• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toni Kukoc on the LeBron/Curry Debate

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has also said on many occasions that lebron is the best player in the league...stop embarrassing yourself it's a bad look

He also happened to be better in the finals magic was also saying

How long ago was that?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a moron if you're going off of what Magic says. Magic, as great of a basketball player that he was, is the near opposite of an analyst. He goes with the popular opinion and that's it. An analyst that I highly respect is Tim Legler. Guys like him had to rely more on technique and IQ to stay in the league as long as he had. Magic relied more on pure athleticism and talent.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON is the better overall player. That is not really that hard to say.

I would pick LBJ 100 times out of 100 over Curry even at age 31 today.

But, the constant need for affirmation in these threads is symptomatic of "LeBron nation" in general.
No other player has had so much fan energy wasted on propping up him against perceived slights.

In some ways, I cannot wait for father time to end the seemingly endless Lebron campaigning.
And I actually like him. It is just his fans that get way too invested in our opinions of Lebron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways, I cannot wait for father time to end the seemingly endless Lebron campaigning.

It'll really begin in earnest then. Even if he doesn't win another title, they'll start claiming he was better than MJ with a laundry list of excuses for his losing record in the finals.

If he does manage to win a title in Cleveland, they'll claim that he's better than MJ because 1 title in Cleveland is like winning 2 or 3 anyplace else. :L

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw this thread. my response:

why do LeBron fans so flat-out CRAVE some validation for this guy...?:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think the bad responses are more about the poster than the player.

There might be a few people who actually think Curry is better.

I disagree. But, they are entitled to their opinion.

so I guess the OP'S point is that we have to like LeBron? er, why...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll really begin in earnest then. Even if he doesn't win another title, they'll start claiming he was better than MJ with a laundry list of excuses for his losing record in the finals.

If he does manage to win a title in Cleveland, they'll claim that he's better than MJ because 1 title in Cleveland is like winning 2 or 3 anyplace else. :L
i seriously have no clue why this perception is growing that LeBron needs to get it done soon. Duncan is near 40. MJ won what? AT LEAST 3- if not 4 rings after a season started with him being 30 years old. LeBron's help is only getting better as well as they develop....I think LeBron and the Cavs window is at LEAST a full 5 years from LEbron going from 30 (at the beginning of this sseason) to at least 35- while KYrie goes from 23 to 28 and Love goes from 27 to 32--- i mean- those se are the YEARS guys win championships 90% of the time. Its an incredible outlier to have a young team like GSW win the titl and we have discussed AD NASUEUM the way every single thing that could have broken GSW's way- DID break GSW's way. Like i said with Dirk- who could have ever guessed that the MAVERICKS would win that year- a year that totally unexpectedly was a year where a "great team" just did not exist.--- the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs etc....all veteran teams with guys in that age range between 27-33 where guys are sstill near their athletic peak but are at their toughest and most mentally strong.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lebron the most famous person in the world?

I used to, years ago, ask people- who do you think is more famous- if you found some kid working a rice paddy in Burma- would he know who Michael Jordan was? Paul McCartney?-----

kinda think LeBron is PROB that guy now.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was good in the finals last year but it wasn't "the greatest performance ever" it was a bit overrated IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON is the better overall player. That is not really that hard to say.

I would pick LBJ 100 times out of 100 over Curry even at age 31 today.

But, the constant need for affirmation in these threads is symptomatic of "LeBron nation" in general.
No other player has had so much fan energy wasted on propping up him against perceived slights.

And I actually like him. It is just his fans that get way too invested in our opinions of Lebron.

Not if curry keeps up what he's doing right now the next 3-5 years

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was good in the finals last year but it wasn't "the greatest performance ever" it was a bit overrated IMO

It was among the greatest individual Finals performances ever though. He deserved the MVP over Iggy although I know it takes a lot of brass to give it to a player on a losing team. But c'mon, he was the best player in the Finals and it's not even close to a debate.

There are a handful of players in the history of the NBA who just dominated the game with skillsets that had never been seen before. Wilt, Magic, Michael, LeBron, and now I think Curry is on that list. That's it

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was among the greatest individual Finals performances ever though. He deserved the MVP over Iggy although I know it takes a lot of brass to give it to a player on a losing team. But c'mon, he was the best player in the Finals and it's not even close to a debate.

There are a handful of players in the history of the NBA who just dominated the game with skillsets that had never been seen before. Wilt, Magic, Michael, LeBron, and now I think Curry is on that list. That's it

We'll if you take every posession it's kinda of hard not to put up pretty good numbers. He did it while shooting a little bit over 30%.. Shooting 30% doesn't equal one of the greatest ever IMOIMO

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll if you take every posession it's kinda of hard not to put up pretty good numbers. He did it while shooting a little bit over 30%.. Shooting 30% doesn't equal one of the greatest ever IMOIMO

Carrying a bunch of nobodies to win 2 games vs a great team is what I'm talking about. If Iguodala is not there Ws still win. If Lebron is not there Warriors win in 3 because Cleveland just forfeits game 4.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrying a bunch of nobodies to win 2 games vs a great team is what I'm talking about. If Iguodala is not there Ws still win. If Lebron is not there Warriors win in 3 because Cleveland just forfeits game 4.

I wouldn't say nobody's. The defense was 10x better without Irving and love. Much better chance for the cavs to win. Lebron shot 39% while shooting 20% from 3. That's far from "great" Jordan scored 41 against the suns in a series while shooting 50%

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lebron the most famous person in the world?

I used to, years ago, ask people- who do you think is more famous- if you found some kid working a rice paddy in Burma- would he know who Michael Jordan was? Paul McCartney?-----

kinda think LeBron is PROB that guy now.

Hahaha, you've never left Cleveland, have you?

NOBODY in the UK knows who Lebron is. They know who MJ is. Or Shaq. Or Kobe. But not Lebron.

Get off your high horse and stop pretending you know what happens outside of Ohio.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. Michael, Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Davis, Curry.... the who is better than who is tiring and unproductive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. Michael, Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Davis, Curry.... the who is better than who is tiring and unproductive.

Until someone states that lebron isn't the greatest player in the history of the game and you lebroniacs go ape-shit!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until someone states that lebron isn't the greatest player in the history of the game and you lebroniacs go ape-shit!
Not this LeBroniac. He isn't.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insecure OP is insecure.