before the Bush contract. We can use the 5,4 in draft pick money for FA but will have to get under the number before the draft. Plus if you throw in Smith (if he retires we will have more money.)

49ers have plenty of money to spend.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers 2015 Salary Cap Table | Spotrac
9.9 mill in cap
5.4 in draft pick money That puts us at 15.3. It was at 18mill before the Bush contract. We can use the 5,4 in draft pick money for FA but will have to get under the number before the draft. Plus if you throw in Smith (if he retires we will have more money.)

49ers have plenty of money to spend.

Ok. I really didn't research it so I don't know what the discrepancy was. If you figure the $5.4 million is going to rookie draft class. They have about $10 million to spend on free agents. Unless there is a last minute surprise, it doesn't look like any big signings are going to happen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At ESPN, Sando created a list of the top ten worst free agency value signings. Culliver was third on the list.

3. Chris Culliver, CB, Washington Redskins
One salary-cap analyst said he was "shocked" to see how quickly the money got out of hand for corners. Culliver has had off-field problems and on-field injuries, but he is only 26 years old and a good player when healthy. The Redskins badly needed to upgrade their secondary. Their deal with Culliver averaged $8 million per year with $16 million guaranteed at signing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I might be off a little but overall we have money to spend if we need to. I would like to get a CB(unless we are going to draft one in the 1st rd) and another DLmen just in case smith retires. To be honest Hardy would of been a great get. He would of added a monster pass rush. I know the risks but I think was worth it.

Crabtree has no market. Wouldn't shock me if we signed him on a 1 year deal. Smith, Boldin and Crabtree wouldn't be bad. Im not a big Crabtree fan but he is still better then Patton and Ellington(again if we go WR 1st rd then we don't need to do this.)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers cap space remains in flux, even as the team has likely added most of the free agents they will add. Aldon Smith's roster bonus contract requires another $5 million or so in cap space because he hopefully plays all 16 games. Additionally, Justin Smith has not finalized his retirement decision. If he retires, the 49ers clear $4,250,000 in cap space.

The 49ers do not need Aldon's space until the season gets here and he is actually playing the games. Given the 49ers current cap space and what will be necessary for draft picks, they really are in no rush to get a decision from Smith, from a financial perspective. Obviously he could impact the draft, but to be perfectly honest, I think defensive line remains a need even if he returns. He is unlikely to play more than one more season, so the position is not locked in moving forward.

Yep, so this being the case, rather he retires too. This season will be in flux as it is, so we might as well play the "next man up". Lets see what we have going forward the following year, and year after that?

Could we use hi? yes, similar to we could've used Gore. But no sense delaying their moves for one year usage.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers cap space remains in flux, even as the team has likely added most of the free agents they will add. Aldon Smith's roster bonus contract requires another $5 million or so in cap space because he hopefully plays all 16 games. Additionally, Justin Smith has not finalized his retirement decision. If he retires, the 49ers clear $4,250,000 in cap space.

The 49ers do not need Aldon's space until the season gets here and he is actually playing the games. Given the 49ers current cap space and what will be necessary for draft picks, they really are in no rush to get a decision from Smith, from a financial perspective. Obviously he could impact the draft, but to be perfectly honest, I think defensive line remains a need even if he returns. He is unlikely to play more than one more season, so the position is not locked in moving forward.

Yep, so this being the case, rather he retires too. This season will be in flux as it is, so we might as well play the "next man up". Lets see what we have going forward the following year, and year after that?

Could we use hi? yes, similar to we could've used Gore. But no sense delaying their moves for one year usage.

Exactly right. Some people are acting like losing Gore and Cowboy was something horrible when these guys are at the end of their careers. I would have liked to have seen Gore come back at the right price, but regardless, all it does is speed up the replacement process a year sooner. Not like we are losing these guys in 2009.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again I might be off a little but overall we have money to spend if we need to. I would like to get a CB(unless we are going to draft one in the 1st rd) and another DLmen just in case smith retires. To be honest Hardy would of been a great get. He would of added a monster pass rush. I know the risks but I think was worth it.

