• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 LeBron James" Superthread

Which is better for Lebron's Legacy

• Get 1 title for Cleveland

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • Get 6 titles with multiple teams

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to back to Cleveland, just forgive him Gilbert!

Dan G will take Lebron back with open arms the second he becomes available. If Lebron does hit FA, nobody will go after him harder than Gilbert.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Kobe with Shaq and Gasol/Bynum

Kobe no Superstars = no playoff appearance and first round exit

Kobe with Shaq and Gasol = championship.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Durant playing together would be a flat out crime, and I know that sounds a bit hypocritical since he's playing with Wade. But Lebron isn't going to OKC. This is just another statement which shows you're a bandwagon. Where will you fit the OKC team logo on your list?

You say band wagon with negative connotations, I like stars and well run franchises. I really love stars who see the bigger picture. So when Riley retires when the big 3 is over (which he has hinted at) if your franchise turns into the knick's you can count on me being done with your franchise. The truth is that it is a LBJ/Wade/Bosh/Riley icon, but they do not have that so I use a Heat icon. The reason why I do not have OKC on there is because they are shedding pieces and I think means they do not have a Ring or bust mentality. But I am sure they are profitable.

Sounds like Kobe with Shaq and Gasol/Bynum

Kobe no Superstars = no playoff appearance and first round exit

Kobe with Shaq and Gasol = championship.

But Jordan played 1 on 5 for every game of every season he won a Ring, that is what was holding him back, having too many players on his team. It makes his 5 assists per game that much more amazing considering he had to pass it to himself.

Dan G will take Lebron back with open arms the second he becomes available. If Lebron does hit FA, nobody will go after him harder than Gilbert.

and LBJ will fall for it and waste the rest of his career there :L :gaah: :bawling:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horns, I agree. If we came back to Cleveland, all while enjoying the rewards of the Heat picks given up to originally get him, and then he wins it in Cleveland, it will move him away from the "decision" crap and back to his home town roots.

Still, Lakers wont have old men like Wade and Bosh signed up and will have tremendous cap flexibility.

Lebron is going to be negotiating with everyone. I still say Knicks in the end, but for sure it will be to get to a young team

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland will have Kyrie Irving, Bennett, and a likely lottery pick for 2013.
They quietly added Jarret Jack which makes that a very intriguing backcourt.
I would argue that was the best free agent signing (price to value ratio) that Cleveland has ever done in the LBJ era.

Knowing the NBA, that pick will probably be the #1 pick again just to make the narrative too perfect. Magically, Cleveland gets the #1 pick in a LOADED RIDICULOUS 2013 draft to insure Lebron makes it a happy Hollywood ending for the casual fans. The NBA looks great if that happens.

Lebron would like nothing better than to re-write his legacy and win in Cleveland.
The storyline is perfect for him.

They will have a ton of cap space and the young talent to surround Lebron.
He lives there (Akron) fulltime. His heart is always with Akron.
His only knock now was the inability to win with Cleveland.

IF he does it there, he truly will be in the Jordan conversation.
He can come back as the "returning hero" and with one quick strike remove all the mistakes of his "decision."

I had to make a pretty big FIFY moment

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to back to Cleveland, just forgive him Gilbert!

They have a young talented team. Kyrie and Lebron would be sick!!!

That would work out perfectly for guys like Turnip who was a CLEV fan and switched to Miami to keep smelling LeBum's jocks. right Turnip?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say band wagon with negative connotations, I like stars and well run franchises. I really love stars who see the bigger picture. So when Riley retires when the big 3 is over (which he has hinted at) if your franchise turns into the knick's you can count on me being done with your franchise. The truth is that it is a LBJ/Wade/Bosh/Riley icon, but they do not have that so I use a Heat icon. The reason why I do not have OKC on there is because they are shedding pieces and I think means they do not have a Ring or bust mentality. But I am sure they are profitable.

You seem to be on the wagon that Lebron is leaving now so why don't you get off the bandwagon early. There's nothing great about bandwagon fans. I have much more respect for some of the hardcore Lakers fans like CL67 who despises Heat fans. Because he's consistent. I don't have to question which team he'll like next week, I don't have to question which fanbase he'll side with when we start the proverbial war of words during the regular season.

The Heat will never become the Knicks. The Heat have never just "thrown" out money to players without doing their due diligence. Not to say all players have worked out, but it hasn't been anywhere near as bad.

I have more respect for the fans of teams like the Warriros who have been pretty bad for as long as I can remember. The fact that they're a legitimate playoff team means so much more as they remember all the years of mediocrity before it and can truly respect the position they're in right now.

It must feel great celebrating an NBA title every single season. But then again it probably doesn't really truly hit you like this one did for us Heat fans. Do myself and every other Heat fan a favor and just get off the bandwagon. You're the real reason Lakers fans really despise Heat fans.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what LeRoys shoe contract still states. I remember when he was in Cleveland, his percentage of money would go up if he played in new york, chicago or los angeles. That was the deal he signed while still in high school for 93 million dollars over 7 years. His new contract from 2010 was not made public as far as dollars go, it seems to be more of a percentage the 300 million dollars a year sales than dollars for dollars.

