• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
wilson might have an higher football IQ but doesn't have the skills.

I don't think you're giving Wilson enough credit in the talent department. He actually has an above-average arm & a quick release. And the one thing he does better than anyone else in the NFL is escape pressure. His pocket presence & agility is insanely annoying. And bear in mind I thought this guy was gonna be nothing special at all in the NFL.

Hit him a few times & he might not be so good because he doesn't have the size to take a bunch of punishment; so he clearly has areas of limitations. But overall I'd take him in a second if I were an expansion franchise.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wilson might have an higher football IQ but doesn't have the skills. Seattle won a Superbowl but people forget Wilson didn't do much. He just didn't make the big mistake. Talent wise he might be worse then Dilfer when he won it. Kap has more on his plate then Wilson. All wilson has to do is not turn over the ball, hand it off and let the D play. Kap needs to score to win games. Look at the GB games, Atlanta and Super Bowl.

Seattle D's was amazing. We have a good D but its not great. Seattle D won those games.

That's ridiculous. There's no doubt that the defense and the running game were the driving factors in Seattle's success, but Wilson played a major role, particularly in clinching the #1 seed. Dilfer was downright bad. The year they won the super bowl, he had four INTs and four TDs in four playoff games. His completion percentage was under 44%. He averaged under 150 YPG and never threw for more than 190 yards. He had one game with a passer rating above 83.1, granted it was in the 100s, and that was in the wild card round. By comparison, Wilson threw six TDs and one INT in three games. He threw for over two hundred yards and had a passer rating over 100 in the NFCC game and the SB.

When you say stupid stuff like this, you lose what little credibility you still have. You will come up with every excuse in the book for Kap, but criticize Wilson as much as anyone. It's asinine.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have won the Super Bowl with any of half the league at QB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They would have won the Super Bowl with any of half the league at QB.

That is true. It doesn't mean that Wilson played poorly. And I think a lot of QBs outside the top five or so would have struggled to beat the Niners.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the kid sucks. I'm saying he has not needed to be the focal point of a team, and that Super Bowl is a testament to their defense, not so much Wilson. Will it help his legacy? Sure, just like never winning one hurts, even if it wasn't in your control. But we still really have no idea what he can do with a team that actually needs him to put them at least partly on his back.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not saying the kid sucks. I'm saying he has not needed to be the focal point of a team, and that Super Bowl is a testament to their defense, not so much Wilson. Will it help his legacy? Sure, just like never winning one hurts, even if it wasn't in your control. But we still really have no idea what he can do with a team that actually needs him to put them at least partly on his back.

Strong parallels to Tom Brady's first Super Bowl, frankly. Though Wilson did more for his team during their SB run.

And you're right, the win will surely contribute to his legacy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady made game deciding drives throughout the run and in the Super Bowl. Defense was obviously important, but that defense wasn't as dominant as seattle's this past year. That secondary is impressive.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sick, just stop. You're making the board unbearable. It's reached the point where when I see a post from you, I just skip over it. You're turning into CaSick.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, just stop. You're making the board unbearable. It's reached the point where when I see a post from you, I just skip over it. You're turning into CaSick.

I do feel like there has been a bit of a shitposting vacuum left since Toby has been pretty solidly neutralized lately. Purgs has his moments, but there has to be someone latching on to an absurd viewpoint and not letting go while taking on all comers. I agree with Sick's general stance on Kap but I also agree with imac that he has been a little shark-jumpy lately as well. Maybe a solid tone down will do everybody some good?

I think we just need the draft and things will get somewhat better around here, at least for a little while.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Definitely Cazic-esque...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Brady made game deciding drives throughout the run and in the Super Bowl. Defense was obviously important, but that defense wasn't as dominant as seattle's this past year. That secondary is impressive.