Crabtree has no market. Wouldn't shock me if we signed him on a 1 year deal. Smith, Boldin and Crabtree wouldn't be bad. Im not a big Crabtree fan but he is still better then Patton and Ellington(again if we go WR 1st rd then we don't need to do this.)

Never gonna happen. Not only do I think the Niners are happy to get rid of him and his attitude, but he'd never come back here on a one-year deal. With Torrey Smith in the fold, he won't put up the numbers he'd need to score a fat contract next year. He'd be much better off going just about anywhere else as the third receiver. If he was smart, he should be looking to go to NO at a discount. They've got Cooks to stretch the field, and he'd have a shot at starting for them. He could put up big numbers with an accurate QB with anticipation like Brees.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching UK vs Cincy and I decided to renew my version of the 53 man roster. I decided to cut Jerome Simpson to make room for a 3rd QB even though I hate carrying 3 QBs. Im all for carrying 2 QBs but I bet we end up having 3. Now with Pears, Wright, Cook and Dahl pretty much being roster locks with the amount of guaranteed money they have its hard to open places for the 53 man roster. I had to make the hard decision between Reaser and Acker and I picked Reaser to make the team.

3 QBs - Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, Sean Mannion (5th)
3 RBs - Carlos Hyde, Reggie Bush (FA), Kendall Hunter
1 FB - Bruce Miller
5 WRs - Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith (FA), DeVante Parker (1st), Quinton Patton, Bruce Ellington
4 TEs - Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Derrick Carrier, Garrett Celek
8 O-Line - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Alex Boone, Daniel Kilgore, Marcus Martin, Joe Looney, Brandon Thomas, Erik Pears (FA)

7 D-Line - Tank Carradine, Glenn Dorsey, Darnell Dockett (FA), Ian Williams, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Quinton Dial, Joey Mbu (4th)
8 LBs - Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, Michael Wilhoite, Corey Lemonier, Nick Moody, Stephone Anthony (3rd)
6 CBs - Tramaine Brock, Dontae Johnson, Kevin Johnson (2nd), Shareece Wright (FA), Chris Cook, Kieth Reaser
5 S - Eric Reid, Antoine Bethea, Jimmie Ward, Craig Dahl, LJ McCray

2 SPs - Phil Dawson, Andy Lee
1 LS - Kyle Nelson

IR/PUP - Chase Thomas.

Practice squad - Jarryd Hayne, Trey Millard, Karlos Williams (6th), Lance Lewis, Chuck Jacobs, Wes Saxton (7th), Asante Cleveland, Xavier Grimble, Dillon Farrell, Fou Fonoti, Chris Martin, Andrew Tiller, Lawrence Okoye, Mike Purcell, Kaleb Ramsey, Garrison Smith, Shayne Skov, Kenneth Acker, Marcus Cromartie, Leon McFadden.

I have 20 players listed above and only 8 players can be on the practice squad. 49ers are known for stuffing guys on IR/PUP when they arent really hurt so maybe some of these names get on that list. My guess on the practice squad would be Kenneth Acker, Jarryd Hayne, Trey Millard, Lawrence Okoye, Wes Saxton, Shayne Skov, Fou Fonoti and Kaleb Ramsey.

15: R1P15
WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE
46: R2P14
CB KEVIN JOHNSON
WAKE FOREST
79: R3P15
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON
123: R4P27
DT JOEY MBU
HOUSTON
143: R5P15
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON STATE
174: R6P14
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS
FLORIDA STATE
221: R7P29
TE WES SAXTON
SOUTH ALABAMA

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland has stated that he is giving back the portion of his bonus that he didn't earn, so kudos to him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just watching UK vs Cincy and I decided to renew my version of the 53 man roster. I decided to cut Jerome Simpson to make room for a 3rd QB even though I hate carrying 3 QBs. Im all for carrying 2 QBs but I bet we end up having 3. Now with Pears, Wright, Cook and Dahl pretty much being roster locks with the amount of guaranteed money they have its hard to open places for the 53 man roster. I had to make the hard decision between Reaser and Acker and I picked Reaser to make the team.

