• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Coaches Most Likely to Win Their First Title

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all games, but obviously ranked on ranked trend toward bowl games. Again though, isn't the reverse also true, these elite qb's and there high powered offenses also have 4 weeks to prepare?

LOL, I'm pretty sure the Aggies had very little to do with Saban adapting. The heisman trophy winner scored 29 in a win and 42 in a loss, A&M has only scored more than 23 once since, last year when they lost 47-28. Manziel also hung 59 on their fellow B12 refugee Missouri that year and beat B12 Co-Champ 41-13 in the Cotton Bowl.
Saban changed because of that.. he even knew the game was changing. Think defense travels week to week when you prepare for QBs like Murray, Randolph, Grier, Whomever Kliff picks?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart should be number 1 base on the talent he already has on campus. tosu had a great 2020 class and a special one so far for 2021, but the talent on Jawja's roster right now is better than tosu outside QB. But man.. when it comes down to actual coaching.. he should be no lower than 3. Not sure what people see in Mullen
True but I’ll give the slight edge to Day as he has the easier path to the CFP

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-1 in 4 seasons? 4 seasons lasting a decade?

Thank you for the display of Alabama intellect. Gumps never let me down.

You're the one that seems focused on 4 years, I guess if i was a Florida fan I wouldn't want to talk to much history either. You did have those two decades though...a decade ago.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban changed because of that.. he even knew the game was changing. Think defense travels week to week when you prepare for QBs like Murray, Randolph, Grier, Whomever Kliff picks?

Keep telling yourself that. It's funny that 2 of the 3 quarterbacks you brought up started in the SEC...then transferred to the B12 where they lit it up. I remember when Kyler Murray lit us up in the bowl game his heisman year too. I mean he really came alive after they spotted us those 4 touchdowns to go up 28-0. Super accurate too, almost got that QBR up to 95.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep telling yourself that. It's funny that 2 of the 3 quarterbacks you brought up started in the SEC...then transferred to the B12 where they lit it up. I remember when Kyler Murray lit us up in the bowl game his heisman year too. I mean he really came alive after they spotted us those 4 touchdowns to go up 28-0. Super accurate too, almost got that QBR up to 95.
Oh that's why they did so well since they originally went to SEC schools.. gotcha
lucille-portable.gif

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are making this sound like rocket science.

1. Name coaches who have not won a title
2. What schools do they coach at?
3. How has that team done the past three years
4. Pretend you are the writer of the article, do you like the coach

Print the list

Who is eliminated
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
USC
Washington

I think Josh Heupel is a complete stretch. I predict UCF to going back to competing in the American, sometimes being champion, but no more undefeated seasons.

I guess Malzahn has a chance, but as long as Saban is at Alabama, Malzahn won't win it. Yes, Malzahn will and has beaten Saban, but so much goes into that, that there is always a hiccup.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Day, Smart, & Riley have better chances than Franklin.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Big 12 is better just because of the QB play that has existed in the conference over the past decade. It's easier to gameplan week after week for schools who tend to run the ball more or pass without great QB play. Would love to see how those other Rust belt teams would do week after week vs the QBs that typically are in the Big 12.
And in the same vein, I can say I'd love to see how good those QBs in the Big 12 would've been if they had to face actual defenses instead of the Swiss cheese ones they faced weekly in-conference.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the same vein, I can say I'd love to see how good those QBs in the Big 12 would've been if they had to face actual defenses instead of the Swiss cheese ones they faced weekly in-conference.
LMAO.. case in point Rondale Moore lighting up the vaunted, talented 2018 tosu defense.. and of course the UT slayers MD also taking that vaunted tosu defense to the wire.. LOL. But yeah, I'm sure Grier, Murray, Corn, Bowman, Purdy, Sam or even Brewer would have crapped in their pants in 2018 facing tosu

