• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 LeBron James" Superthread

Which is better for Lebron's Legacy

• Get 1 title for Cleveland

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • Get 6 titles with multiple teams

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Stephen A. Smith this morning and he predicts that Lebron will opt out of Miami at the end of next season, and hit the free agency market with the L.A. Lakers in hot pursuit. It will be interesting to see if he learned anything from the absolute fiasco he created when he signed with the Heat a few years ago. I wonder also if his legacy will be tarnished going from one team to the other and chasing the big bucks, instead of staying put in one city and attempting to create a 'dynasty' and a legacy. But, we are also in a time and place where pro athletes rarely stay with one team their entire career. Had Lebron approached his move to Miami with a lot more humility, I think many folks would hold him in much higher regard.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that these days, team loyalty is a thing of the past and a person like Lebron, who already makes a big salary, probably is not concerned about the money as much as he is about getting on a team that can win a championship. Wade is not the player he was 5 years ago, however Bosh can still do a credible job. Anderson and Miller are both quality players and Battiea also contributes. Miami is still very deep with a solid bench. I'm not so sure that going to the Lakers is going to help Lebron play for a better team. Kobe is also not the same player he was 5 years ago so leaving Wade for Kobe doesn't seem much of a positive change. At this point, I don't see the Laker's providing much of an incentive.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it LBJ isn't leaving.

He will want to play on a contender and the Heat are the best run franchise right now. They will get some youth in there after next year.

Let's look at a list of viable options:

Cleveland: they should have some pieces in place but all of their pieces have old man Wade issues at 24, also, Gilbert still lives there.

LA Lakers: Kobe will have to be gone and their entire team is unkown, you can not say they will have a contender because their roster will have 100% turnover and their management has not seemed to be competent these days

Brooklyn: I am moving them high up the list because they will have significant money coming off the books and they have a PG and Center already there. They are clearly willing to spend money and make moves. the 2 Roadblocks are Jason Terry and KG will be on that team for a year before their contract expires.

Houston: I do not believe Dwight or LBJ wants to play together but Dwight, Harden and LBJ would be Rangz.

GSW: He would be a huge upgrade at the PF position and they would have tons of outside shooting, the problem is nobody can stay healthy.

Memphis: Gasol/Zbo/LBJ they will need some outside shooters but those are easy to find.

Dallas: A lot of questions but they will have a contender in place soon, the history doesn't make me think this will happen though.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what would be a cooler legacy than switching teams every couple of years and getting a ring? You would be the CBA enforcer, or assassin...name needs work but you get the idea.

Moving from team to team and winning a ring would be the ultimate in amazing imo, showing he can do it anywhere...but Cleveland LOL

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck LeBum James!

Who cares about that cry :baby: flopping king.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot my favorite spot...OKC

Sign and trade westbrook for LBJ is the only way the will have cap space an it is pretty clear than OKC does not enjoy paying luxury tax.

This would be insane though and it would let LBJ really come behind Magic at PG.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron hitting FA would absolutely awesome for the NBA as a whole.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe and LeBron? Forget about it.

Still, this thread is a sin.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons could have a team worthy of a LBJ consideration....that would be sick!!!

He would get to play Cleveland several times a year but also have to play Indy and Chicago just as many.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it LBJ isn't leaving.

He will want to play on a contender and the Heat are the best run franchise right now. They will get some youth in there after next year.

Let's look at a list of viable options:

Cleveland: they should have some pieces in place but all of their pieces have old man Wade issues at 24, also, Gilbert still lives there.

LA Lakers: Kobe will have to be gone and their entire team is unkown, you can not say they will have a contender because their roster will have 100% turnover and their management has not seemed to be competent these days

Brooklyn: I am moving them high up the list because they will have significant money coming off the books and they have a PG and Center already there. They are clearly willing to spend money and make moves. the 2 Roadblocks are Jason Terry and KG will be on that team for a year before their contract expires.

Houston: I do not believe Dwight or LBJ wants to play together but Dwight, Harden and LBJ would be Rangz.

GSW: He would be a huge upgrade at the PF position and they would have tons of outside shooting, the problem is nobody can stay healthy.

Memphis: Gasol/Zbo/LBJ they will need some outside shooters but those are easy to find.

Dallas: A lot of questions but they will have a contender in place soon, the history doesn't make me think this will happen though.

I agree with most of what you said about the Lakers and Cavs. But Brooklyn is not a viable option unless they make some serious S&T which I believe is no longer accepted under the new CBA. The Nets will be well above the salary cap entering the 2014-2015 season so they're not viable contenders for Lebron:

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Brooklyn Nets

Dallas: Has no chance. Dirk will be 35, and if people want to say Wade is getting old then what does that say about Dirk? They have no serious pieces in place long term.

