• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Truth About Howard Leaving Lakers

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe would have made CP3 into a spot up shooter, like he did Nash last season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because I lost my recording? Or maybe I lost the notarized document that he signed stating this? Even if I provided these things you guys would say it was fake because you would want to believe its fake. Your belief is not required only suggested. If you choose not to believe me then its not a big deal. i wouldnt believe some stranger on a sports site either so I dont blame you.

Or maybe you made a dumb statement that you called "facts" with nothing to back it up and now you are just twisting yourself into a pretzel, trying to keep from admitting that you had no idea what you were talking about!!

No worries bro!! Just own it!! We've all done the same thing at one time or another!!

At least you're not one that does it with virtually every post, like some!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, after the all-star break he did at times. I'm sure he heard all about the continuous media "when he takes less than X amount of shots, the teams winning % is better" so he did more of the facilitator role. I'm not saying he needs to do it every game, but needs to do it more often than not. Especially if he has other good talent around him at this stage of his career.

Yeah, it had to be the media that influenced how Kobe was playing. It couldn't possibly have been that Dwight was finally starting to get healthy and play closer to the way he had played before the injury and Kobe realized that and started going to him more as result!!

Had to be the media!! Thank God for ESPN!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he is not... i actually know the guy (CP3). we were bff's in high school. we both have matching necklaces with a broken two heart pendant. when we get together we put the pendants together and it says "best friends."

anyway, i was texting my bff today about this thread.. and he definitely said he told the friend of a cousins ex wife he didnt want to play with kobe. i have the proof.. but it's on my phone.

:laugh3: That's funny right there!! I don't care who you are!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe would have made CP3 into a spot up shooter, like he did Nash last season.

How many games was Nash even healthy last season. I seem to recall Nash hitting 1 or 2 game winners for us in the time he was healthy.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe looks like a spot up shooter to me... 1:20

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that Magic didn't have to ask because he proved he was the leader of that team. Magic having the ball in his hands had nothing to do with it. The torch began to officially be passed when Kareem was out with the sprained ankle and Magic played all 5 positions to help the Lakers clinch the first championship of the Showtime era!! Magic had the ball in his hands all season, prior to that game, but it didn't start to become "Magic's team" until that game!!

The difference between then and today, was that back then, noone talked about it. Everyone knew that it was Magic's team, yet Magic always gave Kareem his respect and deferred to him off the court. Magic always referred to Kareem as "Cap" or "Big Fella" even though they were both captains on that team!!
The point is that Magic had a chance to prove himself because he had the ball. That has everything to do with it. He was the PG. How can you dispute that? If you are the one controlling the ball you have plenty of chances to prove yourself. No one said it was Magics team until he proved it.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe you made a dumb statement that you called "facts" with nothing to back it up and now you are just twisting yourself into a pretzel, trying to keep from admitting that you had no idea what you were talking about!!

No worries bro!! Just own it!! We've all done the same thing at one time or another!!

At least you're not one that does it with virtually every post, like some!!:lol:
Trust me. I'm the first to admit if I made a dumb statement. Face it. You guys wouldnt believe me no matter what. I understand and its OK.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that Magic had a chance to prove himself because he had the ball. That has everything to do with it. He was the PG. How can you dispute that? If you are the one controlling the ball you have plenty of chances to prove yourself. No one said it was Magics team until he proved it.

A player does not have to have the ball in his hands to prove that he can play or to become the leader!! If Dwight wanted to truly show his worth as a leader to Kobe, his teammates, Laker fans and management, he could have played to his strength which is his defense!!

It was actually suggested throughout the season that he do exactly that!! The fact is that Dwight had plenty of chances to show himself to be the leader that he claims he is and failed every single time!! He didn't step up on defense in any consistent way, he didn't do anything to improve his free throw shooting so that he could be counted on late in close games (he even went so far as to decline help from Steve Nash who's a career 90%+ free throw shooter) and he bailed on his team in the playoffs when Kobe was injured and he truly had a chance to step up and show his stuff!!

At no point last season did he show himself to have even the slightest clue on being a leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me. I'm the first to admit if I made a dumb statement. Face it. You guys wouldnt believe me no matter what. I understand and its OK.

You may want to go ahead and admit it now then. On ESPN they've been showing an interview with Steven A. Smith in which Dwight says: "playing with Kobe played no part in my decision to go to Houston"!!

Or would you rather not admit it and give us some more lessons in "body language"!!:lol:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to go ahead and admit it now then. On ESPN they've been showing an interview with Steven A. Smith in which Dwight says: "playing with Kobe played no part in my decision to go to Houston"!!

Or would you rather not admit it and give us some more lessons in "body language"!!:lol:
i'd rather not admit it and call BS. Do you think he is going to actually admit it publicly? If you believe that I got some beachfront property in Idaho......

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd rather not admit it and call BS. Do you think he is going to actually admit it publicly? If you believe that I got some beachfront property in Idaho......

:laugh3:Whatever it takes to hold on to your hate, is all good I suppose!!:laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:Whatever it takes to hold on to your hate, is all good I suppose!!:laugh3:

Besides, he's got no reason to lie now!! It's not as if players never rip their former teams/teammates on their way out of town!! He's gone to Houston and it's not like he's ever going to be a Laker or that Laker fans are going to be nice to him when the Rockets come to Staples because he didn't rip the team or Kobe on his way out!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, he's got no reason to lie now!! It's not as if players never rip their former teams/teammates on their way out of town!! He's gone to Houston and it's not like he's ever going to be a Laker or that Laker fans are going to be nice to him when the Rockets come to Staples because he didn't rip the team or Kobe on his way out!!
I guess you dont get it. Its sorta weak to admit that you left because another dude you dont like and are intimidated by had a bigger set of balls than you do.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you dont get it. Its sorta weak to admit that you left because another dude you dont like and are intimidated by had a bigger set of balls than you do.

This about Howard leaving LA? If so....

LOL, tell this to your girlfriend. Relationships and teams are not about having pissing contests and being right. It is about compromise and teamwork. That is what winning is made of and that is happiness.

And that is not what Howard said, he said basically there was no compromise and he couldn't work under those conditions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't have a problem blaming the Lakers not hiring Phil!! Shaq didn't have a problem ripping Kobe and the Lakers when he left!!

Here's the problem!! You're mantra (and others as well) has been that he left because of Kobe or that Kobe was at least a huge reason why he left!! In fact, you were so confident about it, that you started this thread entitled the TRUTH about why Howard left!!

Then, when Howard himself says that your reason is NOT the reason he left, you just claim he's lying and people who disagree with you: "Just don't get it"!!Yet, earlier you claim to have "no problem" admitting when you say something dumb or wrong!!