• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thee OFFICIAL 2011 MLB trade deadline thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to see Belt gone again. Is Huff going to step it up?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Pat, for the memories.

Belt probably needs more AB's. With Huff more than likely slipping to the 6/7 spot I hope his bat starts to heat up. He's starting to show some signs, I'm just hoping now that this pressure relief coming from Beltran will help him and Ross find their swing again.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHat do you all think of Beltran hitting 3rd, as reported? Shouldn't he bat cleanup?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHat do you all think of Beltran hitting 3rd, as reported? Shouldn't he bat cleanup?

Somebody on here probably has a good reason to back up Beltran's position batting 3rd, but since the guy doesn't steal bases like he used to, I would imagine he's the sure bet to bat clean up and Panda batting 3rd. I'm assuming Nate is 5th, Huff 6th or 7th, etc.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody on here probably has a good reason to back up Beltran's position batting 3rd, but since the guy doesn't steal bases like he used to, I would imagine he's the sure bet to bat clean up and Panda batting 3rd. I'm assuming Nate is 5th, Huff 6th or 7th, etc.

I'd agree but I asked that because it's already being reported, he's batting third. Don't know if that was another of his demands to come here (like playing RF) but that's what is happening.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree but I asked that because it's already being reported, he's batting third. Don't know if that was another of his demands to come here (like playing RF) but that's what is happening.

With all these demands to waive his NTC, I predict he's going to be DFA;d after the season and before the playoffs. Cody Ross will then come back and weave some magic, the Giants will repeat as World Series Champions and Beltran's wife will have been found to distribute steroids.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all these demands to waive his NTC, I predict he's going to be DFA;d after the season and before the playoffs. Cody Ross will then come back and weave some magic, the Giants will repeat as World Series Champions and Beltran's wife will have been found to distribute steroids.

LOL.

I hope he produces more than that yahoo.

Actually all the 'me first' stuff strikes me as a little....Bondsian.

I guess he wants batting order protection since he's playing for his next contract. Should be motivated by at least that.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ripping the trade does not mean Alderson was considered in Wheeler's class, or even close to it. Freddy was injured, the secondbase market was going to be a buyers market the next year. The main criticism of the trade was mostly the way Sabean piece-mealed his prospects (Barnes, Alderson) to go after complementary players rather than a middle of the order bat.

Bottom line, criticizing either or both trades does not imply much about how people view Wheeler and Alderson.

I should have read a little further I guess, this is the response that I was going for.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just went through and read the whole thread. Brilliant points all around gentlemen, I don't think I can rep any of you anymore though. Welcome Chinmusic! Talk to Filo about paying your dues (joke propagated by NN being stupid.)
Here's something new:
"Just found out the REAL deal: Belt NOT going down, Burrell as you know CANNOT be released. Team still weighing options"
-Michael Urban 8 hours ago.

Twitter

Goodbye Rowand?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went through and read the whole thread. Brilliant points all around gentlemen, I don't think I can rep any of you anymore though. Welcome Chinmusic! Talk to Filo about paying your dues (joke propagated by NN being stupid.)
Here's something new:
"Just found out the REAL deal: Belt NOT going down, Burrell as you know CANNOT be released. Team still weighing options"

Twitter

Goodbye Rowand?

Why can't Burrell get released?

Hall DFA? Another trade? Another mysterious Giant injury? Crawbaby optioned?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's something new:

Twitter

Goodbye Rowand?

Yeah, what the hell. First CSN reports the Burrell activated/DFA'd - Belt down story then retract it a couple of hours later.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something new:

Twitter

Goodbye Rowand?

CSN retracting it's earlier scoop:

Giants GM Sabean denies CSN report on Burrell, Belt

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Baggs: "Carlos Beltran will make his Giants debut tonight and he’ll play behind Tim Lincecum. "

Like the look of this: "....the probables will be Matt Cain, Tim Lincecum and Vogelsong when the Giants begin their homestand with the second-place Arizona Diamondbacks."

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does the lineup shake out? We know Boch is always changing it around, but I'd say the best lineup we could field out there would be

CF-Torres
2B-Keppinger
RF-Beltran
3B-Sandoval
LF-Schierholtz
1B-Huff
C-Whiteside
SS-Crawford