• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which fairly successful coaches have the most to lose in 2021?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Orgeron…

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Orgeron…
That's an excellent choice. Not many had hope for him...then they ran the table in 2019. Last year they tanked.
This year people will know if he is a great coach or the HC of a one-year wonder.

This will be an important year for him

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an excellent choice. Not many had hope for him...then they ran the table in 2019. Last year they tanked.
This year people will know if he is a great coach or the HC of a one-year wonder.

This will be an important year for him
Thanks yeah. Didn’t have time to explain when I posted it, bit you basically hit the point. He’s just one of those guys that no one really sees as “Top Head Coach Pedigree”… and if LSU has a sub-par year, folks will view the championship run as just catching lightning in a bottle for a magical season…

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks yeah. Didn’t have time to explain when I posted it, bit you basically hit the point. He’s just one of those guys that no one really sees as “Top Head Coach Pedigree”… and if LSU has a sub-par year, folks will view the championship run as just catching lightning in a bottle for a magical season…

Up until last year, he has had a really nice run though. He had a three year period, previous to the Covid season, where he won 34 games. Averaging nearly 12 wins a season as the head coach of a team in the SEC West is pretty darn good for a three year stretch. But it is true in the SEC....what have you done for me lately, so perhaps last season's futility, if adding a poor season this upcoming year, could be enough to get him the door in Baton Rouge.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is questioning Jimbo in Aggieland.

Yeah, I don't see Jimbo being in trouble, unless he has an absolute drop off next year (isn't bowl eligible). Even then, I think it would take two seasons of bad football (4+ losses) for him to start feeling the heat in his back end. He has a lot of grace playing in the SEC West, with back to back national titles coming from that side of the conference and with them just having a remarkable season.

I think this season is very important for Jimbo and A&M. All signs are pointing to the Aggies righting the ship and possibly contending with top of the SEC West. No they are not Bama, but with Auburn being down, LSU sorting out their mess from last year, Ole Miss with what looks like still a year out the Aggie need to solidify themselves as the #1 contender in the SEC West. If their only conference loss is to Bama again this year and it isn't a 4 TD blowout, they can build on that. If they lose to other SEC teams then A&M takes a step back.