• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seahawks have given up

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National media starting to freak out about DK skipping mandatory minicamp. Like this kind of thing doesn't happen every year and it's resolved without issue. He'll get paid and everything will be fine.

Which team's poster will be the first to suggest trading for him at a bargain?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National media starting to freak out about DK skipping mandatory minicamp. Like this kind of thing doesn't happen every year and it's resolved without issue. He'll get paid and everything will be fine.

Which team's poster will be the first to suggest trading for him at a bargain?

Bears and Eagles fans are usually the most likely to do it. But the Eagles just gave up the farm for Brown.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go with Geno Smith as our starting qb this year, yes we have given up! We win maybe 3 games all year with Geno at QB… We’re setting up next years draft is all we’re doing with Geno behind center …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go with Geno Smith as our starting qb this year, yes we have given up! We win maybe 3 games all year with Geno at QB… We’re setting up next years draft is all we’re doing with Geno behind center …
It's not about giving up but building for the future and that starts with getting a top QB1 prospect. Have to get bad to get good to great.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about giving up but building for the future and that starts with getting a top QB1 prospect. Have to get bad to get good to great.

Well, giving up on 2022-23 anyway… My only worry about that is if we miss on our next drafted QB prospect, which happens.. I’ve never been a huge fan of taking QB’s high in the draft, unless they’re a ridiculously good prospect… Rick Mirer was enough for me, he was the next Joe Montana according to Bill Walsh … I’m still sad about that..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the part that I really don't like. The notion that we'll suck enough to be able to draft a really good QB is just not a great strategy. Historically teams that do this, remain bad for a long time.

If the Seahawks had turned around and made a big trade to get a quality QB I would be a lot more supportive of what they've done this offseason.
Let's look at the QBs taken in the top 10 over the last 10 years. I'll exclude last year as it is too early to tell with those guys..

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Murray
Jones
Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
TRubisky
Mahomes
Goff
Wentz
Winston
Mariota
Bortles

16 QBs selected. 4 top tier QBS(Burrow, Herbert, Rosen, Mahomes). One just on outside of the top tier(Murray). The other 11 are duds with only Tua possibly breaking through to become a quality QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part that I really don't like. The notion that we'll suck enough to be able to draft a really good QB is just not a great strategy. Historically teams that do this, remain bad for a long time.

If the Seahawks had turned around and made a big trade to get a quality QB I would be a lot more supportive of what they've done this offseason.
Let's look at the QBs taken in the top 10 over the last 10 years. I'll exclude last year as it is too early to tell with those guys..

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Murray
Jones
Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
TRubisky
Mahomes
Goff
Wentz
Winston
Mariota
Bortles

16 QBs selected. 4 top tier QBS(Burrow, Herbert, Rosen, Mahomes). One just on outside of the top tier(Murray). The other 11 are duds with only Tua possibly breaking through to become a quality QB.
Pete isn't going to lose any games on purpose, so I won't worry about that. About the list ^^^^ might point out Wentz and Goff teams did go the Super Bowl, Bortles team made to the conference championship. FYI think you meant Allen not Rosen.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete isn't going to lose any games on purpose, so I won't worry about that. About the list ^^^^ might point out Wentz and Goff teams did go the Super Bowl, Bortles team made to the conference championship. FYI think you meant Allen not Rosen.

I don't think Pete is planning on losing any games.

But can he really believe that this team can win a lot of games with Geno Smith or Drew Lock as QB?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Pete is planning on losing any games.

