• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why don't Seattle tell the NFL they don't need their first round picks anymore.

Just trade every 1st round pick forever from now on.

Your argument is dumb

No it has merit.

Our last hit was in 2010. That says alot....

We have had success since then in the later rounds.

Why waste them?

Is Jamal Adams some slum walking the streets?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's probably a good trade for both sides.

The Seahawks get a 24 year old All-Pro safety for first round picks they waste every year.

The Jets get two first round picks, a third and a pretty solid vet safety in exchange in exchange for a player who doesn't want to be there.

Props to the Jets for being able to get this much for Adams. I would've figured that Jamal Adams being disgruntled would've lowered his price.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks get a 24 year old All-Pro safety for first round picks they waste every year.

The Jets get two first round picks, a third and a pretty solid vet safety in exchange in exchange for a player who doesn't want to be there.

Props to the Jets for being able to get this much for Adams. I would've figured that Jamal Adams being disgruntled would've lowered his price.

That is my feeling. It works both sides but everyone else are saying that the Seahawks got boned.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are a few things to take away since the super loss and the team falling apart.

1. The seahawks have been trash at drafing if you look at our draft history since 2014 we are probably the worst team in the league. In 6 years we drafted 3 pro bowlers 1 we traded away, the other is a punter, and there is Tyler Lockett and he made it because of his return game which is not existant now.

2. At this pace it is more than likely that RW, Pete, and our GM will leave the team probably without even getting back to the super similar to Aaron Rodgers and the packers career path since their super bowl. Just a bunch of winning seasons and getting bumped in the playoffs.

3. Which is the most alarming and NOBODY is talking about.....THERE IS NO COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON. Everything right now is pointing to the season getting canceled so how will teams even draft next offseason? It wouldnt be a bad idea to be a buyer with your draft picks for 2020 unless they have a month long nfl combine inviting over 1,000 college players I dont see how this season will be good in terms of evalutating prospects and drafting.

One last thing we needed to get someone in our secondary if we are going to face Hopkins and the Cardinals 2x this season we need to be ready.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related story, the Seahawks announced they have a new front office exec:

Head-Coach-Bill-O%E2%80%99Brien-24.jpeg
German bastards!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently the Seahawks were the aggressors in the trade talks and went all in for Adams

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle fans are trying to paint lipstick on a pig by claiming it was a good deal for them.

I'd rather see us trade away all of our first round picks with how awfully the Seahawks have drafted with their first selections the past 10 years.

This is what the Seahawks have done with their first selection (be it in the first or second round):

2020: Jordyn Brooks, LB
2019: L.J. Collier, DE
2018: Rashaad Penny, HB
2017: Malik McDowell, DL
2016: Germain Ifedi, OT
2015: Frank Clark, DE
2014: Paul Richardson, WR
2013: Christine Michael, HB

Not exactly the best of picks.

Was this a steal? Not a snowballs chance in hell. Jamal Adams is objectively a top-5 safety in the NFL and we gave up a lot for him, but to be frank I think we will get more value out of him than those picks we gave up.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my feeling. It works both sides but everyone else are saying that the Seahawks got boned.

There's a compelling argument that we gave up too much in draft capital and I understand that perspective and to be frank do agree with it.

My side is that I don't think we would've acquired talent in the 2021 and 2022 drafts that would be equivalent to what Adams will bring to the team.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, 20 million dollar safety when the cap is going down. They might get away with it for this year but long term this is going to be crushing financially.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Seahawks were the aggressors in the trade talks and went all in for Adams
The Jets played them like a violin.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming to this late, but here's my grades:

B for Seattle,
D for NYJ,
(IN THE NEXT 3 years)

D for Seattle
A for NY
(AFTER the NEXT 3 years)

Seattle is in a bit of a limited window.. Despite how young Russell Wilson is to improve their team and take over a Super Bowl spot the team needs help... Adams is one of the best safeties in the league and combined with Diggs, Dungar (if he plays) and Griffen is going to create an ELECTRIC secondary. LOB2 has to be in the making..

I have my reservations about giving this much up for a secondary... history shows us that OL/DL and QB wins Championships before all other positions.

That said, Pete Carroll is getting old... and the grade I gave is specifically to finish of Pete and Russell's tenure with multiple Super bowls under their team. I'm giving this two grades... One for Carroll/Wilson, and one for the sorry SOB that is going to be the next head coach for Seattle in 3 years.

RIP Sam Darnold... seriously... RIP.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really do think the Seahawks could've received a better deal for Adams, but I'll just be happy that the Seahawks substantially upgraded a subpar defense with one of the best safeties in the game. Is he worth what we paid? Probably not. I'll just be happy knowing that the Seahawks acquired a talented young player which they've recently been unable to do via the draft.

I suppose time will tell.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consideration also needs to be taken into how 1st round draft picks in the upcoming draft should have vastly lower value due to the total crapshoot volatility of a draft following no college football season. Even beyond that the draft after that and probably beyond for a bit the development of young talent will be potentially stunted due to the year away from the game for everyone when they are in such a developmental phase of learning the game in High School and College.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a compelling argument that we gave up too much in draft capital and I understand that perspective and to be frank do agree with it.

My side is that I don't think we would've acquired talent in the 2021 and 2022 drafts that would be equivalent to what Adams will bring to the team.
Good point, Seattle usually finishes the season with a draft pick in the 17-28 range. The Hawks are about now and if Carson and Penny come back strong, they have a good chance to win the West. The Hawks usually do good with a running game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
onsideration also needs to be taken into how 1st round draft picks in the upcoming draft should have vastly lower value due to the total crapshoot volatility of a draft following no college football season.

The college football season was canceled?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides benefit- Seahawks get an AP safety to go with their other AP (alternate) safety, as they are in a win now mode. But that was one hell of a haul for the Jets as they continue to build for the future, especially considering they were all but forced to trade Adams. Two first rounders for a safety??? Even a super talented one, that's nonetheless a trade I'd make in a heartbeat.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides benefit- Seahawks get an AP safety to go with their other AP (alternate) safety, as they are in a win now mode. But that was one hell of a haul for the Jets as they continue to build for the future, especially considering they were all but forced to trade Adams. Two first rounders for a safety??? Even a super talented one, that's nonetheless a trade I'd make in a heartbeat.
The window of opportunity is closing for Russell Wilson. I don't see how this trade makes that team much better.