• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Pats aren't close to the Broncos

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Eli is better than Tom Brady. Sorry Mr. Brady cant beat sorry ass Eli who is an INT King.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with the main thrust of your post, one game doesn't prove that Wilson can consistently be successful from the pocket. That Denver defense was pretty bad against the pass, and was playing run-first. I think it remains to be seen if Wilson can prevail from the pocket. To date, he hasn't been able to do so consistently. He's still relying a tremendous amount on his escapability.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but RW is better inside the pocket than outside of it. Google it if you wish.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You keep saying this as if it gives your own arguments any credence. Not to mention, you haven't actually shown us any proof that non-49ers fans agree with you.

And I whole heartedly agree with imac. It seems as if you blew a fuse after the NFCCG and any discussion about Kap since then has devolved into you calling a QB that has started for 1.5 years DumbDumb and calling those that disagree with you homers.

I'm not calling anyone who disagrees with me a homer. In fact, a lot of the people who say it's so irrational to want him traded hold the same or a similar view of him as a QB (mediocre). They're essentially saying it's un heard of to want a mediocre (or decent according to many) QB traded. I think THAT position is irrational based on how expensive a mediocre starting QB is.

But I still think 95% of NFL fans are enormous homers (especially Raider fans).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kaep is the man and WE ARE LUCKY to have him, we could have sorry ass alex smith still. I think some people on here are racist, that's too bad

:L

There it is. The default setting of people who have absolutely no rational argument.

People think Kaepernick is overrated because they're racist against... whatever the hell race Kaepernick is. :noidea: It has nothing to do with his inability to fix simple mental mistakes. They're just cross-burning racists. Thanks for that take Richard Sherman (Al Sharpton).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're right that it isn't close. :nod:

Easy on the Nonagenarians. He doesn't even know where he is or what year it is.

Thanks for at least distancing yourself from me Abraham.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is the man and WE ARE LUCKY to have him, we could have sorry ass alex smith still. I think some people on here are racist, that's too bad

When you have nothing of substance to say, play the race card. Anyone who doesn't like Kaep for whatever reason, is a racist of course. That's the only possible reason to dislike someone or their game. :L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that he's already talking about wanting elite money.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not calling anyone who disagrees with me a homer. In fact, a lot of the people who say it's so irrational to want him traded hold the same or a similar view of him as a QB (mediocre). They're essentially saying it's un heard of to want a mediocre (or decent according to many) QB traded. I think THAT position is irrational based on how expensive a mediocre starting QB is.

But I still think 95% of NFL fans are enormous homers (especially Raider fans).

I am pooped from spending all day on these boards. I just wanted to respond that while I disagree with you, I appreciate you talking about Kap solely from a football perspective and nothing else. :suds:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure his on the field stuff is perfectly legitimate to question his value to the team entirely on its own. Why rehash something that supposedly doesn't matter?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but RW is better inside the pocket than outside of it. Google it if you wish.

Well, this is the first article that I came up with on google:

After Further Review: How to stop Russell Wilson? Keep him in pocket - CBSSports.com

And there's this:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Film Room: Russell Wilson, Again

The only articles I see that say he's better from the pocket than outside it are from the 2012 season. Perhaps more to the point, Wilson's pure numbers may be better from the pocket than outside of it - that wouldn't be a huge surprise as even he does the majority of his passing from inside the pocket. But without the big plays when he gets outside the pocket, I don't think the Hawks have nearly the season they did this past year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant in a Bulls hat http://missbasketball.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/duranthat1.png

Kobe in MJ jersey http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/1393532_10.jpg?w=620

I would like to hear what you 49er fans who are also Laker fans who care about Kaep in a Fins hat think about Kobe wearing bulls gear? This is just how people these days dress. People wear hats cuz they like the colors and it has nothing to do with the team.

I feel those players were wearing the gear because they liked Jordan, not for fashion reasons. I don't question their loyalty to their team nor Kaepernick's. Wearing something for style is ok and if he feels Miami's hat is more fashionable for his normal colored shorts (he had no shirt), that's his call. But when people defended him like that hat was the only thing that matched and he had to match or else and if he didn't people would notice his fashion faux pa, it was crazy. There was plenty he could wear and fashion can be overvalued.

It was a choice. Kaepernick can wear what he wants. It is predictable and understandable that some people wouldn't like it. If he wore it for that purpose (to mess with people), then screw that, but if he wore it like I seems (he just likes the design, team, or match), that's fine.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's not a big deal; I just don't see the value of adding this discussion to a conversation about his worth as a football player. Was someone trashing him for this here?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel those players were wearing the gear because they liked Jordan, not for fashion reasons. I don't question their loyalty to their team nor Kaepernick's. Wearing something for style is ok and if he feels Miami's hat is more fashionable for his normal colored shorts (he had no shirt), that's his call. But when people defended him like that hat was the only thing that matched and he had to match or else and if he didn't people would notice his fashion faux pa, it was crazy. There was plenty he could wear and fashion can be overvalued.

It was a choice. Kaepernick can wear what he wants. It is predictable and understandable that some people wouldn't like it. If he wore it for that purpose (to mess with people), then screw that, but if he wore it like I seems (he just likes the design, team, or match), that's fine.

I know people who buy Yankee hats not cuz they like the Yanks but cuz they like the logo. Maybe Kap just likes the Fins logo.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never had a problem with him wearing the hat. His response to the fans reaction however was very immature and disrespectful, imo. I feel like there should be a certain level of respect from pro sports figures to the fans. Even the ones that overreact to something so trivial or the booing and jeering fans. Without them Kaep would have to get a real job to support himself.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
See, this is something of a concern for me:

Players are not allowed to work with a team’s coaches until the start of the offseason program. And Harbaugh said Kaepernick is not working with a quarterbacks coach to tighten up his mechanics.

Those are things he needs to be working on all the time. Not just when OTAs begin.