• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What? Another LeBron Thread on the Lakers Boards?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was tough enough to deal with Karl Malone as a Laker. Lebron might be too much to take.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the excuses for LeBron never end.

Stephen A just said LeBron can't do it alone and needs help.

His team is loaded with 4 top 5 overall picks ( 2 #1 picks in LeBron and Kyrie ), yet he still needs help?

Unbelievable!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His team is loaded with 4 top 5 overall picks ( 2 #1 picks in LeBron and Kyrie ), yet he still needs help?

Unbelievable!

LOL. Love may not have brought much last night due to early foul trouble, but he got 26 from Irving, 25 from JR Smith, and 15 from TT. Korver, Jefferson, and Deron didn't provide much off the bench, but they only got 8 total shots. When you've got two shot hogs taking 52 of 88 shots and both playing over 40 minutes, what do you expect?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading back through this thread, I fixated on shopson's comment...

He's not coming alone. Those kids are going to get shipped out in trade for PG13, Westbrook, whomever he thinks he can get.

Specifically the Westbrook comment. If Russ were to come in 2019 that would leave the Lakers with a starting line up like this....

1 Westbrook
2 George
3 James
4 Randall
5 Zubac​

That would leave the following trade chips for Westbrook:
  • Fultz/Ball
  • No. 28
  • Ingram
  • Russell
  • Deng
  • Mosgov
  • Nance Jr
  • Clarkson
Let's face it, if LBJ signs with the Lakers there is nothing we can do about it except discuss who we would want around him.

I gotta say, I like the starting lineup, and it makes sense that Westbrook would be happy to join a team that would challenge his former running mate for the WCF title and a shot at the Larry O'Brien.

It also makes sense that OKC might look to rebuild off a Westbrook trade too, and cash in with some young talent for their lone star and acquire some expiring contracts too. Getting those younsters would include either the Deng or Mosgov deals, if not both, in 2019.

So what would it cost to see Russ back in LA? What other pieces would the Lakers need for depth?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unbelievable!

To be fair, he does need more help. He might have 2 other all stars with him, but he got beat by a team with 4.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that Magic should give up the notion of bringing a bunch of FAs that have entered the twilight phase of their careers just to get a whiff of championship and stick with the very good young core they already have. After all, James, Westbrook, PG all started as young rooks. So did Steph Curry and the juggernaut developing in GS. Trading away half the young core with the Lakers on the precipice of having a very good young team is just counter-productive.