• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do it danny

george

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me Paul George or Jimmy Butler will be a Celtic by the end of the day but Boston would def have to give up that #1 pick

I bet they get neither unless they give up the Brooklyn pick AND Crowder.

So far, Ainge isn't inclined to do either.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want him to give up the whole team lol
nope. they can get it done. danny and larry....

im torn because i believe fultz is going to be a stud. stud. a 25% chance at him if they stick with the picks. i think stevens could really groom him and brown together.

but i also like titles. its what we do here in boston sports. the days we got KG and ray ray, this town flipped.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. they can get it done. danny and larry....

im torn because i believe fultz is going to be a stud. stud. a 25% chance at him if they stick with the picks. i think stevens could really groom him and brown together.

but i also like titles. its what we do here in boston sports. the days we got KG and ray ray, this town flipped.

PG would help out A LOT and worth the risk but it still doesn't give them the East or any title. You would lose Crowder/Bradley and Brown plus 1st round picks. If they were to keep Bradley in this deal then that would be pretty amazing but the price for PG is immense apparently.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it unlikely because they need to keep their pick this year?
Wouldn't Paul George win them a few games on his own?
Or would they just shut him down?

If LA loses their top-3 protected pick this year to PHI, then they also lose their 2019 pick to ORL.

Magic knows this, right? Right???!!!

As a Sixers fan, I'm ok with a coin flip scenario this year, but LAL cannot afford to lose two picks over the next three years, especially with those Mozgov/Deng signings. Brutal.

I am sure Magic knows the importance of the Lakers keeping that top three pick this year. As you pointed out, they lose that, they lose a couple of number ones in 2017 and 2019. If they keep the pick this year, they only lose a couple of number 2's in 2018 and 2019. So yea, bringing in George this year would be stupid. It looks as though Magic is going to wait for George in 2018 as a FA unless George opts to stay with Indiana or he ends up with the Celtics this year. I believe George really wants to finish his career at home in LA and hopefully win a ring as well in a couple of years.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG would help out A LOT and worth the risk but it still doesn't give them the East or any title. You would lose Crowder/Bradley and Brown plus 1st round picks. If they were to keep Bradley in this deal then that would be pretty amazing but the price for PG is immense apparently.
oh no, not a title...yet...but, hes a huge step towards something i think could eventually happen, once he opts out.

durant

his buddy horford is here, and his buddy george COULD be coming...

pipe dreams, maybe...but the possibility exists. this team is a top 10 rebounding team without bradley, believe it or not. they were mid 20's with him.

horfords boxing out has helped, everyone.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Magic knows the importance of the Lakers keeping that top three pick this year. As you pointed out, they lose that, they lose a couple of number ones in 2017 and 2019. If they keep the pick this year, they only lose a couple of number 2's in 2018 and 2019. So yea, bringing in George this year would be stupid. It looks as though Magic is going to wait for George in 2018 as a FA unless George opts to stay with Indiana or he ends up with the Celtics this year. I believe George really wants to finish his career at home in LA and hopefully win a ring as well in a couple of years.

Should trade Russell to Philly to get your pick back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no, not a title...yet...but, hes a huge step towards something i think could eventually happen, once he opts out.

durant

his buddy horford is here, and his buddy george COULD be coming...

pipe dreams, maybe...but the possibility exists. this team is a top 10 rebounding team without bradley, believe it or not. they were mid 20's with him.

horfords boxing out has helped, everyone.

KD isn't coming to Boston. So definitely pipe dream. And I heard PG wants to stay with Indiana or go to LA so to be realistic maybe it is better going after some other BIG free agent or keep drafting young guys that could pan out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young is available for a second rounder and Magic just may throw in Calderon just to get rid of the player and the contract.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD isn't coming to Boston. So definitely pipe dream. And I heard PG wants to stay with Indiana or go to LA so to be realistic maybe it is better going after some other BIG free agent or keep drafting young guys that could pan out.
pipe dream...like i said. i know george says he wants to stay in indianna. thats standard talk for a guy involved in trade rumors. same going on with drummond.

knowing danny, unless its a mega deal, hes keeping this years brooklyn pick. i want fultz.

but if a trade came along that blew the doors off, do it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pipe dream...like i said. i know george says he wants to stay in indianna. thats standard talk for a guy involved in trade rumors. same going on with drummond.

knowing danny, unless its a mega deal, hes keeping this years brooklyn pick. i want fultz.

but if a trade came along that blew the doors off, do it.
Adrian Wojnarowski: Update on Boston, Indy: Boston hasn’t met Indiana’s asking price on Paul George, but Nets pick has entered conversation now, sources say.

– viaTwitter WojVerticalNBA

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3