• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm making a statement that should be fairly obvious here.

ANY state with a legacy program is going to be difficult to pull kids from out of state. That's just the way it is. OSU recruitniks are even predicting Dobbins will go UT already here.

The fact you think this isn't going on just because the kid gave you a few quotes is pretty funny. We've seen MANY players do this, including several from this year's class......all swearing FEALTY to other programs until a day or so before signing day.

We know what you don't. We see this kid......we know his family and what they're looking at. When we tell you we have EVERY confidence those kids are going to Texas is because we have REASON to.

But you keep hanging on to something that's really meaningless right now.

If they end up at Texas the only surprised party here will be you, because you simply refuse to accept that Texas has something to offer.
Blah, blah, blah. Remember when Okudah had such an amazing relationship with CS and would definitely be going to UT if they won however many games? As I said, if Akers goes elsewhere, Dobbins is a Buckeye. If we get Akers, we lose Dobbins, which is what it's looking like will happen. People are picking him to go to Texas only for this reason, not because Texas has some mystical spell over him. You're his consolation prize. It is what it is.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah. Remember when Okudah had such an amazing relationship with CS and would definitely be going to UT if they won however many games? As I said, if Akers goes elsewhere, Dobbins is a Buckeye. If we get Akers, we lose Dobbins, which is what it's looking like will happen. People are picking him to go to Texas only for this reason, not because Texas has some mystical spell over him. You're his consolation prize. It is what it is.
The Buckeyes should be getting a big BOOM today. Tyjon Lindsey is set to make his announcement today and it appears he will be a Buckeye today. A big time 5* WR to add to the arsenal. Grimes will be a Buckeye in the coming days as well. It's shaping out well in this class.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Tyjon Lindsey and Trevon Grimes, five-star WRs, announce commitments to Ohio State

Five-star wide receiver Tyjon Lindsey of Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman was set to announce his college decision on Monday, and Ohio State was the favorite to land the 5-foot-9, 181-pound stud. But here's the surprise: Ohio State also picked up a verbal commitment from five-star wide receiver Trevon Grimes, who made a guest apperance in Lindsey's announcement video. Grimes wasn't supposed to make his commitment until Wednesday.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL but WE'RE the arrogant ones for even SUGGESTING a Texas kid may choose to stay home........yeah, you might want to revisit that whole "arrogance" thing

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL but WE'RE the arrogant ones for even SUGGESTING a Texas kid may choose to stay home........yeah, you might want to revisit that whole "arrogance" thing
Nothing you've said is a "suggestion". All you've kept saying is "if Texas wins (x) amount of games, it won't matter what Urban or anyone else does, these kids will go to Texas". You also didn't "suggest" Okudah would go to UT, you flat out said his relationship with CS was too strong for him to leave if Texas had a good year.

That's arrogance. I'm going off of facts.
FACT: Dobbins has repeatedly said if Akers goes elsewhere, he's a Buckeye.
FACT: Okudah did not include Texas as a school he's interested in.

Sorry. :shrug:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good lord OSU. You guys are killing it right now.

I'd like to point out though. Lindsey and Grimes teamed with Tate Martell at The Opening 7 on 7's and they were shut out 14-0 by the UM recruits team led by Ambry Thomas, Kelly-Powell and Benjamin St Juste.

We haven't had many wins against OSU, so I will relish winning games the recruits play against each other. Now slow down on all the top recruits damnit. :pound:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord OSU. You guys are killing it right now.

I'd like to point out though. Lindsey and Grimes teamed with Tate Martell at The Opening 7 on 7's and they were shut out 14-0 by the UM recruits team led by Ambry Thomas, Kelly-Powell and Benjamin St Juste.

We haven't had many wins against OSU, so I will relish winning games the recruits play against each other. Now slow down on all the top recruits damnit. :pound:
Haha, well it'll be a while before Tate plays if I were to guess. Still have Burrow and Haskins to beat out, and that's if Barrett leaves this year. I'm loving this class, though. Six 5* commitments. Nobody else has more than two.

:urbs:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, OSU putting together a ridiculous class. How many scholly's does OSU have remaining? I'm guessing they can load up given they lost a dozen or so players early, just don't know.
They don't have a ton left. I think they said they expect 20 or 21 in this class, and they already have 18. However, I don't see Danny Clark staying in this class with Martell already here. He'll never see the field. It also looks likely that we'll swap Akers for Dobbins if he decides to be a Buckeye. They're trying hard to round it out with some mix of Okudah, Browning, Akers, Jay Tufele (4* DT from Utah), Anthony Hines and Jaylen Harris.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids are BACKUPS.

You're recruiting kids that don't start in HS, but you think they'll magically hit the field for you and dominate in the SEC?

REALLY???

Marchiol didn't see the field to a kid that is a 3 star prospect with 2 offers to his name, neither of which are a P5 program. Mond is behind a 2018 prospect with very few offers as well.

Only an aggy would spin this as a positive. Even the other QB recruit you guys have from Georgia, Fortin, threw 3 INTs.

You guys are recruiting SCRUBS that nobody realistically wants. If you think this is going to make your program and team better I'll have whatever it is you're smoking. You guys are looking at turning into Vanderbilt or Kentucky in football in short order if this nonsense continues.

