• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tough week of Hockey Ahead...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flyers played what i believe was playoff hockey against the stars...maybe this is what they need to step up for the stretch run...:pray:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our Flyers play their best hockey when they have their backs up against the wall and that would be right now. I only say this because if we play the way we have in some of our recent losses throughout the next week, we'll find ourselves sitting in fourth place by the end of the month, which would be a complete disaster. So, it's time to play hockey at a very high level or end up playing Tampa, a team that has plagued us all season long, in round one.

I also feel that Bob took the reins as the starter last night. He made the saves at critical times that Boosh wouldn't have made and that includes the shootout. That's being perfectly fair and objective to both of them. Who knows, they may be rotated in the playoffs, but Bob is officially the better of the two options right now after this statement game.

I'll add that I love how we're leaning on our four best defensemen (minus Pronger) and they are all responding by taking the extra time on ice and running with it. Look at their minutes last night.

Meszaros 28:22
Coburn 27:38
Carle 26:12
Timonen 25:44

Unreal, even when you consider that the game went to overtime. Those are all top pairing defenseman numbers and they flourished in that atmosphere. I think we'll see a lot more of this come playoff time. Our top five once Pronger is back will be leaned on heavily and O'Donnell will sit. He's just not in the same league as the others, sorry. Regardless, it's a much better situation on defense than we had in the playoffs last year with the addition of a horse like Meszaros.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our Flyers play their best hockey when they have their backs up against the wall and that would be right now. I only say this because if we play the way we have in some of our recent losses throughout the next week, we'll find ourselves sitting in fourth place by the end of the month, which would be a complete disaster. So, it's time to play hockey at a very high level or end up playing Tampa, a team that has plagued us all season long, in round one.

I also feel that Bob took the reins as the starter last night. He made the saves at critical times that Boosh wouldn't have made and that includes the shootout. That's being perfectly fair and objective to both of them. Who knows, they may be rotated in the playoffs, but Bob is officially the better of the two options right now after this statement game.

I'll add that I love how we're leaning on our four best defensemen (minus Pronger) and they are all responding by taking the extra time on ice and running with it. Look at their minutes last night.

Meszaros 28:22
Coburn 27:38
Carle 26:12
Timonen 25:44

Unreal, even when you consider that the game went to overtime. Those are all top pairing defenseman numbers and they flourished in that atmosphere. I think we'll see a lot more of this come playoff time. Our top five once Pronger is back will be leaned on heavily and O'Donnell will sit. He's just not in the same league as the others, sorry. Regardless, it's a much better situation on defense than we had in the playoffs last year with the addition of a horse like Meszaros.

first, great post.. now to the bolded points.. the first one, i dont know if i'm ready to call last night a statement game, but i do agree he has been the better goalie of late, and last night was a very strong game from him.. next up, coburn.. if the increase in minutes made coburn play like he did last night i want to see him play 65 minutes every game.. he was incredible last night.. id even go as far as to say that was the best defensive performance we've seen all season from a flyer.. and now that i think about it, i think he's got the top 2 now, cant remember the other though, just remember saying the same thing about coburn previously.. lastly, i love mesz.. i think he was a fantastic pick up

and just because its me, in pronger's last 5 games the flyers are 1-4, in the 5 games since he's been out, they're 3-0-2.. so fuck you pronger :D

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a way to see record with Shelley out of the lineup?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you all know I am a Bob hater. After what he played like last night, I am ready to give him another shot. Saves in OT, the SO, and during regulation were great. I want more of October Bobrovsky and less of All-Star Break Bobrovsky.

I also said this on the main board, we played better last night yet continue to underachieve. Last night was good, but still not acceptable. In the playoffs there, believe it or not, no shootouts. So let's win these ones in regulation, because I dont want to see any Bill Guerin/Patrick Kane-esque goals fucking up a promising year.

60 minutes. That is the key.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Boys!!!

What say we divide up teams, reserve the rink for a few hours and have ourselves a dandy ole time. How does tomorrow at 7:30 work for you???

See you fells out there, and I think that I speak for all of us when I say....

PENGUINS SUCK!!!

alex-ovechkin.jpg

94529801.jpg

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intimidating pics you got there of man-goo!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Before you boys go all ape shit on 46-2, know that he's cool like Jeff, Auto, Boss and a couple others.

Ok then, carry on...

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol Before you boys go all ape shit on 46-2, know that he's cool like Jeff, Auto, Boss and a couple others.

Ok then, carry on...

ha who said jeff was cool??? ;)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man goo???

Nicklas Backstrom is not Alex Semin, hockey genius........ :L

LOL!!! My apologies! I get all the soft, euro wussies on the Caps mixed up. Thanks for the correction. They're all (exception for Knuble) gay in my book.