• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My point wasn't to absolve Kap of any blame because I do agree that you can't take a delay of game penalty on 3rd and 1 in that situation.

But what I'm trying to say that in general our delay of game issues stem from a fundamental flaw with the coaches and the play calling process since we've had two different QBs struggle to get the play off on time and one of those QBs is considered one of the smarter QBs in the league in Alex Smith.

So if we fix the flaws with the coaches and the play calling we should nip the wasted timeouts and delay of game issues to a more normal rate you see with other teams.

Not to go too far off topic but our processes on offenses seem to lack any sort of speed or hurry up ability and it is something I feel the coaches should address.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nobody on this board knows how fast Roman gets the plays in... It's ridiculous to keep bringing this up... Roman has now had two QB's struggle to to get the plays off on time... IF it is the QB's that are to blame, then the coaching staff needs to take F'ing responsibility for letting it go on for three F'ing seasons and NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM!

There have been plenty of tidbits over the last couple of seasons that suggest Roman is the one getting the plays in late. And not only that but others have pondered if his complicated three play selection at the LOS is also another source of unwarranted time consuming BS...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nobody on this board knows how fast Roman gets the plays in... It's ridiculous to keep bringing this up... Roman has now had two QB's struggle to to get the plays off on time... IF it is the QB's that are to blame, then the coaching staff needs to take F'ing responsibility for letting it go on for three F'ing seasons and NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM!

There have been plenty of tidbits over the last couple of seasons that suggest Roman is the one getting the plays in late. And not only that but others have pondered if his complicated three play selection at the LOS is also another source of unwarranted time consuming BS...

DumDumb's had 3 training camps, 3 preseasons, a season of practice and & 28 games to get this down. It's his responsibility to get the play off. If it's not happening in time he needs to call his own play. Period. If the OC isn't getting him the play in time, then Kaepernick needs to beat down his office door & get on his case about it. Like after the second time it happens. That isn't happening because Kaepernick is too embarrassed to admit he can't find Roman's office despite people explaining where it is over and over again. Although I commend him for chewing out who he thought was Roman a few times, but it was actually the janitor.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't matter.

If the coach doesn't call a play in time, call your own and run it. That's the QB's job.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DumDumb's had 3 training camps, 3 preseasons, a season of practice and & 28 games to get this down. It's his responsibility to get the play off. If it's not happening in time he needs to call his own play. Period. If the OC isn't getting him the play in time, then Kaepernick needs to beat down his office door & get on his case about it. Like after the second time it happens. That isn't happening because Kaepernick is too embarrassed to admit he can't find Roman's office despite people explaining where it is over and over again. Although I commend him for chewing out who he thought was Roman a few times, but it was actually the janitor.

You should stick to trying to make serious points, you actually get more laughs out of those posts when you do... :)

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It doesn't matter.

If the coach doesn't call a play in time, call your own and run it. That's the QB's job.

It's possible he already does to a point, but only Kaepernick, Roman and Harbaugh would know... Getting lost in all of this is that Kaepernick is still in the infancy of starting experience... If a veteran QB like Alex Smith had trouble processing Romans plays and getting the plays off in time, then what the hell did he think was going to happen with an inexperienced QB trying to do the same thing?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the offense or playcalling isn't an issue. But at the end of the day, the QB runs the offense and it is his responsibility to get a play called and snapped under all circumstances. I would similarly put a large chunk of blame on Alex Smith for when he did it, or on Peyton or Brady when they do it, or anyone else. Get a play called and snapped no matter what.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's possible he already does to a point, but only Kaepernick, Roman and Harbaugh would know... Getting lost in all of this is that Kaepernick is still in the infancy of starting experience... If a veteran QB like Alex Smith had trouble processing Romans plays and getting the plays off in time, then what the hell did he think was going to happen with an inexperienced QB trying to do the same thing?

If Colin Kaepernick ever gets arrested, you should be his defense attorney.

I would similarly put a large chunk of blame on Alex Smith for when he did it, or on Peyton or Brady when they do it

Funny how Manning & Brady pretty much NEVER have delay-of-game penalties. And why is that you ask? Clearly it's because they're faster & have more arm strength than Kaepernick.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When Sickness and JDM start agreeing with each other, you know it's time to move on. This thread might as well be locked. We're not going to be able to have a normal discussion with those two anymore.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap isn't intelligent enough to get the play in on time but apparently THIS is what an intelligent QB looks like.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0]Sanchez butt fumble with enhanced audio - YouTube[/ame]

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
When Sickness and JDM start agreeing with each other, you know it's time to move on. This thread might as well be locked. We're not going to be able to have a normal discussion with those two anymore.

Don't connect me with Grandpa Simpson over there. This is the first time I can ever remember him agreeing with me.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just means it's the first time you've been right. :nod:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kap isn't intelligent enough to get the play in on time but apparently THIS is what an intelligent QB looks like.

Sanchez butt fumble with enhanced audio - YouTube

If Sanchez turns the wrong way to hand the ball off (which Kaepernick has done by the way) 12 more times in the regular season & continues to do so in the playoffs, then we can start talking about him as being as dumb as Colin Einstein.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an ongoing problem but like Harbaugh said its on him and the staff getting the call in. It happens. its not that big of a deal. We made it to 3 straight NFC championship games and 1 super bowl. Im ok with anything they are doing if u get results like that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Kap is a lot smarter then u buddy. Calling him dumb and stupid makes you look bad. The kid scored a 38 on the wonderlic. Avg is 20-21 for an NFL player.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delay of game is ALWAYS on the QB. You do what you have to in order to get the play in on time. Call a play yourself if you have to. At least, for the love of crap, call a time out if you have 3 of 'em.

The "it's the offense" excuse is nonsense. I've never seen anything like this in either the NFL or college. Andrew Luck never had delay-of-game issues in Harbaugh's offense.

No Luck would have just throw an INT. I mean look at how many INTs he threw in 2 playoff games last year 7. He keeps it up he will be in Rivers and Eli's class for INT kings.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I bet Kap is a lot smarter then u buddy. Calling him dumb and stupid makes you look bad. The kid scored a 38 on the wonderlic. Avg is 20-21 for an NFL player.

If we're talking about football smart (knowing offenses & defenses) then of course he is. He's smarter than 99% of the population in those terms. So were Ryan Leaf and Jim Druckenmiller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He's objectively intelligent. But his football IQ appears to be lower than Wilson's, for example.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's objectively intelligent. But his football IQ appears to be lower than Wilson's, for example.

wilson might have an higher football IQ but doesn't have the skills. Seattle won a Superbowl but people forget Wilson didn't do much. He just didn't make the big mistake. Talent wise he might be worse then Dilfer when he won it. Kap has more on his plate then Wilson. All wilson has to do is not turn over the ball, hand it off and let the D play. Kap needs to score to win games. Look at the GB games, Atlanta and Super Bowl.

Seattle D's was amazing. We have a good D but its not great. Seattle D won those games.