• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the Devils will do and what do you want them to do? It seemed like a no brainer a month ago that we would be sellers, but now it's tough to say. I don't think we make a move to acquire anybody, I think we either stand pat or sell.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say you're right. As much I love this run they are on, for them to keep it up enough to get in the playoffs is a huge stretch. That being the case, I don't see any reason to rent a player for the outside chance we have to make the playoffs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the run they are on would make you think we may stand pat or make a minor move.The thing that complicates things is the cap and the injuries keeping us under.personally I don't see Salvador coming back this season but if he does we're gonna need space.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need offensive defensman. Who could it be? Maybe Kaberle type...

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the best thing Lou could do right now is say, "we're not trading anyone." They playing for each other right now and that needs to be maintained. Besides what played could we possibly get at the deadline better than Parise.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we on the cap MC with langs gone and the injuries does salvadore alone keep us under

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious seems like parise is progressing well marty may miss a little more time i think it said mcl sprain

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mm TG said that Zach's anxious to get skating again and is hoping we keep up this good play till he returns. Obviously they're not gonna be winning every game in row like lately but at least Parise could came back to a team actually competitive, gamewise not standings wise.

They're doing good out there now, but to have a 100% Parise aswell with them would be such a factor. I assume most of us here aren't majorly surprised by this play though as we all knew the team was capable.

As far as trades go, agree with MC, best thing to do is leave it.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, the playoffs are still tough but far from.improbable. if they can win a total of 6 games more than whoever thar 8th team is the rest of the way, they are probably in and I'm very confident this team is capable. Not saying its a shoe in. Just that they are capable.

My one trade deadline wish however is KEEP arnott. He's been valuable all season and on this run, and he will be a key piece in the playoff hopes, and a key piece if we make the playoffs and see say..... mr pronger again

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guys, the playoffs are still tough but far from.improbable. if they can win a total of 6 games more than whoever thar 8th team is the rest of the way, they are probably in and I'm very confident this team is capable. Not saying its a shoe in. Just that they are capable.

My one trade deadline wish however is KEEP arnott. He's been valuable all season and on this run, and he will be a key piece in the playoff hopes, and a key piece if we make the playoffs and see say..... mr pronger again

Fully agree. Have been hopeful he wouldn't get traded since the rumors started about shifting him, really hope he doesn't get moved.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume we make the playoffs, we get Parise back and he's at 80%, Brodeur is healthy. Is this team capable of winning the cup?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I would be reading anyone right now would be if it was necessary for the cap.other than that maybe something small like trying to move fraser or one of our extra dmen.definitely like the way the team is playing and langs may have been the only trade we needed to make all along.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only way Greene and Arnott stay on this team is if Lou wants to resign them. I don't want them to stay if there is no intention of signing them.

I will scream if Lou trades for Kaberle and it doesn't involve a contract extension.

They have 25 games to get around 42 points. No team has gone on a winning streak like that in a long time and it is basically impossible with today's salary cap.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How can you send them away when we're still closing the gap though. No doubt that we're not a better team with them. If we only lose one game between now and the deadline they're staying.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be a complete downer here. Seeing the moves other teams have made this past week I'm not sure we have a team capable of winning if Parise, Brodeur, and a couple of others aren't 100%. I say sell.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell if the price is right. There are some years when you just sell no matter what and get what you can. I don't think this team is in a bad spot going forward.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats why I say only Arnott and Greene. if Lou doesn't plan to bring them back next year, there is no reason to keep them around.

The team will be back in the front of the pack next year with what is put together now

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell if the price is right. There are some years when you just sell no matter what and get what you can. I don't think this team is in a bad spot going forward.

I second that. This team is playing great, and you hate to mess with that. But still, we do have to think about the future too. If we don't make the playoffs, I don't think anyone will say it's because we traded Arnott, or whomever.