• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Bellore sounds like a special teams player and third string backup player

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Out of these two players below, who would generate more compensation the following season?

1. A player on a near minimum wage contract, performs very well and makes All Pro. ie his performance was great.
2. An All Pro player with a mega deal Contract, flops miserably on the field. ie only his contract was great.

No one knows the formula (and is why you can't state Contract is the biggest factor) but who would we guess warrants more compensation?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Out of these two players below, who would generate more compensation the following season?

1. A player on a near minimum wage contract, performs very well and makes All Pro. ie his performance was great.
2. An All Pro player with a mega deal Contract, flops miserably on the field. ie only his contract was great.

No one knows the formula (and is why you can't state Contract is the biggest factor) but who would we guess warrants more compensation?

Just for the record, you stated that contract doesn't apply at all. So even if I'm wrong that contract is the biggest factor, I'm still up one.

Let's consider some comp picks lately. The Chiefs got a 3rd round pick that was pretty obviously for Branden Albert, a guy with a big contract who only played nine games. Cincinnati got a third round pick that was pretty obviously for Michael Johnson, a guy with a big contract who played poorly. I'd imagine pro bowl honors might make a difference if a guy was pretty cheap, but it's pretty clear a team can still get good value when the guy they lose underperforms his contract.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trying to look into the flip side - a player with a low contract who played very well. It's extremely tough to find a player on a modest contract who made the pro bowl his first year with a new team. Carlos Rogers did it his first year with the Niners, but (shockingly) the 'Skins didn't get any comp picks that year. Willis McGahee did it his first year with Denver, but Baltimore (surprisingly) didn't get any comp picks that year. Leonard Davis did it his first year with Dallas, switching from a bad OT to a very good OG, but Arizona didn't get any comp picks that year.

Closest I can come up with is Wes Welker, though he didn't make the pro bowl. Dolphins got a 6th and a 7th round comp pick that year.

Deep, if you can come up with an example to show that pro bowl weighs more heavily, please do so. It was much easier for me to find guys who weren't good who netted top-tier comp picks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trying to look into the flip side - a player with a low contract who played very well. It's extremely tough to find a player on a modest contract who made the pro bowl his first year with a new team. Carlos Rogers did it his first year with the Niners, but (shockingly) the 'Skins didn't get any comp picks that year. Willis McGahee did it his first year with Denver, but Baltimore (surprisingly) didn't get any comp picks that year. Leonard Davis did it his first year with Dallas, switching from a bad OT to a very good OG, but Arizona didn't get any comp picks that year.

Closest I can come up with is Wes Welker, though he didn't make the pro bowl. Dolphins got a 6th and a 7th round comp pick that year.

Deep, if you can come up with an example to show that pro bowl weighs more heavily, please do so. It was much easier for me to find guys who weren't good who netted top-tier comp picks.

Nothing?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"If Crabtree signs a free-agent deal with another team before May 12, the 49ers likely will pick up another compensatory pick in the 2016 draft." Never liked that prick but i hope he hooks up with another team soon so we can get a comp pick.

Yeah, didn't even think about him not signing before May 12. It would suck to get nothing for Crabs. Why couldn't he put together a better season last year???

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Funny that we'll likely get a better comp pick for Dan Skuta than Michael Crabtree.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sherm was right. He is mediocre.

I believe the phrase was "sorry ass." Pre-Achilles with Kap, Crabtree was very good. But that was a fleeting period of time, and it's unclear if he'll ever get back there. I said it a few weeks ago, but I think he'd be wise to approach a team like the Saints and offer to play on a very reasonable one-year contract to rehab his name.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be looking to try to just get on any team at this point (comp. pick! :gaah:) . I never liked that the 9ers picked him up in that 2009 draft. I had them picking Sanchez in the first :L and our next pick at third going to Mike Wallace for the WR issue. Looks like Crabs will fuck us once again(see comp pick) by thinking he is better than everybody knew he really was.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He should be looking to try to just get on any team at this point (comp. pick! :gaah:) . I never liked that the 9ers picked him up in that 2009 draft. I had them picking Sanchez in the first :L and our next pick at third going to Mike Wallace for the WR issue. Looks like Crabs will fuck us once again(see comp pick) by thinking he is better than everybody knew he really was.

Here's what Crabtree needs to do.

1) Go to Saints.

2) Say, "Hi, my name is Michael. I can catch the football."

3) Sign a one-year, $1 million contract.

4) Put up 1,000+ yards (which he will do easily in that system so long as he stays healthy).

5) Sign big(ger) FA contract in 2016.

The Saints' entire roster only has three guys with more than 20 CAREER receptions. Two of those three guys will be 32 and 35, respectively, when the season begins. It is just the type of pass-happy system where Crabtree could excel. This is such a no-brainer to me.