• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 LeBron James" Superthread

Which is better for Lebron's Legacy

• Get 1 title for Cleveland

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • Get 6 titles with multiple teams

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the league will always run off of "true team fans", why would it be far fetched to consider it your team? Its not like fans think hey, this is my team so i have a say in player personnel. We consider sport franchises our team because of our investment. The return does not have to be capital gain for it to be considered a real investment, does it? If the "true team fans" die off what would happen to that team or the owners group?
Maybe its not their team because its not?? Your name is not on the contract? You have no say in anything at all? If you did not support the team they would move to where enough people did. Its a business. They just sold you on being their customers.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its not their team because its not?? Your name is not on the contract? You have no say in anything at all? If you did not support the team they would move to where enough people did. Its a business. They just sold you on being their customers.

i get this and i think most of sports fans do as well. you are being technical about it to prove your point and i get that as well.

no one really thinks its their team but while they have a vested interest, they consider it their team. if i bet on a horse to win a race, at that my moment i consider it my horse because of the vested interest. Im not going to expect to go brush its tail and take it home with me afterward.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get this and i think most of sports fans do as well. you are being technical about it to prove your point and i get that as well.

no one really thinks its their team but while they have a vested interest, they consider it their team. if i bet on a horse to win a race, at that my moment i consider it my horse because of the vested interest. Im not going to expect to go brush its tail and take it home with me afterward.
I'm really not trying to prove a point about who team it is. I'm just answering your question. Like I said before, you can call me bandwagon and I can laugh about it. When you start telling me that I cant possible enjoy something or appreciate struggles like you do then I'm going to laugh at you or tell you how irrational you're being.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you even here then Montsho lmao, shouldn't you be against all sports.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you even here then Montsho lmao, shouldn't you be against all sports.
Because I like talking about basketball and observing how other people think and act?? Why should I be against sports? I played basketball, football, and baseball. Your comment doesn't make sense to me.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not trying to prove a point about who team it is. I'm just answering your question. Like I said before, you can call me bandwagon and I can laugh about it. When you start telling me that I cant possible enjoy something or appreciate struggles like you do then I'm going to laugh at you or tell you how irrational you're being.

I was just trying to give a different perspective on why someone would use the term, no big deal. Personally I dont think anyone should care if you are a bandwagon fan or not. Is there a difference between a die-hard and bandwagon fan? Of course there is a difference. Some people enjoy watching certain players and appreciate their struggles so I would have to agree with you on that one as well. The only real difference from the two is, the experience of down years of a team if you jump ship to the next hottest team.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just trying to give a different perspective on why someone would use the term, no big deal. Personally I dont think anyone should care if you are a bandwagon fan or not. Is there a difference between a die-hard and bandwagon fan? Of course there is a difference. Some people enjoy watching certain players and appreciate their struggles so I would have to agree with you on that one as well. The only real difference from the two is, the experience of down years of a team if you jump ship to the next hottest team.
Understood. Don't get me wrong. I'm not quite that much of a bandwagon fan. I picked the Lakers to win it all but I was definitely not rooting for them.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot my favorite spot...OKC

Sign and trade westbrook for LBJ is the only way the will have cap space an it is pretty clear than OKC does not enjoy paying luxury tax.

This would be insane though and it would let LBJ really come behind Magic at PG.

The Thunder don't go after selfish head cases like LeWrong Shames.

They go after YOUNG players other teams underestimate.

They're more lkely to move Westbrook back to his college position, SG, than to trade him for ANY head case.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder aint trading Westbrook for James. I'd rather have Westbrook on my team any day.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder don't go after selfish head cases like LeWrong Shames.

They go after YOUNG players other teams underestimate.

They're more lkely to move Westbrook back to his college position, SG, than to trade him for ANY head case.

They do this because they refuse to pay the luxury tax. In the end this is going to cost them any chance at a title and most likely Durant will either leave, stay there and never win a title or follow in the Big 3s footsteps and take a huge pay cut in his prime to get players to come play in OKC. The problem Durant will have is the same James had in Cleveland, nobody wants to live in Oklahoma.

Thunder aint trading Westbrook for James. I'd rather have Westbrook on my team any day.

This is why you will never be a successful GM.

Also side note, Westbrook is far from head issue free you mindless blind haters.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also side note, Westbrook is far from head issue free you mindless blind haters.[/QUOTE]

is it really "mindless" to not like someone who's egotistical, arrogant, and all about himself? just askin'...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also side note, Westbrook is far from head issue free you mindless blind haters.

is it really "mindless" to not like someone who's egotistical, arrogant, and all about himself? just askin'...

Tobad OKC suffered from injuries. That is a team built to deal with teams like the Heat.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One area that should be of concern is that Florida has no state income tax...California does. Not sure if Lebron is savvy enough to understand that, but taxes and cost of living is a consideration. That said, Lebron is the best player in the league and Miami can not win without him. Not sure if LA could win with him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you have been smoking to much crack if you think Lebron is going to leave Miami after winning two championships, mabe three by the time he gets to the next summer and been to the finals three times and mabe four. Pat Riley would have have to be on his death bed for Lebron to be convinced Miami wasn't up to the task of a fast rebuild after Wade retires or is no longer relevent. Miami wasn't afraid to trade Shaq Oneal, and they aren't afraid to trade Wade or Bosh if that's what it takes, so get over this if Lebron leaves crap. It's not going to happen

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You also said Stackhouse was better then James.:lol:

You may be anti weed, but you are pro some type of drug to come up with this shit!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Tobad OKC suffered from injuries. That is a team built to deal with teams like the Heat.

:laugh3: This is a joke right?

If that is not a joke just say it is for the sake of your credibility.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is it really "mindless" to not like someone who's egotistical, arrogant, and all about himself? just askin'...[/QUOTE]

You see, facts have been given to you several times over and you ignore them so my statement reigns supreme in all of it's glory of accuracy.

...not to mention your enjoyment of other players who suffer much worse from the character flaws you think LBJ is guilty of.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

You see, facts have been given to you several times over and you ignore them so my statement reigns supreme in all of it's glory of accuracy.

...not to mention your enjoyment of other players who suffer much worse from the character flaws you think LBJ is guilty of.[/COLOR]

:laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is about to get more respect because he is marrying his girl from highschool instead of some hooker with $ signs in her eyes. Just another reason I wonder why people think he is egotistical. He could have his pick of all the best looking money hungry hookers out there.