No, Brady's defense wasn't as good; that Seattle defense was special. But the NE defense was still a very good defense, particularly in the playoffs when they held opponents to an average of 15.7 points, and held all three teams they faced under 20 points. That includes holding an incredible Rams offense to 17 points in the Super Bowl. And Brady didn't win as convincingly - or play as well - through the playoffs as Wilson did. Knocking Wilson's success because he played better than Brady did early in games, and thus didn't have to make a comeback, doesn't seem terribly fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson might have an higher football IQ but doesn't have the skills. Seattle won a Superbowl but people forget Wilson didn't do much. He just didn't make the big mistake. Talent wise he might be worse then Dilfer when he won it. Kap has more on his plate then Wilson. All wilson has to do is not turn over the ball, hand it off and let the D play. Kap needs to score to win games. Look at the GB games, Atlanta and Super Bowl.

Seattle D's was amazing. We have a good D but its not great. Seattle D won those games.

I must disagree on a couple of your points.
In the Super Bowl, RW was surgical in slaying Denver's D going 7 for 8 on 3rd downs for 83 yards to 4 different WR's. Many think he is not a pocket passer, but he went 14 for 18 in the pocket in the biggest game of his life. 2 TD's and zero INTS.
Granted, these #'s were put up against Denver's D while with a large lead.
Your Dilfer comparison is laughable.
Our two teams play a similar style. We are run 1st teams with tough D's. The QB puts the team on his shoulders only when behind.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I must disagree on a couple of your points.
In the Super Bowl, RW was surgical in slaying Denver's D going 7 for 8 on 3rd downs for 83 yards to 4 different WR's. Many think he is not a pocket passer, but he went 14 for 18 in the pocket in the biggest game of his life. 2 TD's and zero INTS.
Granted, these #'s were put up against Denver's D while with a large lead.
Your Dilfer comparison is laughable.
Our two teams play a similar style. We are run 1st teams with tough D's. The QB puts the team on his shoulders only when behind.

While I agree with the main thrust of your post, one game doesn't prove that Wilson can consistently be successful from the pocket. That Denver defense was pretty bad against the pass, and was playing run-first. I think it remains to be seen if Wilson can prevail from the pocket. To date, he hasn't been able to do so consistently. He's still relying a tremendous amount on his escapability.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

This from the guy who defended NolanNonsense like he was your bear cub.

I started ONE thread about the guy. One. And I'm not even the one who keeps it going. People keep bringing the issue up on different threads, and I keep posting the link to this one.

I'm out of my mind for thinking Kaepernick is a mediocre QB and has terrible football intelligence. Sure. Funny how most non-49er-fans agree with me.

And Cazic was saying Alex Smith practically didn't belong in the league. His position was stupid. I'm saying Kaepernick SHOULD BE a starting QB in the NFL, but he's a mediocre one. That's position is correct (or at the very least not exactly outlandish).

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This from the guy who defended NolanNonsense like he was your bear cub.

I started ONE thread about the guy. One. And I'm not even the one who keeps it going. People keep bringing the issue up on different threads, and I keep posting the link to this one.

I'm out of my mind for thinking Kaepernick is a mediocre QB and has terrible football intelligence. Sure. Funny how most non-49er-fans agree with me.

And Cazic was saying Alex Smith practically didn't belong in the league. His position was stupid. I'm saying Kaepernick SHOULD BE a starting QB in the NFL, but he's a mediocre one. That's position is correct (or at the very least not exactly outlandish).

You keep saying this as if it gives your own arguments any credence. Not to mention, you haven't actually shown us any proof that non-49ers fans agree with you.

And I whole heartedly agree with imac. It seems as if you blew a fuse after the NFCCG and any discussion about Kap since then has devolved into you calling a QB that has started for 1.5 years DumbDumb and calling those that disagree with you homers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is the man and WE ARE LUCKY to have him, we could have sorry ass alex smith still. I think some people on here are racist, that's too bad

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is a better QB than Kaep.

Race has nothing to do with it :L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1