• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are locked with Okudah. Holmes is being courted massively by UCLA and Nebraska, but I think it's trending to 50/50 Brasky OSU or 40/40/20 Brasky/OSU/UCLA. Wilson is getting some steam from OSU but I really think LSU and FSU are picking up some massive steam on him. I also can't rule out Herman showering him with gifts either. I think you guys still cap at 22 with the best average star rating and a top 2 lock recruiting class. Alabama probably only is number 1 due to raw numbers. Michigan will be at 3 or 4 due to number of 4 stars and 30ish recruits.

Finally I think Cam Akers goes to FSU or Ole Miss. Hugh Freeze seems to pay his recruits nicely down there. The sad thing is I think he would have legit committed to Michigan already, if the coaching staff wasn't so interested in a RB that already committed to Bama. Yeah he is a 50/50 flip possibility, but I think he ultimately chooses Bama in the end.
I never count them in until they're in, but you're probably right on Okudah. Holmes really has picked up steam to OSU here more in the last week than in his entire recruitment. One of OSU's top recruiting writers has said he has been told by several sources close to Calabasas that say he's now heavily leaning OSU, which would be amazing. I think Wilson goes to LSU, as well, which is too bad.

You guys are going to be top 5 by the end of it for sure, even if you don't lock up all of your remaining targets. I' have a hard time believing that Akers would've committed to michigan at this point though. OSU has been applying pressure to him hard throughout the process, and with what Hyde and Elliott are doing in the pros right now (not to mention Weber just getting 1st team Freshman All-American), I don't see why he'd want to go anywhere else in the B1G if given the option. I think he wants to stay south, and you're right about Freeze. I also see Harris staying put at Bama.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never count them in until they're in, but you're probably right on Okudah. Holmes really has picked up steam to OSU here more in the last week than in his entire recruitment. One of OSU's top recruiting writers has said he has been told by several sources close to Calabasas that say he's now heavily leaning OSU, which would be amazing. I think Wilson goes to LSU, as well, which is too bad.

You guys are going to be top 5 by the end of it for sure, even if you don't lock up all of your remaining targets. I' have a hard time believing that Akers would've committed to michigan at this point though. OSU has been applying pressure to him hard throughout the process, and with what Hyde and Elliott are doing in the pros right now (not to mention Weber just getting 1st team Freshman All-American), I don't see why he'd want to go anywhere else in the B1G if given the option. I think he wants to stay south, and you're right about Freeze. I also see Harris staying put at Bama.
I read in about the fact that Akers liked Harbaugh and was really interested in Michigan. I just think we had a better shot at him than Najee. Maybe I'll be wrong though.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star JUCO WR, who's seen his recruitment blow up the past month including USC, Tennessee, West Virginia offers, among others, officially commits to OU. Will look to take over the speed WR after losing Westbrook to the NFL next year.
Yikes.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan-wolverines-logo-wallpaper-imageion-a5CE5G-clipart.gif

This could be a huge week for Michigan recruiting as two 5-stars, and two 4-stars are making their choices over the next few days, and all four recruits are expected by many to choose Michigan.

Recruiting: Michigan football has chance at massive haul this week

Wow.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnay Holmes crystal balls to OSU popping up all over this morning. Very real chance OSU signs the top 3 defensive backs in the entire country - from TX, CA and FL. Saw yet another Marvin Wilson CB to OSU this morning, as well. Urban Meyer is feasting.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnay Holmes crystal balls to OSU popping up all over this morning. Very real chance OSU signs the top 3 defensive backs in the entire country - from TX, CA and FL. Saw yet another Marvin Wilson CB to OSU this morning, as well. Urban Meyer is feasting.
Yeah looking good. I assume Nebraska is just dropping the ball. Didn't they hire a positional coach that Holmes knew?

