• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy Sick, you sure you want this?

I definitely hate Kap right now, his 4th Q meltdown or idk what to say to describe it really has me speechless n beyond enraged... I mean... WHY!

I will say yea do it cuz thats Clowney coming over and I'm cool with that but who will be QB? trade up for?

The thing I would be concerned about is how he said he would make that throw 10 outta 10 times vs Sherman in the NFC title game… Are you @#^ing crazy… With the season on the line you AVOID throwing to the top corner in the game especially on a fade route over the top… Sherman locks those down on a regular … He needs to learn from mistakes not justify them… He's a good player but mentally might ruin his chances with that attitude… Maybe he was just being emotional in the interview but he had time to reflect…

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I would be concerned about is how he said he would make that throw 10 outta 10 times vs Sherman in the NFC title game… Are you @#^ing crazy… With the season on the line you AVOID throwing to the top corner in the game especially on a fade route over the top… Sherman locks those down on a regular … He needs to learn from mistakes not justify them… He's a good player but mentally might ruin his chances with that attitude… Maybe he was just being emotional in the interview but he had time to reflect…

I never take what these guys say at face value. His intent may have just been to pump up Crabtree and show that he has the utmost confidence in him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never take what these guys say at face value. His intent may have just been to pump up Crabtree and show that he has the utmost confidence in him.

That's true… If that's the case then it's good… If not it's bad… Because man you don't throw strategically to the teams best corner in those moments if you can avoid it…

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's true… If that's the case then it's good… If not it's bad… Because man you don't throw strategically to the teams best corner in those moments if you can avoid it…

I think that's too much of a blanket statement. If we're limiting it to Sherman, I don't disagree. And certainly not when the CB clearly doesn't bite on the route. But Crabtree is a good matchup on many CBs.

I don't like the play call, though. Roman seems to keep thinking Kap can throw the fade to the back of the endzone. He just doesn't put touch under the ball for a good fade. I thought we learned that last year. A lot of people have said the ball just needed to be a foot higher. I disagree. The arc of the ball needed to be five or six feet higher. That's the only way it even had a shot of being complete.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far as Kap learning from his mistakes, I was very troubled when, on the final drive, he threw pretty much the exact same pass as the one Chancellor intercepted. He cleared the shorted DB (forget who), and it turned out to be a nice gain. But that play is a mental mistake in my book.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's too much of a blanket statement. If we're limiting it to Sherman, I don't disagree. And certainly not when the CB clearly doesn't bite on the route. But Crabtree is a good matchup on many CBs.

I don't like the play call, though. Roman seems to keep thinking Kap can throw the fade to the back of the endzone. He just doesn't put touch under the ball for a good fade. I thought we learned that last year. A lot of people have said the ball just needed to be a foot higher. I disagree. The arc of the ball needed to be five or six feet higher. That's the only way it even had a shot of being complete.

Certainly, you only throw that pass if you know you can put it where only your guy can get it. Furthermore, it seemed like a low percentage chance they could complete that anyway, so the mistake was the decision to throw it to Crabs there as much as the poor throw itself. In defense of Roman, Kaep could have tried to go somewhere else. Anyway, you just hope that everyone learns from it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Certainly, you only throw that pass if you know you can put it where only your guy can get it. Furthermore, it seemed like a low percentage chance they could complete that anyway, so the mistake was the decision to throw it to Crabs there as much as the poor throw itself. In defense of Roman, Kaep could have tried to go somewhere else. Anyway, you just hope that everyone learns from it.

Back when we really had it out over who/what was to blame for that play, I was firmly in the "bad decision by Kap" camp. That said, they put Crabtree out where they knew Sherman would be on him, and called a play in which the first read - for a QB who likes to go to his first read - was a throw that he really struggles to make. Very questionable play call by Roman IMO. Worse decision by Kap given the textbook coverage.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sanchez Last year Starting: 54% comp, 13 TDs, 18 Ints, 8 fumbles.

Argument over with those stats.

Phillip Rivers had a couple of toilet seasons too, and I maintained that he was one of the best QBs in football.

Marc Sanchez has NEVER had even decent receivers. Compare that to DumbDumb, who's had maybe the 3rd-best supporting cast in football (behind Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning).

To answer your question Doobie, when I started this thread Marc Sanchez was still a Jet. But I'd honestly rather go with some rookie or stopgap vet' than sign DumbDumb for 18 a year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're actually going to take going this route seriously, I'd honestly rather have Tim Tebow. Honestly.

That is how little I think of Sanchez, but also because I don't think Tebow is as bad as the media portrayed him. Since Tebow is now an analyst, I'd pick Josh McCown as a name I would have been OK with if done earlier in FA, or Ryan Fitzpatrick, but I've been disgusted by Sanchez since his USC days.

You could leave put 10 men on the field and have the center snap the ball on the ground every play and you'd still be better off than playing Tebow.

Sanchez could be paralyzed from the waist down and would shit all over Tebow every single play.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marc Sanchez has NEVER had even decent receivers. Compare that to DumbDumb, who's had maybe the 3rd-best supporting cast in football (behind Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning).

:rollseyes:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So weird how Niner fans will talk all kinds of trash about how good all the individual players around Kaepernick are, but for some reason when assessing as a group they become average.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So weird how Niner fans will talk all kinds of trash about how good all the individual players around Kaepernick are, but for some reason when assessing as a group they become average.

I'm not really sure about the trash talking you're talking about... But there are atleast 7 or 8 teams with a better supporting offensive cast and another 3 or 4 right on par with the 49ers...

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of our biggest weaknesses is WR.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Crabtree and Boldin would start anywhere in the league, and be the number ones for a good portion of it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd follow that video up with a montage of Colin Kaepernick's delay-of-game penalties, but nobody has put that 20-minute video together yet.

But that stems more from our offense in general and not necessarily the QB.

It's not like Smith didn't have to burn a few TOs and take some delay of game penalties in his season and a half at QB.

In 18 games in 2011 we had 10 delay of game penalties and in 19 games in 2013 we had 13 delay of game penalties.

In 17 games the 2013 the Alex Smith lead KC Chiefs had 6 delay of game penalties.

So our delay of game issues stem more the length of time it takes to call the plays and get to the LOS to make the shifts and read the defense.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd follow that video up with a montage of Colin Kaepernick's delay-of-game penalties, but nobody has put that 20-minute video together yet.
As long as it included Roman and Harbs for some of thoses game delays and Kap's red zone fuck-ups I'm good with that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Remember when Purguy said we fixed that problem in the playoffs? That was really, really funny.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Purguy said we fixed that problem in the playoffs? That was really, really funny.

nope never said that. Said we fixed wasting our time outs. Using them all before the 2nd Q started.