• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thee OFFICIAL 2011 MLB trade deadline thread

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So how does the lineup shake out? We know Boch is always changing it around, but I'd say the best lineup we could field out there would be

CF-Torres
2B-Keppinger
RF-Beltran
3B-Sandoval
LF-Schierholtz
1B-Huff
C-Whiteside
SS-Crawford

At Pacbell:

CF Torres
LF Schierholtz
RF Beltran
3B Sandoval
1B Huff
2B Keppinger
SS Crawford/Fonty
C Whiteside

On the Road:

2B Keppinger
CF Schierholtz
RF Beltran
3B Sandoval
LF Ross
1B Huff
SS Crawford/Fonty
C Whiteside

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I think we all know what this means...Sabean just traded Rowand and Zito to the Rangers for Elvis Andrus.

:eek2: Somehow even that trade by Sabean would be met with criticism from someone out in the intertubes.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:eek2: Somehow even that trade by Sabean would be met with criticism from someone out in the intertubes.

hahaha, I can see it now "Great, now we have to have Sanchez back in the rotation and he's gonna walk people!!!! OMG y couldn't stoooopid sabean have gotten C.J. Wilson too?????"

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy said Belt will not be optioned. Sorry, no link.

Current 25 man (26):

P(12): Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Zito, Wilson, Romo, Affeldt, Lopez, Ramirez, Casilla, Mota
C(2): Whiteside, Stewart
IF(7): Huff, Keppinger, Fontenot, Sandoval, Belt, Burriss, Crawford
OF(4): Torres, Schierholtz, Ross, Rowand, Beltran

DL(5): Tejada, Burrell, J Sanchez, F Sanchez, DeRosa

My guess -- Burriss gets optioned today to make room for Beltran. When Chez is activated, Mota DFA'd. When Tejada is activated, Craw optioned. DeRo, PTB stay in minors until Sept. 1. Franchez is the key: if he can play this year, he gets added prior to Sept 1 and Zito put on waivers (which he will clear).

Playoff roster:

SP(4): Timmy, Cainer, Bum, Song
RP(7): Weez, Romo, Affeldt, Lopez, RamRam, Casilla, Chez
IF (7): Huff, Franchez (hopefully), Keppy, Panda, Belt, Fonty, Miggy
C (2): Whitey, Stew [possible upgrade here]
OF (5): Beltran, Nate, Ross, Andy, RoRo

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, sf giants r best. If Tidrow said that, it's very reassuring. I wonder who he really has in mind that is somewhat comparable to Wheeler. Crick? Rosin? Kickham?

Don't think we have anyone comparable to Wheeler, but enough depth pitching wise. In another link (posted above), Sabean said he needs to find and develope another Wheeler.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would just confirm how fucking cheap Neukom and the ownership group is. :becky:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current 25 man (26):

P(12): Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Zito, Wilson, Romo, Affeldt, Lopez, Ramirez, Casilla, Mota
C(2): Whiteside, Stewart
IF(7): Huff, Keppinger, Fontenot, Sandoval, Belt, Burriss, Crawford
OF(4): Torres, Schierholtz, Ross, Rowand, Beltran

DL(5): Tejada, Burrell, J Sanchez, F Sanchez, DeRosa

My guess -- Burriss gets optioned today to make room for Beltran. When Chez is activated, Mota DFA'd. When Tejada is activated, Craw optioned. DeRo, PTB stay in minors until Sept. 1. Franchez is the key: if he can play this year, he gets added prior to Sept 1 and Zito put on waivers (which he will clear).

Playoff roster:

SP(4): Timmy, Cainer, Bum, Song
RP(7): Weez, Romo, Affeldt, Lopez, RamRam, Casilla, Chez
IF (7): Huff, Franchez (hopefully), Keppy, Panda, Belt, Fonty, Miggy
C (2): Whitey, Stew [possible upgrade here]
OF (5): Beltran, Nate, Ross, Andy, RoRo

Boy if Franchez can come back by September/late August, what a boost! Move Kep to SS, instert Franchez to the 2-spot.

IMO, if the Giants don't deal for a SS, I would think that they believe Franchez will be able to return. In that case, I think the Giants will target a catcher. I know that there aren't SS growing on trees out there but there are upgrades (Scutaro comes to mind).

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sabean goes after a catcher. The Rangers have some depth there and Mike Napoli would be a big upgrade although I don't know if he's available. What about Kurt Suzuki? Maybe Ianetta?

I'm really excited to see what kind of boost Beltran gives to our offense. I hope he takes away some of the 'torture'.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sabean goes after a catcher. The Rangers have some depth there and Mike Napoli would be a big upgrade although I don't know if he's available. What about Kurt Suzuki? Maybe Ianetta?

I'm really excited to see what kind of boost Beltran gives to our offense. I hope he takes away some of the 'torture'.

Also Ramon Hernandez and Miguel Olivo, which I'd say are more likely.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It looks like Sabean might not be done.

"On another Dodgers front, one exec who spoke with them reports the Giants have talked to L.A. about shortstop Rafael Furcal. "

-Crasnick, ESPN

MLBtraderumors.com links us through this report but says the Brewers might be more serious. I'd be ok with trading Wheeler away if it meant the money saved in the Beltran deal was used to pay the tab on Furcal.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy if Franchez can come back by September/late August, what a boost! Move Kep to SS, instert Franchez to the 2-spot.

IMO, if the Giants don't deal for a SS, I would think that they believe Franchez will be able to return. In that case, I think the Giants will target a catcher. I know that there aren't SS growing on trees out there but there are upgrades (Scutaro comes to mind).

And then there's this:

On another Dodgers front, one exec who spoke with them reports the Giants have talked to L.A. about shortstop Rafael Furcal.

Interesting....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olivio has pretty good power numbers considering he's playing at Safeco. Maybe we can get him cheap.

IIRC, we tried to pursue Olivio last offseason, but he was signed to that 2 yr/6MM deal and priced himself out of our range. Can't see us paying him $4MM next year AND giving up a prospect.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Sabean might not be done.

"On another Dodgers front, one exec who spoke with them reports the Giants have talked to L.A. about shortstop Rafael Furcal. "

-Crasnick, ESPN

MLBtraderumors.com links us through this report but says the Brewers might be more serious. I'd be ok with trading Wheeler away if it meant the money saved in the Beltran deal was used to pay the tab on Furcal.

Looking further at Furcal, I don't want him. He looks like he's done.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking further at Furcal, I don't want him. He looks like he's done.

I must say, the latest Giants-Dodgers series, it didn't seem like Furcal had the energy or buzz that he used to bring. Maybe change would help though.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I must say, the latest Giants-Dodgers series, it didn't seem like Furcal had the energy or buzz that he used to bring. Maybe change would help though.

This is the line I'm in on any Dodgers player. There's a reason why they're way under preseason expectations despite breakout years from Kemp and Kershaw.