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.. case in point Rondale Moore lighting up the vaunted, talented 2018 tosu defense.. and of course the UT slayers MD also taking that vaunted tosu defense to the wire.. LOL. But yeah, I'm sure Grier, Murray, Corn, Bowman, Purdy, Sam or even Brewer would have crapped in their pants in 2018 facing tosu
So you're taking two games from one team from one season, a season where they had their worst defense of the entire decade, as being reflective of an entire conference for a decade?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're taking two games from one team from one season, a season where they had their worst defense of the entire decade, as being reflective of an entire conference for a decade?
I mean we can go further back.. Did they have a great defense when they lost at home to ou? or getting blown out by Iowa?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it says, but Brock Purdy played one of the better defenses in the B1G last year (Iowa), and he had a solid game. Right in the middle actually. He had better games, and he had worse games - which is reflective of the (7-6) record.

Brock Purdy Game by Game Stats and Performance | ESPN

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it says, but Brock Purdy played one of the better defenses in the B1G last year (Iowa), and he had a solid game. Right in the middle actually. He had better games, and he had worse games - which is reflective of the (7-6) record.

Brock Purdy Game by Game Stats and Performance | ESPN
This is a good point 78. IMO, things have a tendency to reach a level like water does when it settles down. Had Purdy (or anyone similar) played with a team similar to ISU in the PAC 12, B1G, ACC or SEC, his results would probably have been similar to the way he performed in the Big 12. Obviously, had he been on a significantly more talented/less talented team in comparison, it would have been different. Again, JMO.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that's why they did so well since they originally went to SEC schools.. gotcha
lucille-portable.gif

Only you could interpret it that way.

No dipshit, they didn't do well in the SEC because the SEC is a much better league than the B12. Did Jalen Hurts get almost twice as good when he went to Oklahoma from Alabama?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only you could interpret it that way.

No dipshit, they didn't do well in the SEC because the SEC is a much better league than the B12. Did Jalen Hurts get almost twice as good when he went to Oklahoma from Alabama?

No. He really didn’. Put up some numbers, but was a turnover machine and was horrible at reading coverages. Riley gave him A LOT more rope than saban ever did.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we can go further back.. Did they have a great defense when they lost at home to ou? or getting blown out by Iowa?

You're right man, It is the offenses of the B12 that has been keeping them out of the championship games in the CFP era. If only Oklahoma had an offense to go with that defense, they would have ran rough over the B12 and their semi-final opponent all the way to the finals. Remember when Georgia squeeked by them 9-6. and how Alabama used that goal line stand to win by a touchdown...yeah me neither.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right man, It is the offenses of the B12 that has been keeping them out of the championship games in the CFP era. If only Oklahoma had an offense to go with that defense, they would have ran rough over the B12 and their semi-final opponent all the way to the finals. Remember when Georgia squeeked by them 9-6. and how Alabama used that goal line stand to win by a touchdown...yeah me neither.
I said week n week out the caliber of QBs made the conference play difficult. And obviously the Big 12 hasn't been an issue for it's champion not making it to the CFP either, sans year 1.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He really didn’. Put up some numbers, but was a turnover machine and was horrible at reading coverages. Riley gave him A LOT more rope than saban ever did.

That was my point, Alabama Jalen 2081, 17 TD's 1 INT, Oklahoma Jalen 3851, 32 TD's 8 INT's

Jalen didn't get better, he just switched to a league that emphasizes big plays, offensively and defensively. His stats reflect the league he was playing in. Just like all the other B12 QB's before him.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said week n week out the caliber of QBs made the conference play difficult. And obviously the Big 12 hasn't been an issue for it's champion not making it to the CFP either, sans year 1.

Sans 1? It is difficult to sound stupid in two languages, but you have managed to pull it off. The B12 has made it to 4 of 6 CFP playoffs and the one time the team selected actually showed up was to play the second best team from another conference. Congrats on beating out the Pac-12 those other 4 years....talk about setting the bar high...

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sans 1? It is difficult to sound stupid in two languages, but you have managed to pull it off. The B12 has made it to 4 of 6 CFP playoffs and the one time the team selected actually showed up was to play the second best team from another conference. Congrats on beating out the Pac-12 those other 4 years....talk about setting the bar high...
hey they beat out the rust belt too