3 QBs - Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, Sean Mannion (5th)
3 RBs - Carlos Hyde, Reggie Bush (FA), Kendall Hunter
1 FB - Bruce Miller
5 WRs - Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith (FA), DeVante Parker (1st), Quinton Patton, Bruce Ellington
4 TEs - Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Derrick Carrier, Garrett Celek
8 O-Line - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Alex Boone, Daniel Kilgore, Marcus Martin, Joe Looney, Brandon Thomas, Erik Pears (FA)

7 D-Line - Tank Carradine, Glenn Dorsey, Darnell Dockett (FA), Ian Williams, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Quinton Dial, Joey Mbu (4th)
8 LBs - Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, Michael Wilhoite, Corey Lemonier, Nick Moody, Stephone Anthony (3rd)
6 CBs - Tramaine Brock, Dontae Johnson, Kevin Johnson (2nd), Shareece Wright (FA), Chris Cook, Kieth Reaser
5 S - Eric Reid, Antoine Bethea, Jimmie Ward, Craig Dahl, LJ McCray

2 SPs - Phil Dawson, Andy Lee
1 LS - Kyle Nelson

IR/PUP - Chase Thomas.

Practice squad - Jarryd Hayne, Trey Millard, Karlos Williams (6th), Lance Lewis, Chuck Jacobs, Wes Saxton (7th), Asante Cleveland, Xavier Grimble, Dillon Farrell, Fou Fonoti, Chris Martin, Andrew Tiller, Lawrence Okoye, Mike Purcell, Kaleb Ramsey, Garrison Smith, Shayne Skov, Kenneth Acker, Marcus Cromartie, Leon McFadden.

I have 20 players listed above and only 8 players can be on the practice squad. 49ers are known for stuffing guys on IR/PUP when they arent really hurt so maybe some of these names get on that list. My guess on the practice squad would be Kenneth Acker, Jarryd Hayne, Trey Millard, Lawrence Okoye, Wes Saxton, Shayne Skov, Fou Fonoti and Kaleb Ramsey.

15: R1P15
WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE
46: R2P14
CB KEVIN JOHNSON
WAKE FOREST
79: R3P15
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON
123: R4P27
DT JOEY MBU
HOUSTON
143: R5P15
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON STATE
174: R6P14
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS
FLORIDA STATE
221: R7P29
TE WES SAXTON
SOUTH ALABAMA

we have nine picks, believe one Comp is a late 4th rounder.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Sando on Crabtree:

Crabtree has outperformed most of the eight players selected ahead of him in the 2009 draft. However, lower-body injuries have slowed him over the past two seasons. Crabtree also seems perpetually unhappy. He wanted top-three money as the No. 9 overall pick and missed a chunk of his rookie season as a result. He has complained about his role. There is some thought in the league that the receiver market is crashing. That could affect Crabtree."

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's kind of surreal to look back on that 2009 draft (as is the case with many drafts). Even in the first round, you're looking at like a 50% hit rate, and that's not necessarily "living up to the pick," that's just becoming an established NFL player/decent starter. Seven or eight of these guys aren't even in the league any more.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of surreal to look back on that 2009 draft (as is the case with many drafts). Even in the first round, you're looking at like a 50% hit rate, and that's not necessarily "living up to the pick," that's just becoming an established NFL player/decent starter. Seven or eight of these guys aren't even in the league any more.

Interesting. I will have to look that draft up to see the names. That must have been a really bad draft. I see that happening more in the NBA than the NFL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: 49ers set to meet with free agent Nicks | CSN Bay Area

Hakeem Nicks. I don't care for this one. Don't see the need to pick up an injury prone on the decline WR for a number three WR. Rather have Patton or Ellington be number three. Patton will be entering his third season. Time to see what these players can do rather than play with over the hill players.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on KNBR this morning that Crabtree is visiting with the Raiders next week.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, please, PLEASE grossly overpay him so we get a good comp pick out of it!!!

I hope we get something out of it. Too bad Al Davis is no longer there, although Al loves speed and Crabtree has little of that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Comp considerations are based on their performances, not pay.