• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 LeBron James" Superthread

Which is better for Lebron's Legacy

• Get 1 title for Cleveland

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • Get 6 titles with multiple teams

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, how in the shit does that work out?

I think because she is a UCLA and Clippers fan.

No. I wish I could find the discussion. She changed her favorite teams to what is currently listed because of what happened.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If you pay me 24mil a season can we still build a contender even though no one wants to play with me?" "You told me Paul George was going to sign a FA deal. You told me Kevin Love was going to sign?" I tried to get Dwight to re-sign and none of this has happened."

The Lakers are allegedly about titles or bust? But lets pay an often injured 36yr old player 50mil because he sells jersey's even though the sales are split up between all other teams. "We can't count on you being on the court, but hey, you make us and every other team money.

If Kobe gave a shit about the Lakers why did he try to force a trade? Why was the deal one player away from him agreeing to play for the Bulls? Why was he the man for only 3 seasons before crying for a trade? Why did Phil say he was un-coachable?

The Lakers were fielding many trade offers for Kobe because he wanted out. He def. threatened to leave because it was to brutal for him to carry his team. He saw that the pasture wasn't as green when he was putting up 30 a game, losing, while relying on low level teammates.

James didn't tell teams not to draft him or publicly demand to be traded. He never publicly called out his owner or teammates.

Oh look, it's Jim"I'mdonetalkingaboutKobe"Doors posting about his favorite subject.....Kobe. Not only after saying he's done talking about Kobe, but also in a conversation that he wasn't involved in. How sadly predictable.

Just so you know, I will no longer enable your Kobe addiction. I am no longer going to post with you re: Kobe. Perhaps you can find a KA (Kobe Anonymous) group to help you with your addiction.

Remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the latter, and other Heat fans have been saying that Wade needs to refine his perimeter game. Wade did not run out of gas against the Spurs, the Spurs defended him along with the Heat in general. The week before the finals, ESPN was all over Wade's nuts and how much of a genius Spo was to rest Wade throughout the season. Yes, Wade is not at an all-time elite level. But he'll still average in the low 20's PPG.

Wade also was recovering from shock therapy to his knee along with a pulled hamstring in the latter part of the season. Still though, if Kyle Lowry (who's a good player) can get $12 mil per year from Toronto. I don't see any reason why Wade shouldn't be getting around the same if not slightly more.

im more concerned with his defense vs the spurs than his offense. thats what i use to gauge his "legs" more than anything. when he has the energy and health the is an outstanding defender. but his defense is the first thing to go when he isn't feeling good. his defense vs the spurs was lazy as lazy can be.

Spurs did defend him well. But, at least in my eyes, it looked like it was as much dwade has nothing left (for the year, not for his career) as it did the spurs played good D

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what LeBron says or does there WILL be people that criticize it and claim it tarnishes his legacy.

No matter what LeBron does or says there WILL be people that defend it and claim it adds to his legacy.

We should all strive to be the people that don't ALWAYS fit in to one of those categories. Whether you are someone that usually enjoys a good LeBron bashing but isn't afraid to give him due props... or you're someone who typically defends him but isn't afraid to call him out when warranted... you're fine by me. Everyone else isn't worth talking to on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what LeBron says or does there WILL be people that criticize it and claim it tarnishes his legacy.

No matter what LeBron does or says there WILL be people that defend it and claim it adds to his legacy.

We should all strive to the people that don't ALWAYS fit in to one of those categories. Whether you are someone that usually enjoys a good LeBron bashing but isn't afraid to give him due props... or you're someone who typically defends him but isn't afraid to call him out when warranted... you're fine by me. Everyone else isn't worth talking to on the matter.

Well said. :agree:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually... unless we're dealing with numbers, anything you or I have to say about what we think about Lebron is just that. Our opinion.

Ask me if I think he's a great team player... my answer... my opinion,,, is no. So that "ask anyone" really doesn't mean anything. It's an opinion... not a fact.

Ok, here's his career stats (hint, look at the assist column) He is a PG that plays the SF.

There's your facts, but no harm you have an opinion--it is just not cynical.

LeBron James Career Stats Page | NBA.com

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should all strive to be the people that don't ALWAYS fit in to one of those categories. Whether you are someone that usually enjoys a good LeBron bashing but isn't afraid to give him due props... or you're someone who typically defends him but isn't afraid to call him out when warranted... you're fine by me. Everyone else isn't worth talking to on the matter.