Mond did better than the starting QB did in that game and you know Mond had an offer from Auburn and you also know he was a long time Baylor commit . And I don't even know if Marchiol did play or not he could be hurt but Marchiol had alot of schools interested in him such as Tennessee,FSU,Colorado,Ohio St.,Texas,Colorado St,Cal,Florida,Miss. St,North Carolina,GA.Tech,A&M,KU,Hawaii.LSU,Ole Miss,Stanford,Louisville etc. and for Fortin Mazzone likes him cause he's familiar with the offense that he likes to run. If you look at some of his soph. clips he's got a great, arm, quick release, above average footwork for a kid his age (seems to always step into his throws unless it's a touch pass, decision making seems pretty good, he runs a spread and I think at least one 2 back play, but very little PA. Anyway, yes he does get pressured, quite a bit which could be his o-line might not be as good right now,but he's still able to hang in there for most part get bumped and make a quality throw. He's got good arc on his deep touch pass, drops it in there, looks like he can get better on that as he's throwing off his back foot a little more than one would like, but it's a feel throw and he seems to have a good feel for those. Seems like overall he's a great prospect although not a finished product but he's still good. He is actually a 4 star if you look on Scout .

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mond did better than the starting QB did in that game and you know Mond had an offer from Auburn and you also know he was a long time Baylor commit . And I don't even know if Marchiol did play or not he could be hurt but Marchiol had alot of schools interested in him such as Tennessee,FSU,Colorado,Ohio St.,Texas,Colorado St,Cal,Florida,Miss. St,North Carolina,GA.Tech,A&M,KU,Hawaii.LSU,Ole Miss,Stanford,Louisville etc. and for Fortin Mazzone likes him cause he's familiar with the offense that he likes to run. If you look at some of his soph. clips he's got a great, arm, quick release, above average footwork for a kid his age (seems to always step into his throws unless it's a touch pass, decision making seems pretty good, he runs a spread and I think at least one 2 back play, but very little PA. Anyway, yes he does get pressured, quite a bit which could be his o-line might not be as good right now,but he's still able to hang in there for most part get bumped and make a quality throw. He's got good arc on his deep touch pass, drops it in there, looks like he can get better on that as he's throwing off his back foot a little more than one would like, but it's a feel throw and he seems to have a good feel for those. Seems like overall he's a great prospect although not a finished product but he's still good. He is actually a 4 star if you look on Scout .

LOL man the spin here is amazing. Marchiol did not see the field. He had offers.....and then got recruited over by better talent because he took too long to commit. Mond is the upper classman and cant' win the job outright? Really?

Fortin is in no way, anywhere a 4 star. Look at his stats......they're worse than Blumrick, and at least he can say he didn't start the entire season.

NOBODY in Georgia, Florida, or Tennessee wants him.....that speaks volumes. The best offer he has is A&M by far.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortin is in no way, anywhere a 4 star. Look at his stats......they're worse than Blumrick, and at least he can say he didn't start the entire season.

NOBODY in Georgia, Florida, or Tennessee wants him.....that speaks volumes. The best offer he has is A&M by far.
He's recruitment has just begun:
Cade Fortin receiving interest from multiple SEC schools as recruitment begins to take off

Aggies add Georgia quarterback Cade Fortin to 2018 class

LMAO. And nobody from Tennessee, Florida, or Georgia has offered him, my quote STANDS. The kid is a bum.

I remember when Aggys used to call Strong "3 star Chollie", and now that's all aggy recruits.....3 stars.

You guys are hilarious.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. And nobody from Tennessee, Florida, or Georgia has offered him, my quote STANDS. The kid is a bum.

I remember when Aggys used to call Strong "3 star Chollie", and now that's all aggy recruits.....3 stars.

You guys are hilarious.

He's starting to get noticed by other Big SEC schools and to some recruiting sites he is a 4 star recruit.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For grins, check the reaction on the Nebraska board...

Sample:
:lol: OSU is starting to put out the narrative that they "don't have room" for Tyjon. I think we got him, guys :dance:

I don't have a scout subscription but the USC scout guy said something about it and so did the OSU guy. That's what my buddy texted me.

Buckeye tears make the sweetest wine

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For grins, check the reaction on the Nebraska board...

Sample:
I saw it. The funny thing is I mentioned it months ago that Lindsey was a lock for us, but the Huskers fans didn't want to accept the fact that he would be a Buckeye if we had room. They are still in denial. Now with Grimes and Lindsey, who is going to cover theses guys in 2 years? The offense is stacked and the QB position is also a strength.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it. The funny thing is I mentioned it months ago that Lindsey was a lock for us, but the Huskers fans didn't want to accept the fact that he would be a Buckeye if we had room. They are still in denial. Now with Grimes and Lindsey, who is going to cover theses guys in 2 years? The offense is stacked and the QB position is also a strength.
Don't forget about Mack and Victor. The 2018 WR group will undoubtedly be amongst the strongest in the nation.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows they dont sign the papers 'till first week of February, right?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
univ-of-illinois-logo.jpg

Lovie Smith had a good recruiting day today. Coincidentally, today was Illinois Day on the BTN.

The first Illini commit today was high 3-star WR Carmoni Green out of Miami, FL.
Carmoni Green, Miami Central, Wide Receiver

Green also had offers from Oregon State and Florida.

Next, the Illini got a commit from 3-star SDE Olalere Oladipo out of Huntley, IL.
Olalere Oladipo, Huntley, Strong-Side Defensive End

Oladipo also held offers from Penn State, Mizzou, Minnesota, Michigan State, Indiana, Duke, and Cal.

Last edited: