• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Truth About Howard Leaving Lakers

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe never backed tracked Kold, He merely pointed out that quoting numbers as of right now would be pointless because he does not know how well he will play, who the Lakers will bring in or how relevent the Lakers will be with him as starting shooting guard. It's a roll of the dice right now, but in June or July when he is a free agent, it makes more sense for the Lakers to rebuild the team with the numbers under the salary cap, then use his bird rights if necessary to go over the salary cap and that will depend on who the Lakers end up with and how relevent Kobe will be. We don't know anything right now except that the Lakers will not be going to the finals in 2014

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Doors, Kobe will pass Jordan next year in about 30 games. Thats small right now. Championship is his biggest goal.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole point was that Howard was supposed to takeover being the man. Everyone knows Kobes the man. Thats why Howard left. Kobe wont give it up and Howard doesn't play pg.

I would disagree with me too if i was getting married to Jeanie. Unfortunately the things he remarked on are still in evidence today with Kobe.

What evidence do you have that other top tier stars want to play with him?

Steve Nash - even though he is past his prime is more of an old fart

Lebron and Wade had no problem playing with him the international Olympics

Pau Gasol had no problem

Chris Paul indicated he had no problems before that deal got axed by Stern.

I would ask what evidence do you have that other top tier stars don't want to play with him?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe never backed tracked Kold, He merely pointed out that quoting numbers as of right now would be pointless because he does not know how well he will play, who the Lakers will bring in or how relevent the Lakers will be with him as starting shooting guard. It's a roll of the dice right now, but in June or July when he is a free agent, it makes more sense for the Lakers to rebuild the team with the numbers under the salary cap, then use his bird rights if necessary to go over the salary cap and that will depend on who the Lakers end up with and how relevent Kobe will be. We don't know anything right now except that the Lakers will not be going to the finals in 2014

No, I agree. I think it's all posturing at this moment, and they'll sit down in the summer and work something out

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position did Pippen play? PF or C since he's clearly not a perimeter player right lol

First of all, Pippen was drafted to the Bulls. Im talking about another perimeter player from a different team.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole point was that Howard was supposed to takeover being the man. Everyone knows Kobes the man. Thats why Howard left. Kobe wont give it up and Howard doesn't play pg.

I would disagree with me too if i was getting married to Jeanie. Unfortunately the things he remarked on are still in evidence today with Kobe.

What evidence do you have that other top tier stars want to play with him?

Why do I have to show evidence, you the one that made a claim.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Doors, Kobe will pass Jordan next year in about 30 games. Thats small right now. Championship is his biggest goal.

If he stays healthy.

But in order to win another championship, he's going to have to concede a little. He needs to "somewhat" take a backseat. Players right now know he doesn't want to do that.

I'm not saying he's going to demand 30mil next year but if he realistically wants to try to get a title team put together then he needs to take about 30mil over 2yrs. I would be shocked if LA gave more than a 2yr deal considering the circumstances.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Especially with a business you can basically get it to the point where you have 0 tax liability. People with money operate by different rules. People touting the tax vs no tax are either deliberately deceiving people or they really just don't know.

How come we never hear about this? I would think this would be a major talking point regarding contracts and locations. The talking heads on TV bring up the tax versus no tax deal all the time. Surely they must know what these players are doing, if it is such a common practice, to avoid basic employment taxes. Yet no one mentions it?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash - even though he is past his prime is more of an old fart

Not an alpha dog and like you said yourself old.

Lebron and Wade had no problem playing with him the international Olympics

3 things. Kobe was not the man but the elder statesman. Lebron and Wade could laugh at Kobe together if he tried to be the man. Not the NBA.

Pau Gasol had no problem

Not an alpha dog

Chris Paul indicated he had no problems before that deal got axed by Stern.

Thats a ringing endorsement. "I have no problems" He probably got wind that it was going to be axed and was being PC.

I would ask what evidence do you have that other top tier stars don't want to play with him?

No one has come willingly or even suggested they desired to play with him?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come we never hear about this? I would think this would be a major talking point regarding contracts and locations. The talking heads on TV bring up the tax versus no tax deal all the time. Surely they must know what these players are doing, if it is such a common practice, to avoid basic employment taxes. Yet no one mentions it?
Dude the general public doesn't know about a lot of stuff. Its mind boggling the amount of stuff I have found out just by my associations with successful people.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it means something when he says he doesn't want to take a paycut? That news couldn't even come out fast enough before you guys caught a hold of that. Imo, this is strictly posturing or negotiating, or whatever you'd like to call it. My opinion is that they'll come to an agreement on a lesser contract next summer.