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this scary? I just read Saban is on his way to his best recruiting class in 10 years.
Six 5*'s, so far... man, how do you compete?!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah looking good. I assume Nebraska is just dropping the ball. Didn't they hire a positional coach that Holmes knew?
I don't think Nebraska was really in it all that much. It's been OSU/UCLA/USC for some time.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this scary? I just read Saban is on his way to his best recruiting class in 10 years.
By getting 9, which it appears OSU will be doing.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By getting 9, which it appears OSU will be doing.
Damn! Already locked up? WVU has signed two 5*'s since the 2002 * era began. Sad...
Saban has six verbals and a ton of signing day maybe's. I hope tOSU kicks Bama's ass. My twins were born at tOSU med center...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Already locked up? WVU has signed two 5*'s since the 2002 * era began. Sad...
Saban has six verbals and a ton of signing day maybe's. I hope tOSU kicks Bama's ass. My twins were born at tOSU med center...
They've got 6 locked up, are heavy favorites for two more, and are very much alive for the third. It's a ridiculous year for OSU recruiting, I've definitely never seen anything like this.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not the end of it either. It seems Saban is just hitting his stride.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got 6 locked up, are heavy favorites for two more, and are very much alive for the third. It's a ridiculous year for OSU recruiting, I've definitely never seen anything like this.
Hey Michigan is alive for like 5 5*s atm. Give some credit now!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Michigan is alive for like 5 5*s atm. Give some credit now!
You're gonna need them. Looks like you're gonna be losing a 4* here soon. AJ Dillon is heavily rumored to be flipping to BC.

Your other 5* guys will eventually transfer to OSU anyhow :dhd:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna need them. Looks like you're gonna be losing a 4* here soon. AJ Dillon is heavily rumored to be flipping to BC.

Your other 5* guys will eventually transfer to OSU anyhow :dhd:
He'll be a loss for sure but maybe that means Najee or someone off the radar could be coming? :noidea:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If OSU signs Holmes, I'd be shocked. It would be a tremendous get for OSU, but I think he is staying on the west coast. His best friend since childhood is David Long -- it is just a guess on my part, but if he were going to go across country to play, he would have joined up with David Long.

I don't put much into the crystal balls, as many are just guessing or bloggers putting in where they hope they sign. Same with the rumors that get put out now. With the dead period, sites put out rumors as they know staffs can't contact players. An OSU site put out an article with an 'uamed source' saying Donovan Peoples Jones was down to two schools - Ohio State and Florida. Take it all with a grain of salt right now til they sign on the dotted line.

OSU is putting together a pretty sick class though. This will be a big week for UM and recruiting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU signs Holmes, I'd be shocked. It would be a tremendous get for OSU, but I think he is staying on the west coast. His best friend since childhood is David Long -- it is just a guess on my part, but if he were going to go across country to play, he would have joined up with David Long.

I don't put much into the crystal balls, as many are just guessing or bloggers putting in where they hope they sign. Same with the rumors that get put out now. With the dead period, sites put out rumors as they know staffs can't contact players. An OSU site put out an article with an 'uamed source' saying Donovan Peoples Jones was down to two schools - Ohio State and Florida. Take it all with a grain of salt right now til they sign on the dotted line.

OSU is putting together a pretty sick class though. This will be a big week for UM and recruiting.
I normally don't put stock in a lot of the crystal balls (and there are a ton of them right now), but when Steve Wiltfong gets in on it, then there is some serious fire. At this point, it's not over, but many sources close to the program are saying OSU is the smart money. Don't forget, he's also extremely good friends with Tate Martell.

Yeah, the DJP thing sounds like baloney. I think he ends up in AA. Wilson also seems like a lock to go to you guys. Don't know much about the other two 4* guys but michigan is definitely going to have the #2 class in the conference by a mile.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally don't put stock in a lot of the crystal balls (and there are a ton of them right now), but when Steve Wiltfong gets in on it, then there is some serious fire. At this point, it's not over, but many sources close to the program are saying OSU is the smart money. Don't forget, he's also extremely good friends with Tate Martell.

Yeah, the DJP thing sounds like baloney. I think he ends up in AA. Wilson also seems like a lock to go to you guys. Don't know much about the other two 4* guys but michigan is definitely going to have the #2 class in the conference by a mile.
You have to wonder why the rest of the conference isn't recruiting for shit except PSU and maybe Nebraska some year.