But can he really believe that this team can win a lot of games with Geno Smith or Drew Lock as QB?
IDK but it would be a uphill climb and the rest of the roster would have to be really good. The roster is vastly improved but not sure they are at the point they can over come poor play at QB yet ( maybe Lock can surprise?), besides NFC west is brutal and AFC west is no cake walk. Seahawks weren't going anywhere with a declining RW and RW wanted to move on so it is what it is. Happy that the Seahawks didn't reach to fill a need this season and what ever the record is I'm confident 2023 record is going to be a lot better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Geno would win more games than Lock. Hell Geno would have won games last year that Wilson played in and lost after returning from injury at like what seemed 30-40%. I think Seattle beats AZ. and Wash. With Geno. Geno was improving noticeably every week as he knocked off the massive amount of rust he had grown being behind Wilson. Geno is more than capable of winning 8 games with this team, Lock i think it's going to be 4 to 6 unless he finally shows the potential that he was drafted for. A healthy Wilson would have been in that 10 to 12 range.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Geno would win more games than Lock. Hell Geno would have won games last year that Wilson played in and lost after returning from injury at like what seemed 30-40%. I think Seattle beats AZ. and Wash. With Geno. Geno was improving noticeably every week as he knocked off the massive amount of rust he had grown being behind Wilson. Geno is more than capable of winning 8 games with this team, Lock i think it's going to be 4 to 6 unless he finally shows the potential that he was drafted for. A healthy Wilson would have been in that 10 to 12 range.

We know what Geno’s ceiling is though, and it’s not good, I think with Geno we win maybe 4 or 5 games honestly, he’s turnover prone, doesn’t stay cool with the games on the line.. Lock is younger, has had a rough start, but we don’t truly know what his ceiling is yet, that’s why he at least gives us that question mark .. We know Geno is a backup, he’s never been starting material, Lock while it hasn’t been pretty early in his career, he could be starting material, maybe .. That’s why I’d rather see Lock, and if he ends up sucking so be it, get our QB next year… I have this gut feeling though Pete and John nab another veteran QB before it’s all said and done …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, giving up on 2022-23 anyway… My only worry about that is if we miss on our next drafted QB prospect, which happens.. I’ve never been a huge fan of taking QB’s high in the draft, unless they’re a ridiculously good prospect… Rick Mirer was enough for me, he was the next Joe Montana according to Bill Walsh … I’m still sad about that..
I get it. Top prospects like Rick Mirer don't always pan out but the options were slim in FA and this years QB draft class was calculated to be a sub par class. Obviously that's a wait and see if true in 3 years but best bet was fill in the holes with young talent, run with Lock/Geno and be bad. The positive to this season is watching our draft talent grow and preform.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Murray
Jones
Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
TRubisky
Mahomes
Goff
Wentz
Winston
Mariota
Bortles

Our trading left this team void of filling holes. The Russ trade helped us get out first rounder back and have 2 firsts next year. So I'm not sure where this big trade for a QB would have come from.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our trading left this team void of filling holes. The Russ trade helped us get out first rounder back and have 2 firsts next year. So I'm not sure where this big trade for a QB would have come from.

Well I think that's the problem. We didn't have the cap to make a trade for a Matt Ryan.

IMO, the Seahawks should have traded Russ next year. His cap hit would have been a lot less and we wouldn't be facing the almost certain grim season ahead of us.

But what's done is done.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think that's the problem. We didn't have the cap to make a trade for a Matt Ryan.

IMO, the Seahawks should have traded Russ next year. His cap hit would have been a lot less and we wouldn't be facing the almost certain grim season ahead of us.

But what's done is done.
It's a waste of draft picks trading for an older QB on a decline. If Seattle was a QB away from the next level I could possibly see it but with the amount of holes on this team they're not close to that next level. I'm not looking to be just a 9/10 win team and 1 and done in the playoffs. I want this team built back up and become contenders again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a waste of draft picks trading for an older QB on a decline. If Seattle was a QB away from the next level I could possibly see it but with the amount of holes on this team they're not close to that next level. I'm not looking to be just a 9/10 win team and 1 and done in the playoffs. I want this team built back up and become contenders again.

And you think keeping Pete is the right choice to do that?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Murray
Jones
Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
TRubisky
Mahomes
Goff
Wentz
Winston
Mariota
Bortles

Even with hindsight being 20/20, a number of those guys were reaches/projects.