So what if he did say that he doesn't want to take a pay cut? Who does? I haven't gotten any impression that he won't take a pay cut and/or is completely unwilling to take a pay cut.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is a selfish player who only cares about himself. The fact that at this stage of his career he doesn't want to take a pay cut is comical. He is the reason why the Lakers will not get another star/superstar on their team via free agency because no young player in their prime would want to come here and fight over the ball with him. The only way they get another top dog is through a trade.

Are you guys such Kobe haters that you have to project your on feeling on to what he said. If you look at the his interview, you can see him saying that you go into the negotiations saying you're not taking a pay cut, and then you negotiate. He didn't say he wasn't. That's what you negotiate. Who goes into a pay negotiation offering to take less off the top. That Lakers may offer Kobe more than he thought they would pay, so why would you go in low-balling yourself.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude the general public doesn't know about a lot of stuff. Its mind boggling the amount of stuff I have found out just by my associations with successful people.

The talking heads on TV aren't the general public though. They would be well aware of what is going on. No one has ever mentioned what you are claiming NBA players do to avoid paying taxes. I'm not saying you are wrong Montsho. I'm just a very skeptical person who has not seen any evidence of such practices.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if he did say that he doesn't want to take a pay cut? Who does? I haven't gotten any impression that he won't take a pay cut and/or is completely unwilling to take a pay cut.

As for the former, if he says he doesn't, they will skip out on him. As for the latter, I agree. Once again, I feel that they will come to an agreement and Kobe will retire a Laker.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an alpha dog and like you said yourself old.

3 things. Kobe was not the man but the elder statesman. Lebron and Wade could laugh at Kobe together if he tried to be the man. Not the NBA.

Not an alpha dog

Thats a ringing endorsement. "I have no problems" He probably got wind that it was going to be axed and was being PC.

No one has come willingly or even suggested they desired to play with him?

Not sure what you're trying to say with all of this dribble, but everyone knows that Nash has been the best point guard in the NBA since Magic Johnson and the fact is Lebron and Wade played with Kobe in not one, but two International Olympics. You're forgetting that in China both Lebron and Kobe deferred to Kobe going down the stretch in their toughest test.

And you still haven't answered my question - What evidence do you have to prove other top tier players don't want to play with Kobe Bryant?

Proof, Evidence and documentation - I haven't seen shit yet

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in order to win another championship, he's going to have to concede a little. He needs to "somewhat" take a backseat. Players right now know he doesn't want to do that.

Didn't Kobe somewhat take a backseat last season? His FGAs were down, his APG were up, his usage rate was down. They finish 28-12 with Kobe being more of facilitator role.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to just make it up as you go Mo, but no player has willingly come and told another player he wanted to play with another player that often. Artest did though - and wanted to come to Los Angeles and he helped Kobe win a championship. Lebron is the only other player I know in recent years besides Howard going to Hardin and grabbing his webos. Your statement is worthless until you have top tier players saying they don't want to play with Kobe. Chris Paul had no problem with it and in fact neither did Howard until he was free agent. Kevin Garnet would have gladly come if Kobe hadn't been asking for a trade.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Kobe somewhat take a backseat last season? His FGAs were down, his APG were up, his usage rate was down. They finish 28-12 with Kobe being more of facilitator role.

You do realize you're wasting your time arguing with these clowns don't you?

Don't forget you can't fix stupid

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul tweeted "Wow" not "Whew" when the trade got nixed :lol:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talking heads on TV aren't the general public though. They would be well aware of what is going on. No one has ever mentioned what you are claiming NBA players do to avoid paying taxes. I'm not saying you are wrong Montsho. I'm just a very skeptical person who has not seen any evidence of such practices.
Not necessarily. Most people react the same way. Its too incredible or they feel stupid and dont want to learn so it stays a secret. I felt like a dunce when I found out what a business entity can do for you. Look up the write offs you get just for having an LLC. If you have access to an attorney that specializes in tax law talk to them.