The players that are making 5 times their salary on shoe contracts should be playing for the MLE. D Rose is getting 260 million from Addidas over 14 years. Dont know if its just rose or because he is in the big market.

Anyway, if LEbron wants to sell even more shoes, he will go to a big market. Thats where his money is. With him currently being the 8th highest paid player in the league, behind kobe, dirk, arenas lol, amare, carmelo, joe johnson and pau gasol, tied with butterfingers bosh, I would say he will definitely opt out next year, but he will be able to sign with miami for more money than anywhere else, just like Howards deal. I doubt he leaves 30 million on the table and leaves miami, but depending on the shoe deal, he might make 30 million more in LA.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say LeBron plays for 2 more teams. He's chasing rings and any chance he has to team up with younger stars, he will. I could see LA landing him and paring him with Kobe. That would be something else. Two of the top 5ish of all time of the same team.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we for sure get him, but throwing out LA as a landing spot is kind of foolish thing to do....especially considering the fact that they're going after MELO as well. Let's do the ultimate hypothetical....if the Lakers were to land Melo, Kobe(or even if he retires) and Pau take lesser contracts, with cap space to build a young team, I'd say that it would be a pretty enticing situation. If they're asking Lebron to take a paycut to keep the big 3 alive, the Lakers can offer more per year as well(I think). At this point it comes down to this, I think the new cba is built to put an end to the times of having a "big 3". I think Bosh will be the one that's traded for Miami, and it'll come down to Wade plus whatever team Miami can put together vs whatever team the Lakers can put together with all of that cap space. Now, who knows what other teams will make moves to hop into this race as well....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too hard to win rings switching teams if you get other Superstars to join you...

Lebron without multiple superstars=0 rings

Lebron with Multiple Superstars = championship.

Rings=multiple superstars

So I don't get your point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work out perfectly for guys like Turnip who was a CLEV fan and switched to Miami to keep smelling LeBum's jocks. right Turnip?

I think Hammer hit the nail on the head.
Gilbert took himself out of the ever get James back conversation when he through his ridiculous hissy fit on Decision night.

I understand all the hope of the fans of the other 29 teams to wish James was coming your way.
Anyone with a brain would.
He's not leaving Miami next summer though. No reason too. Riley/Arison have proven to him that they know how to contend long term. Players love South Beach. Easy to reload at discount prices. No reason to leave.
You guys seem to forget that James joined his buddies to win how many championships in Miami?

Makes good conversations though.

And Rum, I never was a Cavs fan, but I still continue to be a big fan of your stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say LeBron plays for 2 more teams. He's chasing rings and any chance he has to team up with younger stars, he will. I could see LA landing him and paring him with Kobe. That would be something else. Two of the top 5ish of all time of the same team.

Right:L. He's going to ditch his best friend Wade to play with Kobe.

If Kobe wants to play with James, he will have the opportunity next summer, but he would have to move to Miami.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right:L. He's going to ditch his best friend Wade to play with Kobe.

If Kobe wants to play with James, he will have the opportunity next summer, but he would have to move to Miami.

Oh that would be hilarious. Sman would seriously shit his panties seeing that Kobe had to rely on Lebron for ring #6.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if LBJ left. One thing I learned about NBA players that it is in your best interest to not attempt to read their mind. I do think that if he does leave it won't be to the Lakers because he is not playing Robin to anyone. Kobe already let it be known that he is the man on the lakers and will always be the man. He doesn't plan on taking a backseat to anyone so it is hard to believe LBJ or Melo going there unless Kobe decides to retire after this yr

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think lebron opts out but stays. worse case scenario 4 years in miami yielded 2 titles and 3 trips to the finals. but who knows. the only think i am sure of.. is he leaves, i will be throwing one world class hissy fit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if LBJ left. One thing I learned about NBA players that it is in your best interest to not attempt to read their mind. I do think that if he does leave it won't be to the Lakers because he is not playing Robin to anyone. Kobe already let it be known that he is the man on the lakers and will always be the man. He doesn't plan on taking a backseat to anyone so it is hard to believe LBJ or Melo going there unless Kobe decides to retire after this yr

I agree with the LA/Kobe thing.

MAYBE someday to NY/Brooklyn, but it won't be until the are legit contenders when he comes.

He's here at least another 3-4, and then we'll see what happens.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the LA/Kobe thing.

MAYBE someday to NY/Brooklyn, but it won't be until the are legit contenders when he comes.

He's here at least another 3-4, and then we'll see what happens.

If Lebron stays 4 more years then I'm good with it. By then he'll be 32-33. If he wants to go back to Cleveland to wrap his career up then good for him. But I want him in his prime at Miami. Then again, the way Lebron takes care of himself I can honestly see him playing at this level until he's about 34-35.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that would be hilarious. Sman would seriously shit his panties seeing that Kobe had to rely on Lebron for ring #6.

It would be funny, if there were any possibility in that happening, ever.