Memphis: The players they have don't really fit Lebron. Lebron is better suited to have quality shooters around.

Houston would make sense. But they already have two max players in place and the CBA doesn't allow 3 to be in place. Miami has it but that was off the structure of the old CBA.

It all comes down to Miami, Cleveland and the Lakers. Cleveland is the only threat, but if they're in the lottery again next season then I just can't see Lebron leaving Miami, especially if Pat Riley stays long term as well. I mean the guy has won two titles here and the owner is willing to spend into the luxury tax so long as he has a title contending team. Sad that we're talking about this now. Stephen A. really has NO IDEA what direction Lebron is leaning, nor do I or any of us for that matter.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot my favorite spot...OKC

Sign and trade westbrook for LBJ is the only way the will have cap space an it is pretty clear than OKC does not enjoy paying luxury tax.

This would be insane though and it would let LBJ really come behind Magic at PG.

Lebron and Durant playing together would be a flat out crime, and I know that sounds a bit hypocritical since he's playing with Wade. But Lebron isn't going to OKC. This is just another statement which shows you're a bandwagon. Where will you fit the OKC team logo on your list?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron goes elsewhere, that be hilarious. But might be a genius move on his part. His LEGACY can be that eh goes around winning championships at multiple places. He ain't ever going to get the respect or earn the legacy that MJ has, so why not do something different? Be the first player to win rings in as many places as possible.

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't forget to mention the Sixers. They'll have approximately $36 million in cap space and will have two potential lottery picks in next year's draft, along with Noel and Michael Carter Williams. They are a top 5 franchise all time in the NBA and could sign multiple free agents, not just LeBron. Although unlikely, at least they can give him a call.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to back to Cleveland, just forgive him Gilbert!

They have a young talented team. Kyrie and Lebron would be sick!!!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland will have Kyrie Irving, Bennett, and a likely lottery pick for 2013.
They quietly added Jarret Jack which makes that a very intriguing backcourt.
I would argue that was the best free agent signing (price to value ratio) that Cleveland has ever done in the LBJ era.

Knowing the NBA, that pick will probably be the #1 pick again just to make the narrative too perfect. Magically, Cleveland gets the #1 pick in a LOADED RIDICULOUS 2013 draft to insure Lebron makes it a happy Hollywood ending for the casual fans. The NBA looks great if that happens.

Lebron would like nothing better than to re-write his legacy and win in Cleveland.
The storyline is perfect for him.

They will have a ton of cap space and the young talent to surround Lebron.
He lives there fulltime. His heart is always with Cleveland.
His only knock now was the inability to win with Cleveland.

IF he does it there, he truly will be in the Jordan conversation.
He can come back as the "returning hero" and with one quick strike remove all the mistakes of his "decision."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that was the best free agent signing (price to value ratio) that Cleveland has ever done in the LBJ era.

Knowing the NBA, that pick will probably be the #1 pick again just to make the narrative too perfect. Magically, Cleveland gets the #1 pick in a LOADED RIDICULOUS 2013 draft to insure Lebron makes it a happy Hollywood ending for the casual fans. The NBA looks great if that happens.

Lebron would like nothing better than to re-write his legacy and win in Cleveland.

He can come back as the "returning hero" and with one quick strike remove all the mistakes of his "decision."

I can only pray it works out like that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This all sounds great and I'd like to see it happen. I was a Lebron fan in Cleveland and went to see them anytime they played the Lakers or Clippers. But you're not mentioning the main reason he won't go back: Dan Gilbert's big, fat mouth.

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure the Cavaliers get a lottery pick next year either. They are poised for an 8 seed, which would be about as epic of a 1 v 8 series as you will see that ends in a sweep.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what would be a cooler legacy than switching teams every couple of years and getting a ring? You would be the CBA enforcer, or assassin...name needs work but you get the idea.

Moving from team to team and winning a ring would be the ultimate in amazing imo, showing he can do it anywhere...but Cleveland LOL
On point Bot. I would see it as way more impressive to win rings with multiple teams as the #1 option. Just because its a break from tradition doesn't invalidate the legacy. Being stuck in only doing things one way stagnates your mind. Good thing our ancestors were smart enough to stop going with the idea the world was flat.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too hard to win rings switching teams if you get other Superstars to join you...

Lebron without multiple superstars=0 rings

Lebron with Multiple Superstars = championship.