It is what the social media is today, at least players back in the day didn't have to deal with this. It is much more challenging these days. People just don't appreciate his greatness.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nod::clap::suds:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born 62 years ago. I've seen more great teams and basketball players up close and personal then you have. I was born and raised watching The Celtics and the Lakers. Two of the original and greatest organizations the NBA has ever had. Hell... they made the NBA what it is today.

No need to get personal. We have different opinions... that's OK.

:suds:

That so, eh? Well then I'm sure you'll make fast friends talking Bill Russell with Hammer

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That so, eh? Well then I'm sure you'll make fast friends talking Bill Russell with Hammer

:lol: Probably about time for Hammer to start another of his Russell threads. You know how the Celtics fans looooove those.:whistle:

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...no matter what. Unlike last time, the guy hasn't uttered a peep about free agency in front of a camera and yet the haters are still out and about.
Its almost as if fans are hating because Lebron doesn't strive to be a carbon copy of Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson...and that he doesn't give a damn about some legacy as much as....he's supposed to...?

If the worst thing Lebron has ever done as a human being is advertise his free agency decision or "conspire" to build a championship team with a pair of fellow All Stars than damn, what a guy. Never popped for drugs, never beat his wife, no gun charges...never made it rain in a strip club...

Leave the fucking guy alone already. Damn.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...no matter what. Unlike last time, the guy hasn't uttered a peep about free agency in front of a camera and yet the haters are still out and about.
Its almost as if fans are hating because Lebron doesn't strive to be a carbon copy of Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson...and that he doesn't give a damn about some legacy as much as....he's supposed to...?

If the worst thing Lebron has ever done as a human being is advertise his free agency decision or "conspire" to build a championship team with a pair of fellow All Stars than damn, what a guy. Never popped for drugs, never beat his wife, no gun charges...never made it rain in a strip club...

Leave the fucking guy alone already. Damn.

:agree:He gets it. And yet people want to say LeBron is a terrible human being. Really?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's is this. Wheeling someone in a wheelchair out of the way asking for autograph is beyond disrespectful. Seems to me if your getting in for free ringside seats whatever u owe it to fans.

LeBron James, Chael Sonnen Beef: UFC Fighter Explains Insult On Jim Rome Show [VIDEO] : NBA : Sports World News

So because Cael Sonnen says something, you accept it as the gospel truth? C'mon man. This was Jim Rome show for crying out loud. Not exactly a reputable news source.

And you are way off on this. Any celebrity is entitled to decline autograph requests when they are trying to enjoy an evening out. Your inability to see that is far more disrespectful than LeBron saying no to autograph hounds.

Again, if this is the worst you can come up with, you are reaching pretty far.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because Cael Sonnen says something, you accept it as the gospel truth? C'mon man. This was Jim Rome show for crying out loud. Not exactly a reputable news source.

And you are way off on this. Any celebrity is entitled to decline autograph requests when they are trying to enjoy an evening out. Your inability to see that is far more disrespectful than LeBron saying no to autograph hounds.

Again, if this is the worst you can come up with, you are reaching pretty far.

I can tell you that the day James signed with the Heat,
they changed their policy to no pictures/autographs at any team planned events no matter how big or small,
expensive or inexpensive.

To compensate, they usually give each person a pre signed item.

About the only way to get him, would be if you are friendly with another player and that player asks him to stop for 30 seconds.

He's beyond ridiculous, he positions himself where nobody can really get near him and brings his own ' person' to keep people away.

If he stops in public and signs or poses for 1, then he becomes a storyline when he refuses the next persons kid.

It's a no win situation for him.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you that the day James signed with the Heat,
they changed their policy to no pictures/autographs at any team planned events no matter how big or small,
expensive or inexpensive.

To compensate, they usually give each person a pre signed item.

About the only way to get him, would be if you are friendly with another player and that player asks him to stop for 30 seconds.

He's beyond ridiculous, he positions himself where nobody can really get near him and brings his own ' person' to keep people away.

If he stops in public and signs or poses for 1, then he becomes a storyline when he refuses the next persons kid.

It's a no win situation for him.
:agree:
... and sometimes the 'fan' asking for the autograph turns around and sells it.