• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the Lakers do now?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, she is/was. But she shouldn't be since Dr. Buss was fully on board with it. That's like the last thing Dr. Buss did before he got too sick; he was against hiring Phil because he wanted FO control.

Considering she's lobbying for Byron Scott (a terrible coach) and wants to hire her bae (who is making a nice mess of himself in NY), its fair to say she's got a questionable eye.

Wow ... she wants to hire a guy who has coached teams to 11 championships. Idiot.

I think she should pass on Phil and bring D'Antoni in like her brother did. Now that was a good choice.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, she is/was. But she shouldn't be since Dr. Buss was fully on board with it. That's like the last thing Dr. Buss did before he got too sick; he was against hiring Phil because he wanted FO control.

I don't think she was pissed that D'Antoni was hired over Phil because, as you point out, Dr. Buss himself signed off on the move. I think she was pissed about how it was handled. He asked for the weekend to think about it and they turned around and hired D'Antoni hours later.

I think the way it was handled was just Jim giving Phil the middle finger.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ... she wants to hire a guy who has coached teams to 11 championships. Idiot.

I think she should pass on Phil and bring D'Antoni in like her brother did. Now that was a good choice.

A. He coached teams to 11 championships. He's never built a team as a GM until now with the Knicks and he's rumored to want out before the job is complete.

B. Jim Buss didn't hire D'Antoni, Dr. Buss did. It's in the post you quoted.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixing the Los Angeles Lakers | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

Pincus is pretty good with his stuff and his sources say that Scott Brooks is basically asking for the Lakers job. Ok, his quote is "has some interest should it become available" but let's be real here. No coach ever hints at a job that's currently filled as part of the coach bro code so for that to be out there, he's essentially saying "Hey Buss Family, PLEASE hire me."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixing the Los Angeles Lakers | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

Pincus is pretty good with his stuff and his sources say that Scott Brooks is basically asking for the Lakers job. Ok, his quote is "has some interest should it become available" but let's be real here. No coach ever hints at a job that's currently filled as part of the coach bro code so for that to be out there, he's essentially saying "Hey Buss Family, PLEASE hire me."

Rather have Thibs, but wouldn't be upset in the least to get Brooks. He has shown that he can develop a young team.

And they need to listen to Mitch:

From where I sit, I’m going to try to encourage the decision-makers to be prudent with the money that we have – not just fill out a roster with players that will give us no flexibility going forward, yet maybe we can win 40 or 42 games for the next five years,” Kupchak said. “That’s never been our goal in this city. I know it’s frustrating for fans, but it’s my goal and I know it’s the organization’s goal to get the team and the organization in the position to do a lot more than that.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign DeRozan hopefully and find another big man and hopefully keep there top 3 pick and I can see this team being in playoff contention in a few years. Jim Buss still needs to go though for this possibly to happen.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have Thibs, but wouldn't be upset in the least to get Brooks. He has shown that he can develop a young team.

And they need to listen to Mitch:

Mitch is part of the problem.....he built this team. How he never receives blame from you guys is unbelievable to me. Either he's the GM or he's not.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch is part of the problem.....he built this team. How he never receives blame from you guys is unbelievable to me. Either he's the GM or he's not.

Mitch traded Kwame for Gasol and almost got CP3 until Cuban and Gilbert bitched about it.

Also got Howard and Nash for mainly draft picks, which at the time seemed like a great deal until Nash decided to turn into glass and Dwight became a whining little girl.

When it comes to GMs, Mitch is probably one of the best ones out there. He can't be held accountable for the last few years when he had fuck all salary cap to deal with situations.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitch isn't the problem. Jim Buss has been the problem. Mitch is actually one of the more respected GM's in the league. Jim, on the other hand, is among the least respected team officials in the league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch traded Kwame for Gasol and almost got CP3 until Cuban and Gilbert bitched about it.

Also got Howard and Nash for mainly draft picks, which at the time seemed like a great deal until Nash decided to turn into glass and Dwight became a whining little girl.

When it comes to GMs, Mitch is probably one of the best ones out there. He can't be held accountable for the last few years when he had fuck all salary cap to deal with situations.

He also may have spun straw into gold considering how few draft picks the Lakers had after the Dwight/Nash deal and managing turn those into a solid young core for the Lakers with Russell, Randle, Clarkson and Nance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also may have spun straw into gold considering how few draft picks the Lakers had after the Dwight/Nash deal and managed to turn those into a solid young core for the Lakers with Russell, Randle, Clarkson and Nance.

Exactly right! I don't get why people seem to think he's a bad GM when he managed to do a fantastic job given the circumstances.

Hell, didn't the pick we got from Washington that eventually turned out to be Clarkson only cost $1.8m?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right! I don't get why people seem to think he's a bad GM when he managed to do a fantastic job given the circumstances.

Hell, didn't the pick we got from Washington that eventually turned out to be Clarkson only cost $1m?

No one who actually pays attention thinks Mitch is a bad GM. I think the Clarkson pick actually came from Houston when he took on Jeremy Lin's expiring contract. Could be wrong on that though. I do know that the pick that became Clarkson was one that the Lakers didn't have before Mitch made a deal for it and that Clarkson was the steal of the draft. If memory serves, the Lakers would have had zero picks in that draft if not for Mitch.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this kid can't take the pressure in Toronto, why in the hell would you want to pay him 25 mil to come to Lala land when you have Clarkson and Russell?

th?id=OIP.M0fe192d73e8187921edb3ea784e683dbo0&pid=15.1.jpg

According to Stephen A. Smith, DeMar DeRozan will not be returning to Toronto next season. The ESPN personality was discussing Paul George‘s performance in game one, when he made his comments about the Raptors two-time All-Star.

Smith said: “As much as I love Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, who by the way is enjoying his last days in Toronto, because he’ll be leaving for Los Angeles in a few months anyway, they’re in a world of trouble, because they’ve got to find a way to deal with Paul George.”

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this kid can't take the pressure in Toronto, why in the hell would you want to pay him 25 mil to come to Lala land when you have Clarkson and Russell?

View attachment 108628

According to Stephen A. Smith, DeMar DeRozan will not be returning to Toronto next season. The ESPN personality was discussing Paul George‘s performance in game one, when he made his comments about the Raptors two-time All-Star.

Smith said: “As much as I love Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, who by the way is enjoying his last days in Toronto, because he’ll be leaving for Los Angeles in a few months anyway, they’re in a world of trouble, because they’ve got to find a way to deal with Paul George.”

DeRozan could easily play alongside Clarkson and Russell in the 1, 2 and 3 spots. Beats the heck out of having Anthony Brown, Nick Young or Metta filling that spot.

And should they be lucky enough to land Whiteside, DeRozan would be the oldest guy in the starting five at just 26 years old. May not be enough to make the playoffs just yet but should definitely double the amount of wins we got last year!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan could easily play alongside Clarkson and Russell in the 1, 2 and 3 spots. Beats the heck out of having Anthony Brown, Nick Young or Metta filling that spot.

And should they be lucky enough to land Whiteside, DeRozan would be the oldest guy in the starting five at just 26 years old. May not be enough to make the playoffs just yet but should definitely double the amount of wins we got last year!

You want him to play sf?

Yeah, he's tall enough at 6'7.

I guess it would be better than paying him $25 mil to be a shooting guard who can't shoot.

I just don't see him being successful guarding guys like Bron, Durant, George or Kawhi fulltime.

I'd rather have Batum for less money or Chandler Parsons if he's healthy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want him to play sf?

Yeah, he's tall enough at 6'7.

I guess it would be better than paying him $25 mil to be a shooting guard who can't shoot.

I just don't see him being successful guarding guys like Bron, Durant, George or Kawhi fulltime.

I'd rather have Batum for less money or Chandler Parsons if he's healthy.

Yeah, he weighs 220, so he'd be giving up anywhere from 10-30 lbs. depending on who he was facing. It would be doable if he hit the weight room hard in the off-season.

Personally, assuming the Lakers keep the top 3 pick, I'd rather see them get Ingram or Simmons to play the 3, get Whiteside or Horford in FA and then spend a good chunk of the remaining cap space to give the bench a serious upgrade.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one who actually pays attention thinks Mitch is a bad GM. I think the Clarkson pick actually came from Houston when he took on Jeremy Lin's expiring contract. Could be wrong on that though. I do know that the pick that became Clarkson was one that the Lakers didn't have before Mitch made a deal for it and that Clarkson was the steal of the draft. If memory serves, the Lakers would have had zero picks in that draft if not for Mitch.

Lakers bought the Clarkson pick from Washington. The Houston pick turned into Larry Nance Jr. Still, he made a good trade for Lin and the pick for basically nothing

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers bought the Clarkson pick from Washington. The Houston pick turned into Larry Nance Jr. Still, he made a good trade for Lin and the pick for basically nothing

Thanks. Couldn't remember which was which. Either way, they were both good moves.